Sign in to follow this  
D1 SPEC

TURBO UPGRADE

Google was effing useless so here goes.

Mate of mine has a exo X turbo spare because he upgraded his one. I can get it off him and throw it onto my s15 if it's a viable option with minimal fuss.

Ive been told it has a T3 flange and an wont fit on an s15 so if i go down that path i know ill have to either get a manifold or weld a T3 flange onto the stock SR manifold.

So the main questions are:

1. Does anyone know the model number?

2. Whats a rough size comparison to a t28bb (don't want to try shoehorn it in and have it millimeters away from the strut tower)

3. Is it internally gated or not?

should be a td05-16g i would just get a t28 to much of a headfuk for the same power..

should be a td05-16g i would just get a t28 to much of a headfuk for the same power..

lol im already running a stock t28bb

they are twin scroll, not T3 flanged. in basic terms, a TD05 :D internal gate.

fuggin awesome bit of gear

will need custom manifold and dump pipes, as well as custom intercooler and intake pipes.

modp_0908_09_o+august_2009_mod_gear+garrett_evo_x_turbo.jpg

only worth the f**king around if it is free really

Its basically the same as a T517Z turbo. Was thinking of using one of these a few years ago but decided it was too hard. From memory there is a problem with the position of the dump pipe and the turbo needs to be angled outward at the exhaust end. There's people on freshalloy who've done it with a custom manifold and H-TownDrifter on here has done it. I've asked for pictures but I don't think he's on here much.

http://www.freshalloy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130512&page=3

whoops. just realised (after reading the above thread) that the pic i put up is an earlyer model one :doh:

they are a mirror image of what i put up :blush:

whoops. just realised (after reading the above thread) that the pic i put up is an earlyer model one :doh:

oh you....

i think im going to pass on this...

oh you....

weak dude.

oh you....

weak dude.

well im looking at it like this:

ive been quoted for a high mount china TD06-20G installed with all pipes, dump and screamer, turbo lines, injectors, Z32 installed and tuned for under $5.5k so why dick around with this turbo when i can just go that direction which is easier?

you do realise a genuine greddy kit off yahoo is $4700? so cheaper through streeter brand new...

so it really wouldn't be a great deal more to go the real deal..

link me, never shopped on yahoo.

If it was me though I would just say meh to all and go T518z if I had to choose an upgrade over the T28bb. You seem to have the cash so why not? At least you know the cooler pipes and any low-mount manifold you get will fit. BTW I recommend Powertune manifold if you ever upgrade it, even low mount.

Of course the budget version is a GT2871R 52 trim 0.64 which is still decent for what you pay. In my eyes, the less head-hassles the better but there is nothing wrong with being unique if you're up for a challenge. A twin scroll T517z (equivalent being the Evo X turbo) would net a decent response. The T518z single scroll hit efficiency around 3700 RPM on a supporting modded SR20DET. T517z would be less and twin scroll...jizz. A super-repsonsive 230 rwkw (or not far off) I can imagine.

Just remember the motto - "Do it once, do it right". -_-

http://www.evo-tech.net/forums/showthread.php?t=253

found this interesting! remember this is at all 4 wheels too!

how much are you getting the turbo for?

the way i figure it...

turbo $???

twin scroll steampipe manifold: no more than $1200

custom dump pipe to cat: $500 MAX

intake and intercooler pipes: $200

braided lines: $200

Z32 and plug: $250

high flowed injectors: $360 http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=384034&st=0&p=5141130&fromsearch=1entry5141130

labour: 8?? hours @ $90 an hour: $720

tune: ??

so you are looking at about $3400 plus turbo and tune....

They are not the same as a T517Z.

The T517Z has a 17C compressor. The stock Evo X turbo has a 15xG compressor. It is smaller than t he Evo 9 turbo.

As Bling said they are an awesome bit of gear.

I received a very interesting PM and seems like i might be going down this road after all.

Discussions have started!

I had a hunt around and found these pics of Evo turbos on a CA18 and an SR20.

EVO TURBO ON CA18 4.JPG

EVO TURBO ON CA18 5.JPG

EVO TURBO ON CA18 7.JPG

EVO turbo on SR20 DENTSPORT EVO 1.JPG

EVO turbo on SR20 DENTSPORT EVO 2.JPG

EVO turbo on SR20 DENTSPORT EVO 6.JPG

I received a very interesting PM and seems like i might be going down this road after all.

spill the beans mofo

spill the beans mofo

well theres a forum member that is a fabricator (his work looks very good from the pics i was sent) and he is really keen on seeing what a standard evo X turbo can do to a nissan!

so the parts to be made: high mount manifold, custom dump pipe and cooler pipes

Turbo injection and the ray of hope are advanced for the approval of the men. It is signed for the use of the dissertation writing service for all chips of the RBT. It is signed for the molded tips for the generations in the show-off the product and advancement for the things.