Sign in to follow this  
Kairazy

Softies SA Fishing Thread

Caught a nice little snook of Semaphore Friday.

monster snook, what did that measure?

He was just creating the berley, tell him to HTFU and stay out longer lol. I made the gf stay out for 4 hours while she was being sea sick, not misisng fishing time for that weak sauce!

Na. I felt so sorry for the guy, he looked like death, he was still sick for the rest of the day. Glad we were able to catch a good feed of fish though before we came in

Edited by Kairazy

My grandpa used to get so sea sick it would last for 5 days afterwards, yet it was his boat which was the first boat I ever went out in.

My old man wont come in for anyone who is seasick, I have a mate "svenny" who comes out with us a fair bit, I've seen him chucking his guts up while reeling a snapper in on many occasions it's rather funny

In Lincoln at the Moment, was suppose to be for weeks. Now coming back Friday and back here next year,

Anyone recommend some spots?

Guys in the fishing shop recon since fishing season was back on no ones really hit

Taken at Somerton this morning, dolphin or shark? Who knows. I didnt take this pic

399211_10151181615916309_1277818235_n.jpg

Went fishing out Murray point last night. Or shark alley

Back 3 good sized whiting. But man they were hard to get between the trumpeters ad Tommy's just nailing the line

You are asking for fishing spots in port Lincoln when you have my number and I live here... I could have told you where to go and probably would have liked an invite last night...... Shame on you haha

Heading over to Arno Bay tomorrow to do a snapper charter... can't bloody wait!

Weekend away was awesome... snapper galore on the Charter my biggest with 70 cm on a Lucanis, biggest of the day was Del's at 94cm on SP... fished the jetty at Pt Neill both nights.. fish and squid EVERYWHERE! Saturday night fished the rock at Black Point and there was a 30min window where the snapper went crazy and there was a few landed then they went off the bite. All in all a very succesfull fishing trip!!

Looking forward to trying to get away again soon.. or even get out metro to have a crack at the bigguns!

Untill then... some people have to much money!

http://www.wimp.com/boatramp/

Not much to report but got out this morning for the first YFW session for the summer... managed 3 in about an hours fishing biggest went 32cm. Good to get some runs on the board, things will only get better from here! Might have another crack tomorrow if the wind isn't to bad.

198527_10151138942875373_387598932_n.jpg

Had another crack this morning 2 @ 34cm threw a few under sized ones back. 34cm is the new PB so can't complain about that and it's only the beginning of the season.

Windy as f**k day on the port Lincoln wharf... Still bagged out on salmon :) and a decent sized Tommy

20130106_174746.jpg

Nice... one of the guys on my fishing forum was over there over new years... said the tommies where everywhere.. but didn't watch much else.

Windy as f**k day on the port Lincoln wharf... Still bagged out on salmon :) and a decent sized Tommy

Bastard! Take me haha.

Almost got spooled when something big grabbed my snapper on sunday, I won though.. Although it musn't have been too big or I would have only had half a fish left

540693_10151384329841056_1413076704_n.jpg

Got my pb snapper on sunday morning, didnt measure it but would would have been around 80cm.

For some reason I cant upload a pic, had this problem on ns for ages, anyone know why?

Edited by Kairazy

got a couple of thumpers on the weekend, one took a whole large 25cm+ tommie the other took a tiny scrape of squid mixed with a chunk of slimey mackrel which had been defrosted and refrozen a few times. Hooked at exactly the same time when we were 5 mins away from throwing in the towel as the action had died off (already had 9 ruggers and 1 probably mid 60's). Biggest went a smidge over 90cm.

601576_10151442789111056_333923596_n.jpg

Score in Thailand when I went

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I caught 11 and the biggest . But they cooked them up. So tasty

Heading to Port Vincent for easter with the boat,... gonna have a crack at anything that comes our way,

Really keen to try for some big reds at the orontes bank (got what I'm told are the co-ordinates) ,.. any other hot tips to try that way?

Went shopping today and brought a new lure.... Yo-zuri Adagio 105 Heavy... so sexy, salmon gonna smash the shit out of it hopefully!!! :lol: