Sign in to follow this  
R35GTR

R35 GTR Whats The Best Fuel Type

Whats The Best Fuel Type for the a R35 GTR

who's 98 oct is better quality fuel ? ? BP, Shell , Caltex, Mobile ect as they all come from different plants ?

I am using Optimax at the moment !

Edited by R35GTR

LOL I know its 98 Oct however BP, Shell , Caltex, Mobile ect come from different plants who's 98 oct is better quality fuel ? ?

or I could also go with the other guys feedback and get it on e85 LMAO

I generally stick to BP Ultimate 98 on my cars, as it seems to be the most consistent in quality.

PS. TO THE PEOPLE WHO POSTED DUMB REPLIES.

IF I SEE REGULAR DUMB REPLIES FROM YOU IN FUTURE YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE SITE.

I always use BP Ultimate or Caltex's if i'm in a bind.

I've always found my cars run poorly on Shell Optimax.

This is a poor judgement but I've found some BP 98 fuels to be different judging by the amount of KMs I get out of my tank.

One BP ive found I only get 320kms (I drive like a grandma, with about 2 squirts here and there, my main goal of driving is lows revs without coming onto boost)

another BP I get 420~kms out of my tank.

at another BP, I filled up my 20L jerry can for a a mate, the bowser said 22.7L! (even though it was sitting on the 20L line)

from this BP I've found I get around 350~370.

Ive done this test over the past 2 months. its been wet here in Adelaide for both those months.

Caltex 98 I've found gives me around 370kms.

Shell V powah gives me around 370kms.

* for a 180sx, modded, sr20 manual, its different for everyone but I've just found some BP fuel gets me further. I cant measure the knock levels either, but my car runs fine.*

Thats no good cause I am using Optimax at the moment ! I was thinking that was the best, I thought BP just get there normal 95 fuel and add stuff to get it to 98 but shell's fuel comes out of the refinery at 98 ?

AXTX I highly doubt you would get 100km distance variance based on fuel quality. Most of that would be down to how you drove it?

As for pump inaccuracy i swear some of them scam it like this as well - there have been a couple times i have had to put 78+ litres into my 70 litre tank skyline, and there is no way there is 8 extra litres in the neck / filler.

well thats the thing loz, done over 2 months on multiple tanks of the same fuel. It could be how I drove it on that tank but I did 2 tanks on that fuel and got the same result. (i noticed before that that particular station did give me less kms hence the reason I did this little result gathering.) Your car would use more fuel if there was a drop of octane?

anyways, basically what I'm saying is, try a few different fuels, try to have the same driving style... and find something that is better for your self.