Sign in to follow this  
scooby36

Option1Garage / Signature Performance OUTLAW Sil80 Racecar

That is just great! Seems you have better cornering speed but they are quicker on the straights.

Love how the mobile phone sits in the steering wheel!

Not sure if I missed it but what are the 'rules' for that class of racing?

cheers mate :]

yess the phone gives me a couple of green or red splits around the track. i like it

yea a bit more HP would be nice, i'm going to try and squeeze some out without hurting reliability.

rules.. its pretty open, run what you brung.

we fit into the muscle division mixed in with v8s etc for irace, or 'qr sports' with QR

3 rounds at eastern creek this year with http://irace.net.au/

Edited by scooby36

been a while,

back for the 2012 season, started out with a wet test at QR, great learning experience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYQAJm8ZSqk

then saturday just past, returned to lakeside for a ruzic time attack day

post-26196-1328417863173161990.jpgpost-10-1328351441264740583.jpg

post-10-1328351446444218372.jpg

Car's balance was not so great after going to stiffer springs, lacked confidence in the rear end. Best of 58.4, miles off the pace :

Will make some changes to try and correct for next time.

Edited by scooby36

Been following your topic for a while now, very impressed with your setup especially for a mild 'time attack' S13 Gives us other S13 owners hope of taming the drift S13 platform and getting good times on track.

thanks heaps mate ^ :]

good day today at the first round of topgear racing at lakeside

432313_10150804421644782_746854781_12560832_1343758758_n.jpg

Sweet pic thanks Justin W^

Got a win in race 1, Sam kept the pressure on me the whole race distance on his debut in the yellow silvia.. so cool to have another one to race with !

..camera didnt record but not to worry. Lap times slow, tyres are pretty much gonneee

view from sam's car chasing me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUQNgUbAzQc

video of race2 and 3... sam was mega unlucky to be pinged for the safety issue of having his window down. spoiling his sure-thing first win. effing cruel officials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84GwH7OnBf4

awesome pic set from steve duncan! :

399923_3378786830822_1303924662_33588582_297158766_n.jpg

423284_3378789470888_1303924662_33588587_180317645_n.jpg

421573_3378790350910_1303924662_33588588_419408262_n.jpg

420823_3378790710919_1303924662_33588589_1102583301_n.jpg

car starting to lose power, left the door open at bridge, mark had more speed than i expected in the commo.... sticks the nose in and gets it done

race 3 video from Matts perspective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLRtb3zs1_8

Edited by scooby36

Awesome weekend at QRDC, great fun and awesome racing. came 2nd overall, pretty happy.

Thanks again to my pitcrew, dad and Peterfinnthekiwi ! and Alan from Z car workshop for the badass tyres!

Marty from STZ for fixing all my dodgies, car didnt miss a beat all weekend. (max water temp 90deg yay)

Also thanks to my power steering line and diff for not exploding on track, both look like they are about to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYBMQ04h6sk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOeZV0_XcXo

Edited by scooby36

damn u callum! you're fast and i'll never be as fast as u.

aaaaaages ago at qgl you gave me a copy of rallisport challenge which had all your lap times and replays. for some reason i got really into this game. i remember i tried so hard to beat your times. there were some i could just never beat even after trying for months. it infuriated me. the ghost replays showed you were just incredibly consistent and precise. that's how i still remember the name scooby. burnt into my brain as the undefeatable opponent. well at least i think you're the same scooby

hell yea mikk! rallisport was awesome, i got pretty hardcore into nerding the hotlaps and had a couple of world records for a while there, awesome fun.

yes you could be as fast! many hours on simracing + reading lots of books on driving technique over the years are whats done it for me.

still bummed i couldnt get your car's AC to cool, did you have any luck getting it sorted?

went to hardtuned trackday norwell for anzac day yesterday, took out the win overall vs a porsche gt3 rsr on slicks. pretty happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCmblwBOJ08

Edited by scooby36

Great work, living the dream for most of the guys who track their S series!

That orange Commy would be a shed load faster if he hit the racing line more than once or twice a lap! haha. Must be so frustrating to dice with since you are ultimately lapping at a similar pace - you dont know where he is going to be on the track at any time making overtaking a real gamble.

It was nice to meet you yesterday again Callum, to take out fastest time for the day when circuit experience was eliminated (being that almost no one had driven there before) shows how well your car is set up and more importantly how well you drive!

cheers dollar! haha mark in the commo is a bit of a loose cannon, has lots of real race experience from back in the day. awesome to have him in the series with us.

yea good to meet ya Neil ! thanks mate ! be good to see you at more regular sprint days. Careful with that rear wing, i'd be taking it off or taking nearly all the angle out of it as it will really upset the balance without front aero to match it.

this video explains it well

Edited by scooby36

Great to see your going well.

Are you planning to use those wheels?

yea good to meet ya Neil ! thanks mate ! be good to see you at more regular sprint days. Careful with that rear wing, i'd be taking it off or taking nearly all the angle out of it as it will really upset the balance without front aero to match it.

this video explains it well

It's interesting you say that, I actually had the wing flat until after the second session because I was struggling with rear end traction so I thought it was worth a try (I've only had it flat since it was installed awaiting front aero). A front splitter/undertray is high on my priority list, I was a little concerned with getting enough rear grip to keep up with the 255s and aero. I guess that comes to suspension set up then, I had planned on softening the rear swaybar to reduce oversteer before Oakey Sprints, I admit I'm a complete novice though :unsure:

Will watch that video when I get a chance, I'm 1/3 through Skip Barber's too :)

it was good to see this dominate the other day, ill have to get to some more sprints soon, im keen to have a chat to you about setting up the car.

