Sign in to follow this  
A31Cefiro

The next skidpan day

no way theyd let 11 people instead on 10??cry.gif

Heheh nah :( you need to have pairs (two people at a time) and each pair is allotted 4 sessions of about 10 minutes. That way in an hour you have 50 minutes of cars and 10 minutes of buffer time to move cars around etc. The pice ($1200) is for the skidpan for 4 hours, so if we had 12 people we could do that, which would reduce the cost per person, but also the time on the skidpan (or so I would assume, this is just me making a guess and not an official statement on behalf of the organiser). They do it a couple of times a month, so you can get in on a public session (problem is they are usually booked out a month or so in advance).

It's worth coming along in case someone bails, but you'll probably know that a day or two before. At least it's in the afternoon, I was going to go to the CCG day, but left booking until the last minute (as I thought I wasn't going to be in ACT that weekend), so the organiser said to come along in case someone didn't make it, but their one started at 9am Sunday morning (only crazy people are awake then) so I didn't go and in the end everyone showed up.

Who is keen to meet up for lunch before hand then cruise to Sutton Rd?

wouldn't mind that. Would give me something to do before it all kicks off.

Who is keen to meet up for lunch before hand then cruise to Sutton Rd?

wouldn't mind that. Would give me something to do before it all kicks off.

Yeah, I'm probably in too.

Here are a couple of pictures from today. I've photoshopped up one of each of the cars except for stinkypoo's S15 (as it was on at the same time as me, or broken) and Maidens Sil80 (didn't get any shots of it and then it was broken :( )

I'll post up all the originals on my site a little later.

1 - DSC_0005- border-SMALL.jpg

1 - DSC_0066- border-SMALL.jpg

1 - DSC_0130- border-SMALL.jpg

1 - DSC_0147- border-SMALL.jpg

1 - DSC_0154- border-SMALL.jpg

1 - DSC_0181- border-SMALL.jpg

1 - DSC_0188- border-SMALL.jpg

1 - DSC_0240- border-SMALL.jpg

i didn't get any decent pics before I had to leave unfortunately

what happened to Eiji's and Maiden's cars? sad.gif

Mine split a water line. 2nd time it has happened, I'll post a pic later.

Some people think it's a S15, cos it's soo cool and drifts awesome :P.

Here are some pics I took (don't use Opera to view the pics, the colour comes through dull):

IMG_8985.jpg

IMG_8978.jpg

IMG_8970.jpg

IMG_8925.jpg

IMG_8922.jpg

IMG_8894.jpg

IMG_8888.jpg

IMG_8878.jpg

IMG_8877.jpg

IMG_8873.jpg

IMG_8849.jpg

IMG_8838.jpg

IMG_8835.jpg

IMG_8827.jpg

IMG_8814.jpg

IMG_8805.jpg

IMG_8803.jpg

IMG_8802.jpg

IMG_8783.jpg

IMG_8770.jpg

Love the pics!! And had such an awesome day out there too! Be at the next one for sure :)

Thanks for organising it Sol

AHAHA my mo is hilarious, i really should have taken a platic pistol. Thanks for the cool day guys look foward to catching up at the next one.

Nice pics guys, had a ball as always and ill be at the next one again. Anyone else get the feeling that the rain towards the end made the bigger turn into the hairpin easier to connect? I found that with the outer part wetter the car slid much smoother

Great pics... Looks like I was really trying to lean into the corners :S Love of the photo of me getting a warning for being too loud :whistle:

Great way to spend a sunday arvo, will be in for the next one for sure.

Thanks to Sol for organising it and glad you got a run or two in.

Agreed the difference between inner and outer surfaces decreased as the rain came down so it made it easier and smoother.

Whoever took those photo's did a great job of caputring moose's beautiful beard. but hey! it looked like alot fun, admittedly everywhere basically a skidpan on that day but still.

Thanks for posting those. There are some cool sequences in there. Also I didn't realise just how much it was raining when we were out there!

I didn't realise just how much it was raining when we were out there!

Yeah it was quite a wet day. When I first got there Dereck from Fifth Gear told me it was cancelled... too wet, lol.

One of the shoes I was wearing had a hole in it, I was so surprised my socks weren't drenched at the end, the bottoms of my pants were though, lol.