Sign in to follow this  
Rolled Cambers

engagement ring

Ontopic:

as people have said in previous threads...

Buy her a zirconium and if she gets it evaluated then she's not worth it(materialistic bitch)

THIS ^

Oh I just had a thought!

Maybe you two could give each other a 'commitment' or 'promise' ring!!!!!!

A promise ring means that the two of you are committed to each other. It can signify that you have grown stronger as a couple!

+ you get to satisfy her materialistic desires for a ring, and make yourself feel like a big man by providing her this ring.

ITS A WIN WIN SITUATION!!!

I payed $13,000 on my engagement ring

had to get it custom made also which was a extra $500

Silver band with 5 spokes holding a 1.3k diamond.

wanted a old school "Cinderella" style ring which are normally 4 spoke but i liked 5 spoke better thus the custom involved.

and diamond was the 2nd best clarity stone they had, if i went with the 1st best it would have cost about $30,000 but you would have never noticed the difference unless you know what your looking for

I spent just under 2k on a ring. Could have spent more if I wanted to but instead i bought a house

Am I the only one that finds this style of writing really annoying? I think someone in some other thread you posted in noted this as well. By using enter at the end of each sentence, you split up bits of information that are actually linked together. It's like you are taking a long breath at the end of each sentence and..

it's..

really..

frustrating...

to....

read......

There is a HUGE difference. If you can't understand that, then I don't think you should be getting engaged.

As for people saying how they have never had a huge argument with their significant other, I find that impossible :P

Me and my girl fight about shit all the time and have always done so. We are just both really stubborn and argue about the most stupid stuff sometimes, but in the end its all good and we are very happy with each other. :thumb:

Agree with every point you make, champ.

1. That stupid spacing sh1ts me to tears and seems to be more and more abundant.

2. Living together is really important because it's what you will continue to do for the rest of your married lives. Holidaying or hanging out on weekends doesn't cut it as it's all fun and games. It's the unglamorous things like daily chores, preparing meals, paying bills, and getting ready for work each day that you will be doing for the rest of your lives.

3. Never had an argument? I'm married (happily) and arguments are part of life. It's unrealistic to avoid them or to be break up with someone because you have one.

At the end of the day it's your choice, but keep in mind that there's no rush and it isn't a situation where the love will 'dissolve' if you don't tie the knot soon. We went out for about 6 years (continuously) before marrying as we were young and wanted to coast along without any serious responsibilities, which is nice. I'm not saying that's the way you should do it but at least when I had a chance to move at my own pace and know what I was getting into. As anyone in the situation can tell you, marriage can be hard work and if you're not prepared for that then you'll increase the likelihood if it failing.

There might be a cultural reason for him/her needing to be engaged before living together.... My girlfriends father told me he would disown her if we moved out together :)

Bingo.

Oh I just had a thought!

Maybe you two could give each other a 'commitment' or 'promise' ring!!!!!!

A promise ring means that the two of you are committed to each other. It can signify that you have grown stronger as a couple!

+ you get to satisfy her materialistic desires for a ring, and make yourself feel like a big man by providing her this ring.

ITS A WIN WIN SITUATION!!!

Done that.

2k for something basic, 5k for something bigger, and anywhere in between

remember- colour, clarity, cut are all important, not just size(talking diamonds.)

cant go wrong with a princess cut solitare, half carat plus depending on the size of the hand it is going on.

Also look at wedding bands when choosing a ring, make sure you can find two rings that will suit well together, and maybe even note down the style of a wedding band you like, keep in mind wedding bands can be made to compliment the engagement ring.

some of the smaller jewlewers are better priced than the larger chains, and you get much better stones for your money. depends what you want.

edit: just read you havent lived together, i personally would only spend 2kish on the engagement ring, keep in mind it is easy to add a larger stone later to most basic designs, or you could get a nice wedding and eternity band at the wedding to set it all off...

but at the end of the day- SHE WILL MARRY YOU AND THE RELATIONSHIP WILL LAST BASED ON LOVE, TRUST AND COMMUNICATION, NOT HOW MUCH YOU SPENT ON A RING.

might be worth taking it to the next step from sitting outside her window every night and jacking off into some panties you stole from her room when she was out one day, and actually introducing yourself first before you ask her to marry you.

lol nisskid

to share my story so you know my background:

i moved in with my gf after 1.5 years and got engaged after 10 years with a $4690 ring. our wedding is next year in april and is costing almost $20k

this is why my car thread had not been updated lolz

2k for something basic, 5k for something bigger, and anywhere in between

remember- colour, clarity, cut are all important, not just size(talking diamonds.)

cant go wrong with a princess cut solitare, half carat plus depending on the size of the hand it is going on.

Also look at wedding bands when choosing a ring, make sure you can find two rings that will suit well together, and maybe even note down the style of a wedding band you like, keep in mind wedding bands can be made to compliment the engagement ring.

some of the smaller jewlewers are better priced than the larger chains, and you get much better stones for your money. depends what you want.

edit: just read you havent lived together, i personally would only spend 2kish on the engagement ring, keep in mind it is easy to add a larger stone later to most basic designs, or you could get a nice wedding and eternity band at the wedding to set it all off...

but at the end of the day- SHE WILL MARRY YOU AND THE RELATIONSHIP WILL LAST BASED ON LOVE, TRUST AND COMMUNICATION, NOT HOW MUCH YOU SPENT ON A RING.

