Sign in to follow this  
Lisa Michelle

Any advice on who can tune an s14 with a power fc and not stuff it up?

If anyones had a particularly good experience having an s14 tuned running a power fc can you please point me in the right direction?

I know this question probably get asked alot, but i know opinions change and first impressions of places arent always as great as they seem, so any advice would really be appreciated rolleyes.gif

I've collected a decent list of people who are rubbish (both through feed back and personal experience) and i think id like to get it right this time.

were in NSW are you? that would have a big factor on who is available to you. if your in sydney, i recommend Unigroup Engineering.

IMO

Unigroup

Micks motorsports

CRD

Pulse Racing

Haven't dealt with all of them but heard good things

Unigroup did my tune

Micks is doing my forged rebuild soon ;)

Wow! Thanks for all the feedback.

I hadnt actually heard of some of those so ill give them a call.

.....although Pulse are one of my particularly bad experiences.

Thanks again everyone rolleyes.gif

Or you can go to 'hills motorsports' they good..

dont....

id go unigroup in giraween or MRC in castle hill.

where you located?

Im from the shire - But travel doesnt bother me too much if it means getting it done right.

Im sure there are lots of good people in NSW - Ive just only found the bad ones lol

Im learning quite quickly that they all swear that they are the best..... but all the ones so far have been ....well..... im not sure i'm allowed to say what i want to say on here. But its not good.

I feel quite ignorant all of a sudden, ive not heard of Unigroup or Hills Motor Sports.

Ive heard good things about Croydon; but i dont personally know anyone thats been there.

It seems really hard to differentiate between the places that are well known versus the places that are actually genuinely any good.

+1 for Unigroup, did my tune, great to deal with, honest and good results

well if you type in unigroup in the search option, im sure you will find several threads and i cant think of anyone who has been and had a bad review. I wouldnt go hills motorsport and my mate works there lol

Lol goodness, they must be particularly terrible then.

And yea, i had a bit of a look into unigroup today. Im surprised at the good feedback and recommendations and i hadnt even heard of them.

Seems like they have a few happy customers rolleyes.gif And they're good with power fc's?

Would you think its realistic for me to expect 250-265kw atw running 20psi or less?

A lot of places seem to think not. But i have 232 atm running 17psi. And im about to go poncams and bigger turbo...

Some people are telling me id need to run 30 pound but that doesnt sound right to me. For 30psi i should have totally nuts kinda power.

Unigroup will look after you quite well, they'll also make you go broke.

they're good at what they do

but they overcharge, way way too much

their profits have gone too far up their ass

what sort of setup do you currently have? All good to say you should have this power on this much boost, but you cant just keep raising the boost, if you want your engine to last.. If you want power without spending the world go RB. 20+ psi your talking a serious SR..

Would you think its realistic for me to expect 250-265kw atw running 20psi or less?

A lot of places seem to think not. But i have 232 atm running 17psi. And im about to go poncams and bigger turbo...

Some people are telling me id need to run 30 pound but that doesnt sound right to me. For 30psi i should have totally nuts kinda power.

depends on the setup

u could make 250kw with a GT3071 and standard cams

but to make 250 with a GT2871 ur going to max out at around 230 until u upgrade cams

yeah but when your car runs even smoother than it came from factory, its worth it... i got my car tuned there, and im happy. book in and be prepared to wait. i had to wait a month for mine to be tuned he is busy busy.

Another plug for unigroup. Use him many times back when I use to drive S15's and Skylines. Go down and have a chat with Yavuz, but dont expect him to get you a magic number. What you will walk away with is a car that starts and runs great, great on fuel economy, and great smooth power delivery, in other words, a very driveable car, almost as if it were a factory ECU.

When I sold my S15 on here, the guy picked it up from Sydney, drove home to the Gold Coast. Got hom on 1.5 tanks of 98 and the car had 6spd, 4.3 final drive and 1.2bar of boost so you also get good fuel economy :)

yeah but when your car runs even smoother than it came from factory, its worth it... i got my car tuned there, and im happy. book in and be prepared to wait. i had to wait a month for mine to be tuned he is busy busy.

No doubt that they know what their doing, you don't build such a good reputation for no reason... At the end of the day, i just think their final prices aren't justifiable

Another plug for unigroup. Use him many times back when I use to drive S15's and Skylines. Go down and have a chat with Yavuz, but dont expect him to get you a magic number. What you will walk away with is a car that starts and runs great, great on fuel economy, and great smooth power delivery, in other words, a very driveable car, almost as if it were a factory ECU.

When I sold my S15 on here, the guy picked it up from Sydney, drove home to the Gold Coast. Got hom on 1.5 tanks of 98 and the car had 6spd, 4.3 final drive and 1.2bar of boost so you also get good fuel economy :)

+ 1 for unigroup.

Fark man Unigroup prices aren't that bad regarding tuning etc.

I do admit their mechanical labour rates are not the cheapest but they are comparable with most good workshops out there

And their tuning services are not much different to other Sydney workshops

Example

Nistune fitted and tuned $1200

Powertune charge $1100 for the same work

Or you can go to 'hills motorsports' they good..

you forgot the "lol jks"

i wouldnt recommend them to anyone after they did some work on a previous car of mine - the dealerships choice not mine.

^^^ true

Do a search on a topic here called "going to court over an engine build"

Happy reading

Fark man Unigroup prices aren't that bad regarding tuning etc.

I do admit their mechanical labour rates are not the cheapest but they are comparable with most good workshops out there

And their tuning services are not much different to other Sydney workshops

Example

Nistune fitted and tuned $1200

Powertune charge $1100 for the same work

Before I got my power fc i was looking into NIStune couple of months back. Powertune quoted me the same amount $1100, but an additional $165 would be incurred if they were to tune an EBC as well

Oops - For the ppl talking about set up etc - Sorry, i sometimes forget that i know what im thinking but that not everyone else has a crystal ball tongue.gif

The motor will handle it fine. Im the kind that does the build to suport the power before the power mods - As opposed to "lets whack a massive turbo on this standard motor, run a heap of boost and see what happens".

Oh and Mr Wizard - As it turns out, not standard turbo. But dont exacty know what it is either.... *puzzled*

Also - i have 232atw as is.... and i know im not 100% sure what turbo is in the car right now, but i know its not a gt2871r. And im still on standard cams.

So with the poncams and the gt2871r i imagine i should get to 250 without a problem. Thats the plan anyway.

For anyone else who can remap their stock ecus, i highly recommened getting it tuned by toshi :)

Search sau for toshi!!