Sign in to follow this  
TN

Snow Season 2010

Anyone here planning going up this year? Me and a few guys from here planning to drive up to hotham on the 23rd of July.

Yeah Hotham here too...heading up with a few of us early July...got our place near the airport should be good fun.

Staying in Jindabyne with a choice between Shredbo and Perisher. Fingers crossed for a good snowfall this season.

id like to , but not this season unfortunately , gto a house to fix up and get ready to rent out ..

hothams good , howl ong are you staying up for and where are you staying

goin up to falls cant wait we do it every year :)

I hope you fall off!

im kinda tempted, but my board wont be back from jland til mid july, and chances are ill be doing the canada season 10/11

Last time I was up in Falls Creek I scored a concussion. Aha, been a little put off since then. Still, wouldn't mind heading back up there...

Might be a dumb question, but what would be an estimate price for accommodation and snow passes for a week or so? Don't need to stay anywhere fancy.

Dave I've been looking around and Escape Travel have a Jindabyne package leaving from Sydney or Canberra for 6 nights for $550. Ski pass, place to stay, 3 breakies included, party sat night. Fairly keen.

Also check out Sierra Snowboards, got some epic prices. I put together a package with a board, two jackets, two pants, thermo leggins, thermo top, goggles, two pairs of gloves, boots, bindings, two pairs of socks and stomp pad for under $1k USD. Free post for orders > $500 USD. Seriously considering going on that 6 night trip, damn keen to learn to board.

goin up to falls cant wait we do it every year :)

I hope you fall off!

shut up ellz!!! ur so mean hahahahaha

Living it up in Whistler at the moment. I'm riding bikes though - will definitely be hanging around for the snow (the glacier is open until August here though, but that just has "bad idea" written all over it LOL).

I'll be in Falls Creek in august... I go every year.

Dave I've been looking around and Escape Travel have a Jindabyne package leaving from Sydney or Canberra for 6 nights for $550. Ski pass, place to stay, 3 breakies included, party sat night. Fairly keen.

Also check out Sierra Snowboards, got some epic prices. I put together a package with a board, two jackets, two pants, thermo leggins, thermo top, goggles, two pairs of gloves, boots, bindings, two pairs of socks and stomp pad for under $1k USD. Free post for orders > $500 USD. Seriously considering going on that 6 night trip, damn keen to learn to board.

sierra a good, but there are a few brands such a burton etc which have issues being sent international (as to protect their local brand in that country)

it can be overcome however, you just need to use a forwarder like bongo us.

for the record i have used sierra before, good to deal with and very quick.

Living it up in Whistler at the moment. I'm riding bikes though - will definitely be hanging around for the snow (the glacier is open until August here though, but that just has "bad idea" written all over it LOL).

u know a bloke called DJ up there? takes photos, still waiting for his bike, works at the air dome etc

u know a bloke called DJ up there? takes photos, still waiting for his bike, works at the air dome etc

haha yeah i did a training course with him and alan hepburn. riders wayyyyyy better than me haha. there are so many aussies here.

ah yep haha, got a few mates over there atm, me and dj spent 5 months in japan before he went over there, i dont ride but really keen to meet up with him for the winter season.

ah yep haha, got a few mates over there atm, me and dj spent 5 months in japan before he went over there, i dont ride but really keen to meet up with him for the winter season.

small world hey. he was telling me about his gtr in japan.

i haven't been here during winter but it seems like the place to be. it's not even really into the full summer season yet and this place is kicking

yeh i cant wait to get over there

will be doing a weekend at falls in July and maybe again in August...then end of the year will be in Canada wherever vr4nut is :hypo:

i worked in perisher last season, was the most epic time ever. not getting back there this year tho unfortunately. Tracking down some contacts to do this years canada season for 2010/11. giggidy

Trying to get a group of mates to go to Falls but prob too late to book anything decent. If I don't end up going I'll try go to Japan or Canada at the end of the year.

Is it hard work to work in the snow? What exactly do you do, or whats available? Didn't you operate a ski lift in Japan Stewy?

Whats the money like?

yeh lifty, pay is shit, but free accommodation, food and lift pass.

Me and a mate are ordering some stuff from Sierra at the moment not sure what the total is up to at the moment but if we cant get past $500 people are welcome to join in our order to save on shipping..let me know if anyone is looking to order soon but haven't spent over $500 yet.

don't forget man thats USD, its gonna cost you more in AUD so don't get carried away or you hopes up. But still, $500 USD min.

so i ended up snapping a job in Mt Buller this year after all, is anyone heading to buller? i leave sunday, altho snowfall isnt that great over in buller yet

Looking good for snow this weekend and next week :humpleg:

Cant believe so many people hype Falls.

Hotham smokes it in every single way.

Yes ive been to both numerous times.

But yes, will be going this year.

Isn't falls creek also known as flat creek?

Is Hotham ski-in-ski-out though?