Sign in to follow this  
mog_uk

Red light cameras

Hey ppl,

Just a quick q. Has Adelaide got red light cameras that sit ontop of traffic lights? Or do they all sit behind you as you drive through.

The intersection I'm wondering about is botanic rd/hackney rd/ dequelette trrc/north terrace. Just down from the hospital.

Also do they need signs where they are placed?

Thanks

-mog

pretty sure they are all the ones that sit behind the traffic lights. there is a camera just down from that intersection on the frome road/north terrace intersection

That's Correct ^

The ones ontop of the major intersections are just 'Traffic cameras' and are to control traffic during peak-hour etc.

I'm pretty sure that a massive hammer would fix the red light camera, just swing it hard enough okay!

wat tome3h said is corect, and yes they do need signage. saftey cams are for no reg ect butr think they can also do u for speeding

The intersection I'm wondering about is botanic rd/hackney rd/ dequelette trrc/north terrace. Just down from the hospital.

no speed cameras there, coulda been a security CCTV camera monitored by the police if it was above the traffic lights

wat tome3h said is corect, and yes they do need signage. saftey cams are for no reg ect butr think they can also do u for speeding

nope i always speed through those traffic cameras that sit ontop of the lights never been caught, but only speed when theres nobody on the roads :ph34r:

Going home from town in 50km zone after finishing work 3am tired went 60 through a speeding camera, noticed the flash slammed on the brakes by the time the second flash went off i was at 40km/ph never got done lucky me

I thought they didnt need to put signs up letting you know you went through a camera anymore. Or is that just for mobile cameras such as on cars?

nope i always speed through those traffic cameras that sit ontop of the lights never been caught, but only speed when theres nobody on the roads :ph34r:

Going home from town in 50km zone after finishing work 3am tired went 60 through a speeding camera, noticed the flash slammed on the brakes by the time the second flash went off i was at 40km/ph never got done lucky me

saftey cams look like speed cameras and have a sign saying saftey camera!!! wat ur talking about is a traffic cam which as said is for traffic reasons

I thought they didnt need to put signs up letting you know you went through a camera anymore. Or is that just for mobile cameras such as on cars?

Just for the mobile cameras. Heaps of the car speed cameras were getting vandalised and rocks/bricks thrown at them and the drivers were shtting them selves.

Just for the mobile cameras. Heaps of the car speed cameras were getting vandalised and rocks/bricks thrown at them and the drivers were shtting them selves.

No these things were not happening - they are just what we are led to believe.

This is so they can make more money