Sign in to follow this  
lil_sprinter

SIL80 Conversion

Hey guys, i'm looking to do a sil80 conversion soon and there's a few things I'm 100% sure about. I know that the the guards, bonnet and front bar fit straight on but what about the rest? the only thing I'm worried about is the wiring for the headlights/indicators etc. Is it an easy job or does it require an auto electrician. Anyone with any knowledge with this please help. Cheers

I havnt done it before mate, but it's pretty straight forward id imagine, just change couple wire around etc, like when the headlights pop up, obviously needs power from a switched supply ie- lowbeam etc. just have a play aroud mate, it cant be that hard.

Wont be till summer until i do mine but as for wires if they do need more length just solder them & tape up... 2 wires per bulb. ur head lights should plug into the headlights theres a 3 prong plug on the back of them that splits to 4 (2X2) for your high & low beams. you have if not then your missing the wiring bit. Bug eyes? wire the fog lights to the low beams if you want them or google search how to use your pop us relay.

Its an easy job!

the only IF-BUT-MAYBE is your headlights... MIGHT need an s13 light switch thingy thats inside you cabin by steering wheel (sorry major brain freeze moment right now) to run them if your low beams do turn off when you turn on high beams, but you worry about that after its done not before!

Wont be till summer until i do mine but as for wires if they do need more length just solder them & tape up... 2 wires per bulb. ur head lights should plug into the headlights theres a 3 prong plug on the back of them that splits to 4 (2X2) for your high & low beams. you have if not then your missing the wiring bit. Bug eyes? wire the fog lights to the low beams if you want them or google search how to use your pop us relay.

Its an easy job!

the only IF-BUT-MAYBE is your headlights... MIGHT need an s13 light switch thingy thats inside you cabin by steering wheel (sorry major brain freeze moment right now) to run them if your low beams do turn off when you turn on high beams, but you worry about that after its done not before!

Nah I got the one with the square headlight so don't think it has fog light.

I havnt done it before mate, but it's pretty straight forward id imagine, just change couple wire around etc, like when the headlights pop up, obviously needs power from a switched supply ie- lowbeam etc. just have a play aroud mate, it cant be that hard.

Yeh i might start on it this weekend, i'll see how it goes. Cheers

hey mate,

planning on doing a sil80 conversion soon as well,

if you don't mind, can you take pictures of the wiring that you do please as i'm having trouble finding one... :shades:

^^^ hieu s14 series 2 front conversion! would've did that if i didn't buy my car as a sil80 :whistle:

front ends

180sx > s13 = easy

s13 > 180sx = hard

Looks like this conversion is gonna be easy for me then.

hey mate,

planning on doing a sil80 conversion soon as well,

if you don't mind, can you take pictures of the wiring that you do please as i'm having trouble finding one... :shades:

Yeh no worries, i'll try get some photos up here for you.

One other thing that i'm kinda worried about is driving a car with 2 different colours around after the conversion. Would this attract cops?

^^^ anything attracts cops.

but there are many cars out there with different paint jobs lol.

Dunno about in Australia but in NZ the cops are real assh*les + dont even know the laws.... & enforce illegal laws.... But my cars silver with black patches the fronts white gel coat & black & silver & primer, the bonnets cut up & vent rivited on.... unpainted & they dont look twice becouse they know u have to have eaither big balls or a legal car to drive around in something like that.... Then again the 1 time i was breath tested i was asked how bad the crash was.

But it is legal & certed.

So im sure you'll be fine + you have the crash story to fall back on if harassed.

Hahaha pl4t you still got the sil80??? Haven't seen it in Awhile....

The sil80 conversion is for my mate... I'll prob get s15 instead...

Lilsprinter: thanks :)

front ends

180sx > s13 = easy

s13 > 180sx = hard

Looks like this conversion is gonna be easy for me then.

from memory the only mod i had to do was to cut the rubber part on the headlight plug

Dunno about in Australia but in NZ the cops are real assh*les + dont even know the laws.... & enforce illegal laws.... But my cars silver with black patches the fronts white gel coat & black & silver & primer, the bonnets cut up & vent rivited on.... unpainted & they dont look twice becouse they know u have to have eaither big balls or a legal car to drive around in something like that.... Then again the 1 time i was breath tested i was asked how bad the crash was.

But it is legal & certed.

So im sure you'll be fine + you have the crash story to fall back on if harassed.

Cops in sydney are assh*oles as well lol.

^^^ anything attracts cops.

but there are many cars out there with different paint jobs lol.

Yeh true but they might think that my car have been in a crash and pull me over. If they check under the bonnet then i'll get defected lol. So i'm having 2nd thought about this conversion now.

One other thing that i'm kinda worried about is driving a car with 2 different colours around after the conversion. Would this attract cops?

i drove around for 18months with a different coloured front end. no hassles.

the wiring is simple. if you want the fog lights to work seperate use the button that pops the headlights upthumbsup.gif

use a test light and you will be fine.

i drove around for 18months with a different coloured front end. no hassles.

the wiring is simple. if you want the fog lights to work seperate use the button that pops the headlights upthumbsup.gif

use a test light and you will be fine.

Thanks for that mate.

Bug eye fog light wiring in case any1 finds this in the search engine :quagmire:

No need for it anymore lol, the bloke that i was going to swap my front end with, crashed his car yesterday.

damm, same with mine sort of the guy with the s13 wide guards crashed: there screwed

Bug eye fog light wiring in case any1 finds this in the search engine :quagmire:

No need for it anymore lol, the bloke that i was going to swap my front end with, crashed his car yesterday.

damm, same with mine sort of the guy with the s13 wide guards crashed: there screwed

LOL yeah.

Conversion is a way of converting the one equation into another so that it becomes easier to understand and solve. In the meantime assignment help Perth gives you the converter to convert any equation.