Sign in to follow this  
Guest s13r

NS - Trojan horse - WHAT THE GOSH?

My computer caught thinkpoint from the NS Trojan, completely crashed the f**ker. After a system restore I thought she was okay. Ba bow. Still full of Trojans. Restarted it after an antivirus run and cleanup. Ba bow. Still black screening. Did another system restore (which took it back further than last time) before bed last night. Haven't turned it back on yet but fingers crossed for the best.

Edit: you can post my maccas if you want Loz.

I personally think an email/PM should be sent out to every member regarding the malware and NS being blacklisted..

There has been numerous reports of crashes, infections and BSOD's all because of the malware hosted thru NS

Every time anyone mentions anything in Off Topic about the virus it just gets deleted/moved/merged, no one comes in this section, this is a major vulnerability to every member sponsor and visitor to the HT network.

I haven't had any issues as I have my comps and network security as tight as a nuns belt, but im sure not everyone is as anal as I am.

After yet another system restore I still have the Trojans.

This is gay.

Thanks NS.

I won't be coming back on the site until this is fixed and will be telling my mates to do the same. It's a joke this hasn't been fixed yet.

the hardest part is i have been trying to replicate the error and have had no suck luck on either of my pc's

(and i have avast/avg installed plus a bunch of different browsers with no luck)

.....hmmmm

we are trying to find a solution and i apologise for this

if yo are running avast or avg i dont understand how people would be getting infected?

(ps. an "alert" doesn't mean you are infected.)

ps. those warnings above about images in classifieds are incorrect, there is no malware in those images at all they were simply flagged by google for some reason... :S

Yeah i've pretty much got Ht.net opened all day in multiple browsers scrolling through every section, and i'm yet to get any sort of infection.

A week or so ago i got a malicious file warning, but my virus program (Nod32) blocked it straight away and i was able to continue.

At the beginning of the week i did get the google warnings whilst using Chrome, but my virus program didn't pick up anything when i used Firefox to browse.

What ever it is it must be sporadic, which probably explains why it is also hard to find.

I get them randomly, usually at the very front page of nissansilvia.com. Sometimes but very rarely when browsing other areas.

I only get it when I come in to the main page, if I just go direct to the forums it doesnt have a problem with it

Gay, i got my first lot this morning as well using Chrome, and hitting www.nissansilvia.com

I've taken a screen shot, I'll upload it if you think it will help

Yeah i've pretty much got Ht.net opened all day in multiple browsers scrolling through every section, and i'm yet to get any sort of infection.

A week or so ago i got a malicious file warning, but my virus program (Nod32) blocked it straight away and i was able to continue.

At the beginning of the week i did get the google warnings whilst using Chrome, but my virus program didn't pick up anything when i used Firefox to browse.

What ever it is it must be sporadic, which probably explains why it is also hard to find.

nothing from me so far, been using chrome. (only the google warning)

i did get something weird last night, but although i had ns open in other tabs and had been browsing them only minutes before, the anti-virus trojan came up while i was on another page at the time. it started scanning my comp but i shut it down pretty quickly, havent seen it since.

ah, the beauty of using a virtual machine. virus? reload from saved image

Ah, well that makes it ok then. VM or Linux definitely means this is a non-issue. :D

Can we please at least have a thread in OT? People need to know about this..

I concur. At minimum, an announcement should be made warning members that there is the possibility of infection and to browse at their own risk until it's sorted.

This happened to a Vbulletin forum I'm a moderator on. No matter how many times the admin found the infection and cleaned it, it kept coming back until he updated Vbulletin to the latest version so the actual security hole was plugged.

As much of a pain as it is, it might be the only fix for this one, too.

Umm, the issue is an error on the website so it is relevant to this section and was correctly posted here.

But the point is, Flying, that the majority of NS has no f**king idea about this security risk, and they should be alerted.

Just snatched this up, got it as I clicked on cars for sale on the Classifieds tab.

I a few people have also been warned whilst going into the classifieds.

Maybe something there to look at or something?

Anyways, Mozilla:

pain.png

Running Firefox with AVG protection, daily scans show nothing, but I get a warning page when I try to enter Latest Classifieds, Latest Wheels etc.

^Pretty much like that

Edited by Stoney93

clears cookies and temps,

says good bye for a little while

i use firefox and avg

go direct to the forums and have never had a prob.. well not that ive been told of . computer hasnt crashed yet so thats a good sign

sure the virus isnt kid d and rolled cambers f**king with the integrity of the site? :whistle::P

Umm, the issue is an error on the website so it is relevant to this section and was correctly posted here.

The issue is with the website Andrew correct!

Saying that it's an issue with the website and saying it belongs in this section is the same as saying anything Japanese related should be in the Japan section, which is 95% of NS.com.

I personally think this whole approach to this problem is a damp squib, and it's been shunted in here as no one would looks in here (compared to say General Cat Chat or OT)

Haven't had any warnings pop up for me.

Use Win 7 Ultimate x64 with Opera and Nod32 at home.

And Ubuntu 9 x64 with Opera at work.

My computer won't start up anymore, turn it on and just a blank screen???

Last thing I did before this... Checked the private parts for sale in sa :-(

My computer won't start up anymore, turn it on and just a blank screen???

Last thing I did before this... Checked the private parts for sale in sa :-(

Sounds VERY similar to what happened to me:

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=470888&st=0&p=6028309&hl=black%20screen&fromsearch=1entry6028309

To back up your important documents, task manager, file, run, browse, from here you should be able to see and copy all your documents etc. I put mine on a portable hard drive before the restore.

When your starting your computer repeatedly tap f8, do a system restore to a date as early as you can.

Bear in mind I still have trojans on my computer from this that I have to deal with, but it's usable in the mean time.

i get it every time i load a page on ns :(

Yea it's kind of like that but mine dosnt even get to the startup part, I press the power button, the lights come on and that's it, dead black screen :-(