Sign in to follow this  
scooby36

Option1Garage / Signature Performance OUTLAW Sil80 Racecar

What brake master do you run mate? Do you have bias valve? Thanks

hey mate, BM57 1+1/16th big mofo.

requires a lot of pedal pressure compared to other setups but i do like the height this leaves the pedal for heeltoe. (guess its kinda similar to maybe a non-boosted setup)

Also with the short travel of a bigger master, a 'long pedal' suffered under race heat is less long than if it was a small master... if that makes sense

no bias valve as i guess its just close-enough to spot on, with the slight tendancy to lock a front first :]

Edited by scooby36

haha nothings fallen off the racecar yet touchwood. drove through a whole race weekend at QR last year with cracked rear rotors which luckily didnt explode

will get turbo off this weekend sometime..

Lakeside tomorrow morning to have a pedal of Jarred the cainer's S14 for a bit of fun.

i am numb for poor Sean Edwards who died today at QR. + the brisbane driver who is critical in hospital. hate to think what he has to deal with when he wakes up.

i did some work on my car today

20131015_172348.jpg

i am numb for poor Sean Edwards who died today at QR. + the brisbane driver who is critical in hospital. hate to think what he has to deal with when he wakes up.

Fark, what happened?

Just googled it,..

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/race-driver-sean-edwards-killed-as-car-hits-wall-at-queensland-raceway-at-willowbank/story-fnihsrf2-1226740247873

Just shows how important safety should be above everything else.

RIP.

had a bit of fun at the gymkhana on the lakeside training track on sunday

was great to catch up with Harry, Glen, Todd, Ross and meet a few new peeps aswell

1397770_352563408213711_1954016867_o.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z2vV4HraI8

then... got the turbo for the racecar all back together, turns out the manifold face of the exh housing was way off flat, so took it to an engineering shop - Solo Tooling @ albion who sorted it out + removed the snapped stud. Thanks Option1 for the gaskets + help welding my cracked dump pipe etc

Got it all home, all excited and started putting it together and promptly stripped the f**king oil feed out of the block. ffs

luckily Danny from Prothreads was able to come the very next day and for an awesome price fixed it up for me.

1378648_10151833700716107_215582716_n.jpg

got it all back together today, then go to turn the key and my f**king 044 fuel pump appears to be DOA. ordered a new one from ebay ffs, it was only new too fuxake

lolz slowly getting there, 2 weeks till the next meet @ QR

Edited by scooby36

Outlaws Round 8 wrap - QR

Friday quote- "Thoughts are with my mate Michael from Signature Performance who had a pretty big hit into the turn6 wall today. speedy recovery mate, get back out here next year.

My car ran well in practice, power felt great, turbo issues sorted. ran a 21.8 with crap tyres and hope to stay strong for all 5 races over the weekend.

Thanks so much to Greg and Darren for giving me the opportunity have a pedal of the Grove Juice Racing #44 OzTruck today. Was an absolutely surreal experience and a definite bucket-list experience for the direction I want to head with racing. Got comfy in the cockpit which is all business, fired up and found out that these monsters do not like to chug slowly through the pits, hate clutch slip and are really hard to drive at pit-safe speeds, lurching back and forth pretty violently. Once out of the pits I was able to get a feel for it. Power was excellent, a big mountain of torque from low RPM, gearbox was just incredible, ultra obedient dogbox that was happy to clunk up or down without too much fuss with a nice blip and brush of the clutch out of habit. Brakes took some getting used to being non-boosted and i was not stomping hard enough to get a comfortable feeling of retardation like i do in the nissan, so was a bit unnerving. Steering had excellent weight and feel but required a mix of strength and finesse to ask the monster nicely on direction change + I was a bit innacurate. Overall a pretty overwhelming experience to step out of the comfort of my nissan that I know so well into a proper racecar right now I really kindof want to spend approx 6hrs doing 5 lap sessions to get comfortable and start learning how to drive properly however... the championship needs to be fought tomorrow so bring it on."

Saturday - car ran well, qualified P3 with a PB 1:18.37, finished 5th and 4th in the races.

Crap luck for Sam after just a few laps of qual, motor shat its pants snapping the timing chain :

Sunday wrap - Car ran well, jagged a 3rd in race3 on clubman after some faster guys had issues, thankfully my brakes behaved. Heat slowed the car down in race 4 and then race 5 ended in a stinky mess. Thanks heaps Option 1 Garage / Full Lock Motorsport and Signature Performance & Mechanical and all my awesome crew that helped all weekend, especially Dad who despite being in pain with a sore leg went on a rush mission back to my place thismorning to get parts for me

Cool to catch up with Nick, Todd, Royzie, Neil_se :D

Qrdc_Round_6___Sat_02___Sun_03_Nov_2013___Neil_se_9540708.jpg

1404922_540201549405429_123906354_o.jpg

arrived on sunday morning to find a puddle of brake fluid from the LR caliper. sheeeit, sent dad on a mission back home, but ran out of time and had to race, very carefully, luckily when it got hot it sealed up alright and continued to be fine all day, only weeping when it cooled off.

1441366_10151861373201107_2119831241_n.jpg

diff exploding

995539_616621461717250_595417116_n.jpg

RACQ got me home for the second time this year

1452537_10151862178061107_1661287370_n.jpg

Edited by scooby36

Hey Call! - Was in @ Option 1 yesterday getting my diff - Saw your car in with half it's heart missing! When will it be up and running again.

PM me your name so I can find ya (FB blocked at work lol)

Sign in to follow this