Sign in to follow this  
Delta.

Transporting a car from interstate

Just wondering if you guys have brought a car over from interstate. Just really wondering who is good to use and roughly how much it would cost to bring over.

I contacted at least eight different companies about two weeks ago with regards to transporting a car. Some of the companies are the exact same, just trading as different names. Most of them vary in price, but I asked all of them to do a price match with the quotes I had already got from the others. Anyway, the cheapest company I came accross for my transport needs were:

http://www.auto-logistics.com.au/

You can also try Patrick Autocare and Move My Car at the following websites:

http://www.patrickautocare.com.au/

http://www.movemycar.com.au/

CEVA!!! i work for a freight company and they are cheaper then us! and go door to door if you want

Just for reference Auto-logistics were the cheapest from albury to adelaide at 577. Ceva were 754 door to door, or 650 door to depot. All the other quotes were 600+.

i just used patricks to get my most recent car over, went depo to depo, was also very quick and very easy it was about $300ish to do it form melbourne

Just for reference Auto-logistics were the cheapest from albury to adelaide at 577. Ceva were 754 door to door, or 650 door to depot. All the other quotes were 600+.

Yeah, told you Auto Logistics are the cheapest buddy. Did you talk to Craig? I assume that was quoted door to door? I'm getting a car from Canberra to Forster, NSW for $540 door to door. No one can beat that price. By the way, whoever posted CEVA is the cheapest is wrong; at least door to door, they're not.

Yeah, told you Auto Logistics are the cheapest buddy. Did you talk to Craig? I assume that was quoted door to door? I'm getting a car from Canberra to Forster, NSW for $540 door to door. No one can beat that price. By the way, whoever posted CEVA is the cheapest is wrong; at least door to door, they're not.

i posted it, there cheaper then general frieghters from metro to metro.

hijack time!

im looking at an alfa in NSW (im qld) from a dealer...

just fly over and drive it back

this is what i want to do, but wont the car be unregistered? what are options here

buy insurance before you pick up the car, and they can orginise a 3 day permit for you to drive back on.

hijack time!

this is what i want to do, but wont the car be unregistered? what are options here

You need to organise a UVP (Unregistered Vehicle Permit) with the RTA. The insurance policy on that is only thirdy party compulsory personal injury insurance. You might want to consider getting it on a car carrier, as it's insured etc. Less hassling around.

hijack time!

You need to organise a UVP (Unregistered Vehicle Permit) with the RTA. The insurance policy on that is only thirdy party compulsory personal injury insurance. You might want to consider getting it on a car carrier, as it's insured etc. Less hassling around.

ive driven 2 cars back from melb under permit.

both cars never had plates and one hadnt even been complied to aussie standards.

think it costs you about $50 for a week or so for permit.