Sign in to follow this  
viet_pridez

Car finance

^ 9.99% on a personal loan is VERY low, good work :thumbsup:

Are you being sarcastic or...? Well going to see an adviser at saving&loans tomorrow and i'll decide then.

Good luck with that :thumbsup:

My mate got a personal loan for his Rexy. Borrowed 25k. His monthly repayments are 800 a month but about 400 dollars of it goes towards interest repayments. Ouch. I say be patient and save up.

save up for it mate. you'll never get your money back

savings & loans advisers don't work for you

My mate got a personal loan for his Rexy. Borrowed 25k. His monthly repayments are 800 a month but about 400 dollars of it goes towards interest repayments. Ouch. I say be patient and save up.

lol im not borrowing an arm and a leg. All I want is 5-10k margin nothing more but thanks for the advice guys and I know that avoiding a loan all together is the best option it's basically common sense. And remember I only need 5-10k as I have some money saved up as well.

borrowing money for a car is stupid, you will never get the money back.

Only take out a loan to buy a house!

agreed

dont forget the long term issues here too.

should you loose your job or something and cant pay your credit history will be shot before you've started,

making getting a house loan down the track significantly harder...

i'd make sure you've got someone whos able to lend you cash to repay, just incase....

Do not get a loan it is a bad idea, get a motor bike license and buy a posty bike, reg is like 120 a year and 5 litre of fuel will last u a week. Just don't get a loan it's a BURDEN.

You will not be able to get a car loan from any reputable bank for an 11 year old skyline.. At that, getting a car loan is a painful procedure and if you're making $500 a week, its even more difficult. If you are desperate, a personal loan is a lot easier to apply for but you are paying around 5% more.

Honestly, if the only thing stopping you asking your parents is pride then should just suck it up because any loan is a nightmare.

savings and loans gave me 6k for my s13...

loans arent bad. as long as our paying them off on time and budget for iinsurance and running cost. Who can honestly say they have saved up 15k for a car without mummy and daddy helping or uncle harry dying

savings and loans seems like the way to go. Will be giving them a call. How easy was it for you to get approved? Can i get the specs on how much you earn? how much on top did you end up paying?

from memory it was a personal loan with the car being the loan security.

bout 600 a week apprentice paying 150 a fortnight over 2 years for 6k plus loan fees. i was scared of loans but now i get to look at my sil everytime i go to the garage.

agreed

dont forget the long term issues here too.

should you loose your job or something and cant pay your credit history will be shot before you've started,

making getting a house loan down the track significantly harder...

i'd make sure you've got someone whos able to lend you cash to repay, just incase....

but if you can pay it off and its not hard you get credit history making the banks go all juicy and wet when you want a house loan ;)

Saving up is the best option....it all comes down to how bad u want th car....