Thanks Ryan.

Thats just the answer i needed. I have found a ring, ill post it up.

&

"THE RELATIONSHIP WILL LAST BASED ON LOVE, TRUST AND COMMUNICATION"

That is why we dont need to be living under the same roof.

You have clearly never lived with a woman other than your mother.

Living together is a whole 'nother board game my friend. I have many friends who have moved in with their partners and its ended very quickly from there.

Can you afford to blow 4k on a ring, i'm not talking just the cash, but overall.

You have clearly never lived with a woman other than your mother.

Living together is a whole 'nother board game my friend. I have many friends who have moved in with their partners and its ended very quickly from there.

Ive read this a hundred times already.

Dont need to read it again.

And its very different for each individual, or couple. You may f**k up living in the same house, does not mean i will.

I actually do listen to her problems, help her out, and keep her happy as much as i can, instead of keeping her locked up in the kitchen.

Now stop telling me i should live with her/it'll end when we live together.

Living together is my plan, f**king up is not.

Can you afford to blow 4k on a ring, i'm not talking just the cash, but overall.

Id have to give up alot of things, but yes in around just over a month, ill have the 4k.

Thats if i dont spend the money on going out, on the car, etc.

Its possible.

LOL, i'm married and have been living with my wife for the last 3 and a 1/2 years.

no f**king up here buddy.

if it comes with the napkins take it. if not then id reconsider

It's good to see he has as little clue on life as he does on cars..

being old enough and being smart enough or two very different things lad

Kinda like you being able to post huh :P .

exactly like that!

my mental age has no bearing on the things that i say!

honest.

Not sure how people can think your not ready...

The only advice I can give you is to find out which of your mates aunties are a manager/owner of a jewelry store and buy from them!!! They won't lie to you and chances are they might drop the price.

My brain still can't even comprehend the fail. Can I just ask how old you are? Because the way you write and what you say gives me the impression that you are about 17.

I guess if your girl needs something more than her commitment ring, then go ahead. You'll just learn from your mistake later on when it all goes to shit that's all.

If you do end up going through with it, I just hope you have more taste in rings than you do in cars.

crx002.jpg

I find it impressive that you keep on coming back having copped so much shit from every post u add..

Am I the only one that finds this style of writing really annoying? I think someone in some other thread you posted in noted this as well. By using enter at the end of each sentence, you split up bits of information that are actually linked together. It's like you are taking a long breath at the end of each sentence and..

it's..

really..

frustrating...

to....

read......

There is a HUGE difference. If you can't understand that, then I don't think you should be getting engaged.

As for people saying how they have never had a huge argument with their significant other, I find that impossible tongue.gif

Me and my girl fight about shit all the time and have always done so. We are just both really stubborn and argue about the most stupid stuff sometimes, but in the end its all good and we are very happy with each other. thumb.gif

3. Never had an argument? I'm married (happily) and arguments are part of life. It's unrealistic to avoid them or to be break up with someone because you have one.

Yeah I don't avoid them they just don't happen, some times one of us wake up on the wrong side of the bed a bit shitty but it never amounts to anything. I wouldnt break up if there was a fight, its just when theyre continuous and you can see you're not getting anyway, if you really have that many differences that you fight all the time then theres not much point you cant change who you are.

lolworthy thread!

1. you should know what sort of ring your future wife would like. how would any of us know what you should get her?

2. live with her, even if it's just housesitting for a while or something. the smallest things can tick you off :lol:

3. who gives two shits what you spend on a ring, it's from you to her. for instance some people LOVE to spend up big on jewellery, so they spend $10k+. others just aren't financially able and only have a grand or so. f**k everyone else, do what works for you. i'm the sort of person who likes to do things right the first time (the last thing i'd want is a nagging wife at 50 who gives me shit for "that tightass ring"), so from memory i think my wife's ring was about $6300ish.

4. you shouldn't get married

5. ????

6. profit

i dont know why i keep reading this thread, it just makes me angry.

Me too :(

pull down ur dacks, bend over, spread ur cheeks, and ask her to marry you. the ring is free, and you get a free prostate massage. win win.

^hahahahhahahahahhaha I just lost it when I read that.. fkn lol

mate, seriously?

don't get engaged before you move in together, thats probably the stupidest idea I've ever heard..

I was with a girl for 2 years on and off, same situation living with parents and everything kinda sucked, got my own house and she ended up moving in with me..

but long story short, she ended up being really shit to live with, not cleaning anything, refusing to do dishes, leaving every light on making my electricity bill huge, than refusing to pay any of it, ended up ruining everything, so seriously take the advice of the members, dont be as stupid as one of your threads and actually wait until you've lived together to get engaged..

Not sure how people can think your not ready...

The only advice I can give you is to find out which of your mates aunties are a manager/owner of a jewelry store and buy from them!!! They won't lie to you and chances are they might drop the price.

Yeah. I have a family friend who owns a jewelry place in coburg, might check it out. I dont want to go to bevilles or michael hill, their shit, and for 3 grand you get half ct with a shit band.