Sign in to follow this  
purplesil80

WHATS NEW WITH YOUR CAR ? ? #2

newest addition is a factory strut brace and yes it is real

Looks good Bev, really solid. I think some of the ones on the aftermarket are a little more superficial than functional where as that looks the goods. I have a Nismo for the rear of mine and a fairly generic one for the front, just got to keep an eye out for a matching front.

Bm50 on its way to give me some pedal back from the skyline 4 pot brakes

Got these sexy bits of gear in the mail today.

IMG_1922.jpg

Where'd you get those from mate?

Where'd you get those from mate?

Cheap score off Gumtree.

Pick up my rebuild forged up engine this arvo.... Ported head etc! Can't wait to get it in and down to the tuner!

S15 front lower control arms

Driftworks geomaster knuckles

Gktech rear camber arms

Racing seats

Argon for y tig to finally make up lots of brackets for things to fit properly.

1340347711357.jpg

yo whats happening?

long time no see!

actually i logged on to sell some bits but i cant get onto the sale section >_> whats wrong with the site?

seats are replica's. They are 1 piece fixed back so there is no chance of moving parts failing like those bride copies. Quality is spot on and they are $800 a pair compared to $3000+ for originals.

haters gonna hate

I think you'll find the reason why the genuine ones of that seat are so expensive is because they are designed to work in with a HANS device (neck restraint).

Yup and also the tests required for fia approval. Still nice seats and agree the fixed back copies are usually pretty good just a shame I don't fit in most of em ;)

If your looking for rails for an s13 there is a guy who makes really good rails in nz they are lower than any bride rail and decent quality. Will chase down the details if you want them most rails are 150 plus postage

Edited by Green_s13

Yup and also the tests required for fia approval. Still nice seats and agree the fixed back copies are usually pretty good just a shame I don't fit in most of em ;)

If your looking for rails for an s13 there is a guy who makes really good rails in nz they are lower than any bride rail and decent quality. Will chase down the details if you want them most rails are 150 plus postage

nah all good chris, not using rails. just going to reinforce the floor and then mount the seat straight to it without the ability to slide. its my only hope of fitting.

The seats look awesome Scott! :), Neil those coilovers are baller!

In other news, I replaced the broken box in my car... turns out the one that I put in has its own problems /sigh

I know the feeling Steve, I replaced my box and the one that went in was worse than the original.

Yeah, it's very frustrating aye.Now I'm tossing up weather to look for and gamble on another second hand box or try and find somewhere in Brisbane that can re-build my original box. I did a bit if ringing around this morning and no one seems to rebuild 6-speeds :(

sucks Steve :(

My alarm is f**ked on my car, sooo car isnt starting.. fml

Hi nutty, if u still having probs. send me a pm mate I can help u out.

sucks Steve :(

My alarm is f**ked on my car, sooo car isnt starting.. fml

My brakes arrived today so thought i'd put front and rear on the car.

2012-06-26 14.12.09.jpg

2012-06-26 14.16.41.jpg

2012-06-26 09.46.09.jpg

did this the other weekend..

My front pair of HSD TT's died a horrible agonizing death and I finally got around to pulling them out as it was basically springs in the front.. and the bouncing was shit and led to understeering... pulled them out and cleaned up a pair of Tien HA's that were in a mates shed and bashed those in till i can get around to getting a decent set of cusco's

coils.jpg

so in the process ended up lowing the car to eliminate the guard gap.. had a good 2-3 cm of gap :( now not much at all :)

silvie.jpg

Looks good did you get the rear lines sorted?

Nope not yet. I need a line like 330-360mm long. It's on the list. When I get brake pads i'll get stuck into it.

What have you got lined up in Japan Dean?

Car came back from cage fabricators yesterday.

2012-07-16 10.58.02.jpg

2012-07-16 10.57.10.jpg

well i reckon i've threatened to go to japan enough, now im putting my money where my mouth is. i will be starting off on a working holiday and going from there :)

once things are going, i might pick up a car there and even hit up the track if i get a moment! hello tsukuba?