Sign in to follow this  
Glenno

3a Racing Pod Filter

Hey guys, i know there are heaps of individual threads with information on this pod filter but i couldnt find a thread based around this filter. so hopefully this will help me and others out.

Please leave any information on this pod filter, goods and bads and personal experiences :)

Cheers

apparently their the best out...i have it on my car and is fine do not get a oil one.

3a racing pod ftw

I still live by the Apexi power intake. It was the best when I started looming at intakes. Had it on 3 cars. Never looked back.

Looking*

I still live by the Apexi power intake. It was the best when I started looming at intakes. Had it on 3 cars. Never looked back.

Looking*

they start becoming restrictive on larger applications

I got one like a month ago and it's still sitting next to me in the box lol. Around $40 from ebay.

what is wrong with oil pods?

the oil filter will oil up your afm, clogging the filament and eventually stuffing it along with making the car drive like shit and stall.

Bang for your buck I'd say.

The test results for that 3A shootout are debatable tho.

I got mine delivered to my door from Dr. Drift . Not sure if he still sells them.

im surprised dr drift didnt sell you a cantalope with holes in it wrapped in a fishnet stocking, when i was last getting a tune he ripped out my catchcan and reinstalled a lipton ice tea bottle the cheap ass, but yeah... it was better lol.

Bang for your buck I'd say.

The test results for that 3A shootout are debatable tho.

I got mine delivered to my door from Dr. Drift . Not sure if he still sells them.

yeah still does got mine from him

too,

also sam is a awesome tuner and great guy

what is wrong with oil pods?

the oil filter will oil up your afm, clogging the filament and eventually stuffing it along with making the car drive like shit and stall.

shouldn't be a probplem if you're not running an afm though

and you got sensor instead

but how many people run afm-less ecu's like better haltechs or PFC D-jetro's.. a small percentage of the people on here even run an upgraded ecu for starters!

when you are paying upwards of $200 for a z32 afm why not spend a little more on a non oiled filter (or less?) that will not ruin the afm, and i seem to recall non oiled filters like apexi flow a fair bit better as well (dont hold me to that) results vary from indiviual testers as MANY doing these survey's and tests are carried out by PROMOTERS!

just like how all those tools run out and buy nulon oils because they saw sick video's on youtube about how it 'adds 45hp on direct comparative dyno shootouts!'....

but how many people run afm-less ecu's like better haltechs or PFC D-jetro's.. a small percentage of the people on here even run an upgraded ecu for starters!

when you are paying upwards of $200 for a z32 afm why not spend a little more on a non oiled filter (or less?) that will not ruin the afm, and i seem to recall non oiled filters like apexi flow a fair bit better as well (dont hold me to that) results vary from indiviual testers as MANY doing these survey's and tests are carried out by PROMOTERS!

just like how all those tools run out and buy nulon oils because they saw sick video's on youtube about how it 'adds 45hp on direct comparative dyno shootouts!'....

LoL to that last comment

but yeah, true that, everyone's cheap

jokes

well im one of the not many who runs a d-jetro ATM

will be upgrading to haltech very soon

i have 1 and it seems really good am very happy with it (CA DET)

good cheap pod for the budget drifter

Will this pod fit to my sr20det motor without the sr20-adapter that you can buy for $20 ?

i have just ordered the 3a racing pod with an adapter. will let you all know how it goes :)

i have just ordered the 3a racing pod with an adapter. will let you all know how it goes :)

where are you ordering it from

did you have a front mount intercooler and did it fit nicely with that? :)

i have just ordered the 3a racing pod with an adapter. will let you all know how it goes smile.gif

Dr Drift

price?

3A Pod Filter $25.00

Air Filter Adapter $19.00

You do the maths now, wasn't that hard to find they do have an online store, here's the link: http://www.drdrift.com.au/onlineshop/index.php?cPath=21_28_45

I myself am contemplating on getting a 3A Pod Filter or an Apexi Power Intake, let me know how the 3A Pod works for you, research shows it should be good.

Hope it helps,

Jase.

f**k thats cheap for the 3a, compared with apexi is prob round the 90+ mark inc adapter??

I bought a 3A filter from Dr.Drift, I didn't have any problems with it. Awesome value compared to other brands.

still not here :( hopefully tomorrow :)

3A Pod Filter $25.00

Air Filter Adapter $19.00

You do the maths now, wasn't that hard to find they do have an online store, here's the link: http://www.drdrift.c...?cPath=21_28_45

okai hero, just relax, much easier just asking and that is the point of a forum, to ask questions and gain info.. i kno he has an online store, was wondering what price glenno got it for