Sign in to follow this  
Kairazy

Softies SA Fishing Thread

I caught this gummy a couple of weeks ago at Pt Vic. Was great fun Im heading out to Ardrossan and pt vic this weekend for snapper and whiting

gummy2.jpg

Edited by Kairazy

Let me know how you go in port vic, heaps keen to go there soon

Edited by Rocky88

I'll be at southport first thing in the morning tomorrow I reckon

Need to finish the work on my boat, and get it here with me,.. (I've moved to pt augusta) The King fish are on the bite

Went to Ardrossan and Pt Vic on sunday. Got 1 snapper at Ards measuring 89cm but that was it there. Then headed across the otherside for whiting in the arvo and got the bag within a couple of hours.

Edited by Kairazy

Wow top 3 table fish imo right there.

Edited by KrayzieNeo

BUMPSKI!

Del and I are off to Arno Bay in December to chase the huge snapper with Big Ash! can't wait!

With the better weather coming (eventually) hopefully this thread will get kicking along again! Personally i have not even looked at my gear in 3mths. :(

Edited by Softy

Metro waters are cranking out some solid snapper on the right tides. Went out the other week and bagged a few 80cm ones along with dozens of other little ones. Only kept one myself though. No need to be greedy. Also hooked a 6 foot Bronzie after the snapper frenzy. Longest 2 hours of my life haha.

Yeah a heap of mates have been cleaning up. Mate got some beauty's only 200m from the O'sullys boat ramp a couple of weeks ago.

This big blow the past couple days should bring the snapper right in close again.

Me and jimmy are taking his new tinny Saturday morning. See how we go

Lets see how the tinny handles the open seas :D

We want to try for snapper Josh? I think we also need more bait as i have heaps of that old manky squid and a few pillies left only :( plus a full bonito lol

This big blow the past couple days should bring the snapper right in close again.

Me and jimmy are taking his new tinny Saturday morning. See how we go

Im thinking of heading out early tomorrow as well.

Where are you going to be fishing?

Heading to Salt Creek this weekend... weather looking MUCH better then the last trip there....

Hopefully the alvey will sing it's sweet tune!

Heading to Salt Creek this weekend... weather looking MUCH better then the last trip there....

Hopefully the alvey will sing it's sweet tune!

I was up there last weekend got 4 gummies and only one salmon cut it up for bait the gummies and mullys love it. Goodluck there was a fair amount of weed up there hope its cleared for you.

Edited by koukicam

I have had a couple of reasonable trips lately - nothing phoo worthy though.

Went out to the OH channel last saturday morning and picked up 4 ruggers between 42 - 50cm.

West to Wirinna yesterday and picked up half a dozen big snook, and a range of other fish, but no snapper.

Managed 1 U/S mully between us on the weekend.... :lol:

Very promising lol. Heading there on friday... If i don't get too wasted i might actually do some fishing

How did you go Rocky?

I just went down to Seacliff to catch up with a couple of mates and threw some plastics around while being ball deep... nice and refreshing! Cant wait for the YFW to move in!

Didn't do well, softy. We caught one small mulloway and the same crab twice between us lol. Got attacked by a massive swarm of bugs last night too.

Big thanks to Adam from the servo for lending me his gas cooker after i lost my gas hose, he's a top guy.

yfw should be soon I reckon, going through some previous years photo's etc. I started doing consistently well november 10th on wards, and with the recent hot weather the water temp should be shooting up to suit it too.

Nice fish

I went out to Wirrina yesterday.

Took a couple a guys out for snook. Didnt stay long as 1 of the guys were violently sea sick, but managed 12 snook around 70cm in 1/2 hours.

Poor Guy :D

He was just creating the berley, tell him to HTFU and stay out longer lol.

I made the gf stay out for 4 hours while she was being sea sick, not misisng fishing time for that weak sauce!