:D yea SRS theyre on the car for the street now. perfect low-fuss wheels that dont attract the popo. dont have a pic ATM, will get one sometime :]

ooyea neil... hmm norwell is a slow track, only 2 aero corners, so low speed oversteer can only be cured by changing mechanical balance or taking it easy with your right foot or grabbing 3rd instead of spinning 2nd.

so yes soften rear ARB, > stiffen front > dampers front 10clicks , rear 0.

hellyea case shoot questions at me :]

Good weekend at Lakeside for Round 2 of the QRDC.

Saturday all went smoothly - then Sunday was a bit more interesting- the IPRA boys went out first and were absolutely flying, Jason Clements blitzed the lap record with a 56.3 and Troy Capalaba Midas smashed his PB by more than a second down to 57.3. So we were pumped to go fast.

Then a few classes inbetween included formula vee, one of which went pop on the last lap and left a massive oildown from the kink around to pit entry. so much for the fast track. grr. So that made Sports and Sedans race 3 interesting, tiptoeing around the oil instead of setting lap records.

IPRA went out again and on the start Skillenders commodore got the jump on Jasons M3, then in the final turn looks like Jason clipped the inside kerb (iv done this before), stepped sideways, slight overcorrection, onto the grass on the outside and was dragged into the tyres to a dead stop from about 130kays. sickening hit but thankfully he got out OK. (pic http://www.boostnetw...21176585617.jpg

Then race4 for sports and sedans got to lap 3 then Dwayne pushing hard out front had a spin going up the hill of hungry and went off at what looked like high speed, officials immediately red flagged the race as it looked like it was going to be a hell of a hit. Dwayne then reappeared and drove back onto track with only minor scrapes. This caused a bit of an upset with the drivers who said there shouldv been a clampdown and the race could have resumed.

Guess Dwayne mustv just done a great job of arresting the cars speed to avoid what couldv been a big one. Grateful that the officials take our safety as the no.1 priority. Great weekend overall

Results - 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, win

post-10-1338178683349127089.jpg

post-10-133817860950689897.jpg

onboard from race 3 after the big oildown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJMLNFAdNBA

223978_370400196356986_265137493_n.jpg

great pic thanks to Fifotos.^

and Ross Ponting below

IMG_9297.jpg

Edited by scooby36

I love reading this thread. You commented on the angle of the rear wing earlier, just wanted to add that because the air on the boot is flowing on a downward angle (coming off the roof) if you want minimum drag/downforce you should have your wing angled slightly upwards. Obviously if the wing is higher it will get "cleaner" air so the air wont be travelling on such an angle. Pretty sure you already knew that, but I know it was news to me when I heard it a couple of weeks ago.

Geeze you were all over the back of that Evo, the only area where you lacked was on the main straight. Have you considered E85?

e85 you say :]

so i'd need .. a bigger pump, injectors and a tune? (currently have 740cc)

and fill up more often from limited servo's ... but the fuel is cheaper

summer vs winter blends?

and what kind of power increase could i expect :] making 270hp right now on 98, nice and rich and safe

Edited by scooby36

I haven't done it myself because there's no servos up here with it (and performance shops want $3/L out of the barrel), if I was in Brisbane I'd seriously consider it since it's not a daily driver so a tank of fuel lasts a few weeks. I don't have all the answers but my understanding is that with your mods you'd be limited by the turbo to around 240rwkw at similar boost with more detonation prevention; the 740cc's, Walbro and retuned Nistune will handle that power. I believe that the winter mix just means that it'll run richer.

Anyway, it's not like power is holding you back but it might be worth looking into if your current hardware will support it with a retune. It'd probably be more beneficial on my car because I could comfortably run more boost and gain 40-50rwkw with the same mods and retune. I don't want to have to refill at Goodna (nearest E85 to me) every time though (or I'll need to take a heap of jetty cans in my ute).

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=494533

Ah bugger, I think I've just talked myself into getting an E85 tune. I guess any track I drive to I either need to go past Ipswich or Warwick which both have E85.

Great driving Cal. Now I know how they keep the grass short at Lakeside, Any suggestions on where to get the ferodo's for a cheaper price?

post-10-1328351446444218372.jpg

just out of curiosity do you know you went compared to the fd in the picture above? i went for a ride in it at wakefield and its a very fast car

love the car man it good to see an s chassis being used for something apart from drifting

Callum Whatmore Black Sil80 2WD 0:58.37

Steven Lee-Jones Red RX-7 S6 2WD 1:00.78

had him covered on that day. Ran a best of 57.0 on the weekend also. was braking like a nanna it turns out, getting some pad knockoff which took away my confidence in the pedal.

also switched to non-slotted rotors

interesting neil that you reckon my current hardware will handle it ! got me tempted.

Be cool if you could flick a switch and run the car on 98 around town then flick it and go to the e85 tune for racing

ooyes jase, 'street to track' sponsor on boostcruising gets em for me and jarred at awesome prices. we usually combine to get a better price on shipping, let us know if youre in next time.

Edited by scooby36

I need rears, but soon. What sort of money are we paying per litre for e85 in brisbane?

You can get dual maps for E85/BP98, but the cost of the ecu (Haltech?) and tuning would be more expensive than it's worth. How many street kms do you do?

nah fook it, will save my pennies for the day it goes pop and then spend money making it go harder. no point when im already up the pointy end of the field atm

Nice thread man I've been watching your youtube vids for ages now. Some awesome battles especially with other more powerful cars you can out drive under brakes and in corners. Very entertaining keep it up! =)

Sign in to follow this