Sign in to follow this  
M.Spec

Some Art

Just some of my stuff, The Time attack R32, RX-7 and Onevia were quickies, only about 2 maybe 3hrs. Others such as the 300C and Boosted VL took about 9hrs. S2000 about 7hrs

Enjoy, Comments/Criticism welcome :)

post-77625-12790706575099_thumb.jpg

post-77625-12790706743516_thumb.jpg

post-77625-12790706961123_thumb.jpg

post-77625-12790707092525_thumb.jpg

post-77625-12790707215344_thumb.jpg

post-77625-12790707341398_thumb.jpg

post-77625-12790707486299_thumb.jpg

post-77625-12790707582805_thumb.jpg

post-77625-12790707710706_thumb.jpg

They are really good mate.

How do you go about getting the proportions and perspective right?

Do you use some sort of grid or just a few lines?

Nice Work

Wow, awesome work. I wish I could draw half as good as that.

Also interested in how you do the proportions/perspective.

They look really cool. You spent 9 hours on a drawing wow!

youve got fair talentthumbsup.gif

They are really good mate.

How do you go about getting the proportions and perspective right?

Do you use some sort of grid or just a few lines?

Nice Work

Hey thanks,

For proportions I always start with the wheels, I draw them how far I think they are apart from each other, then I lightly draw the wheels on the other side as a guide and begin the front end from there (usually the lights). The hardest part is always the wheels so after that its basically draw it how it looks. Also always lightly sketch out the basic shape of the car before u do any permanent lines, just keep going over it until it looks right, and then rub out the incorrect lines.

Wow, awesome work. I wish I could draw half as good as that.

Also interested in how you do the proportions/perspective.

Thanks :D Been drawing since I was about 8 haha. as for proportions look up

They look really cool. You spent 9 hours on a drawing wow!

youve got fair talentthumbsup.gif

Hey thanks, and yeah lol I did a poster for my cousin of his Renault and that took about 20 all up It was A3 though and there were 2 cars on it. Obviously I dont do the drawing all at once lol, maybe 3-4hrs.

9 hours!!! dedication!! ill show you one of mine, took... 10 minuets, but of course the quality is far from yours

my pic2.jpg

very rough lol cbf spending 9 hours haha

9 hours!!! dedication!! ill show you one of mine, took... 10 minuets, but of course the quality is far from yours

post-68361-12794524712076_thumb.jpg

very rough lol cbf spending 9 hours haha

Nice, pretty good for 10mins man.. I have yet to draw an S14 =/ Lol yeah 9hrs Idk.. I just get caught up and dont even realise lol

Have you got any 180sx drawings?

Yeah got a couple, just need to scan them in. I have alot of characture type cars too if u guys are interested?

Edited by M.Spec

Yeah post up, ill post my 180sx pic that i drew for art class that i quit after 1 week xD i just wanted to learn shading, and lighting perspectives (lighting angles, light colour change etc) the first subject haha :D

Yeah post up, ill post my 180sx pic that i drew for art class that i quit after 1 week xD i just wanted to learn shading, and lighting perspectives (lighting angles, light colour change etc) the first subject haha :D

Ya post it up :), Lol I've got so many unfinished projects, just so hard to get in the mood sometimes =/

Some very nice stuff there...

Hey thanks :)

You in business drawing cars mate? i would definitely pay you to draw a caricature of my car

You in business drawing cars mate? i would definitely pay you to draw a caricature of my car

Occassionally I do commissions, I'm still in High school so I try to do them whenever I have any free time. But yeah if you would like a commissioned art just let me know :)

Found it! :D

Anyways, heres the pic, its not my original one, just seen a pic of it and thought it try and draw it, first attempt, worked out pretty well.

Btw i didnt color it lol, little brother did <_>

27072010040.jpg

Just some of my stuff, The Time attack R32, RX-7 and Onevia were quickies, only about 2 maybe 3hrs. Others such as the 300C and Boosted VL took about 9hrs. S2000 about 7hrs

Hey mate, i'm curious, how do you do the really cartoony looking one (first r32), do you copy directly from another drawn the same or from a photograph? How do you go about doing the shading in the rims? Any tips? I'd really love to try this style! :) At the moment I just do more realistic ones, this is the latest one I've been working on: (still need a bit more practising, but I'm happy with how it's going so far.)

2wclj4y.jpg

Hey mate, i'm curious, how do you do the really cartoony looking one (first r32), do you copy directly from another drawn the same or from a photograph? How do you go about doing the shading in the rims? Any tips? I'd really love to try this style! :) At the moment I just do more realistic ones, this is the latest one I've been working on: (still need a bit more practising, but I'm happy with how it's going so far.)

2wclj4y.jpg

Hey, very nice 34, love the realism. As for the toony pics, I draw it from a photo. Basically you just draw the outline of the car (including lights, body panels, wheels etc.) And then depending on how much detail you want, begin outlining the strong reflections. As for the wheels, Chome rims are usually easiest to draw in this style. If you want to draw chrome lips, just shade in the whole area except where the light would be reflecting. Sorry If I'm not explaining this well, might have to make a tutorial.

Found it! :D

Anyways, heres the pic, its not my original one, just seen a pic of it and thought it try and draw it, first attempt, worked out pretty well.

Btw i didnt color it lol, little brother did <_<

post-68361-12802210826163_thumb.jpg

Looks good man, deep dishhh :drool:

Hey, very nice 34, love the realism. As for the toony pics, I draw it from a photo. Basically you just draw the outline of the car (including lights, body panels, wheels etc.) And then depending on how much detail you want, begin outlining the strong reflections. As for the wheels, Chome rims are usually easiest to draw in this style. If you want to draw chrome lips, just shade in the whole area except where the light would be reflecting. Sorry If I'm not explaining this well, might have to make a tutorial.

Yes! Please make a tutorial. I sort of get what you mean but seeing how you do it step by step would make it a hell of a lot easier :)

God i wish i had skill lol...

Ive always wanted to be able to draw good lol will never happen..

Great stuff though.

very nice sketches champ, seeing where on the same subject

thought id post a few of mine back in the school days

their all free hand aswell

s13 - 20mins

r32gtr - 5mins

evo - 2 hours

r34 - 10 mins

honda - 1.5 hours

drawing1.JPG

drawing2.JPG

Lucia e marito0004.JPG