Sign in to follow this  
.::GABBA::.

S14/S15 Differences

I have been doing some reading and am trying to come up with a list of overall differences between the S14 and the S15 (apart from the obvious looks). There are some threads on this forum regarding the topic, but very few hit the nail on the head.

I'd like to know the differences, not only between the two SR20 engines, but LSD's, cams, injector sizes, transmission (5 speed vs 6 speed - is the 5 speed box really stronger), fuel pump, etc. Basically, mechanically, what are the major differences. The Wiki - Nissan Silvia website says:

"Japan saw a new version of the Silvia (S15) in 1999, now boasting 250 hp (184 kW) from its SR20DET engine, thanks to a ball-bearing turbocharger upgrade, as well as improved engine management."

As far as i know, the S14 was fitted with the larger T28, where has this additional power come from.

If anyone can shed some light into this, it would be appreciated.

(For the purpose of comparisons, take the 1999 or 2000 model S14)

jap spec has more agressive tune due to higher octane

aus only had 95ron availible at time of release

ADM S14 v ADM S15

Engines are the same

s14's are heavier

s15 have a better diff but dont last very long at the track with semis

s15 are slightly lowered

6speed s15 gearboxes poop 3rd gears when making over 260rwk (depending how you drive it)but gear ratios are for spirited driving.

s15 chassis are stiffer (more bracing)

Aside from that the only big diff between ADM and JDM s15's are:-

JDM s14 V JDM 15

s14's have a bigger side mount intercooler (ADM and JDM s15's run the same one)

Both turbos are the same, some s14's came with bb, s15's are all bb, bb is not what made the jdm s15 make 180kw at the fly

98octane is not sufficient for the 180kw tune jdm s15, will ping

I find that nothing comes close than an ADM s15 with log books, they are very easy to make power.

s15 has better braced rear lower control arms, rear cradle brace between the 2 rear mounts, boot floor brace, under floor brace under gearbox bellhousing, 12mm tierods vs the s14 14mm ones.

In every opinion, there are differences that are useful to acknowledge and get main steps. For this way, it will be helpful to grasp essay on time reviews that are on the best site for giving the knowledge about it.