Sign in to follow this  
Higas

Police utes, why?

Anyway, i was in erindale the other day (ew erindale), and i kinda saw a police ute. It had the silly racing flag and everything, can someone explain to me why exactly they need police utes? I mean it's not like they'll be able to haul crims away in it or anything, i don't get it.

Like when i get charged 80 dollars for a parking ticket, is that what it's going towards?

Why not? They're less noticeable to the general public, and can catch more people doing the wrong thing. Don't do anything wrong, and they won't hassle you. They will just do the callout for a police wagon, etc, if they really need to lock anyone up. Don't complain.

they just ring up tow trucks to tow bikes hd mine and a mates bike inpounded and they rang for 2 two trucks fn di*k heads

so dont no why they would want a ute

Why not? They're less noticeable to the general public, and can catch more people doing the wrong thing. Don't do anything wrong, and they won't hassle you. They will just do the callout for a police wagon, etc, if they really need to lock anyone up. Don't complain.

Well, the giant sign on the side saying POLICE with the huge racing flag underlay was pretty noticable, gotta say.

I didn't do anything and i wasn't hassled, that doesn't mean that i can't say that it's completely pointless, because just like their spending money on harley davidsons it absolutely is.

If anything it's probably to create a bit of presence on the street like the other highly visible and obvious highway cars, etc in bright green or blue.

To carry more donuts...smile.gif I guess the point is hi-vis policing and that fact we are talking about it probally suggests it works.

Anyway, i was in erindale the other day (ew erindale), and i kinda saw a police ute. It had the silly racing flag and everything, can someone explain to me why exactly they need police utes? I mean it's not like they'll be able to haul crims away in it or anything, i don't get it.

Like when i get charged 80 dollars for a parking ticket, is that what it's going towards?

operation shock and aaaaaawwwwwwww shhiiiiiiiettttttt

havnt seen any marked utes only undercover ones. and any VE with plates "GOTCHA" or "GOT YA" are undercovers.

Hehhehe now ur all gunna think I am a cop.... Muhahahahaha

Today I saw a black 07 wrx that looks standard with "roof racks" as lights but closer look all panels on the car were corbon fibre

Today I saw a black 07 wrx that looks standard with "roof racks" as lights but closer look all panels on the car were corbon fibre

What?

i think you mean black paint, there is no full carbon wrx police car in the act :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We wouldn't stand a chance if there was a carbon Rex... It's hard enuf spotting bikes, vans, copcars... Let alone all the sneaky Barinas apparently round the place...

I just woke up and there's spew everywhere, I can't find my shirt and there's a wrx

I just woke up and there's spew everywhere, I can't find my shirt and there's a wrx outside with full carbon fobor bro, not enough carbon fibor karbon

I just woke up and there's spew everywhere, I can't find my shirt and there's a wrx

I just woke up and there's spew everywhere, I can't find my shirt and there's a wrx outside with full carbon fobor bro, not enough carbon fibor karbon

Ahhh What?

Get off the drugs!

hahaha nah scotty more like stay on em

DOOF DOOF DOOF DOOF DOOF DOOF DOOF DOOF!

:drool::silly::hypo:

easy solution for this.... dont be a tool in your car and u wont have any problems :Drugs:

this might be a foreign field of thought for some of you, but if u dont have a stupidly loud exhaust, your ride height isn't lower than your pants and u dont try and race every car u see, u wont have an issue...

how bout that u whinging bitches :thumb:

easy solution for this.... dont be a tool in your car and u wont have any problems Drugs_0541.gif

this might be a foreign field of thought for some of you, but if u dont have a stupidly loud exhaust, your ride height isn't lower than your pants and u dont try and race every car u see, u wont have an issue...

how bout that u whinging bitches thumb.gif

+1 to that. Basically what I said at the beginning of this thread about not doing anything wrong, and you won't have anything to worry about.

Yeah, apparently reading and processing simple text written in english is hard for some of you? The topic had nothing to do with being harrassed by policemen, but the reasoning behind the usage of utes for law enforcement.

Being a 'whinging bitch' is probably better than being illiterate i'd say.

Derpderpderpderrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

You weren't whinging so why would u assume i was talking to you?

as for using utes, why not? coppers gots to move house too.

as for using utes, why not? coppers gots to move house too.

Yeah, as people have said it's mostly about making a presence. They have like 1 or two purple sedans two. I saw two green highway patrol cars the other day. The highway patrol ones scare the hell out of me. It's not that I do anything wrong, I'm just paranoid. In Vic the highway patrol guys are usually jerks (mainly cause they had to put up with stupid people doing stupid stuff all day long I guess) and they will pull over and defect people for very little reason (a have a relative who's a cop and he said that the highway patrol guys even pull over other cops). In vic they used to have a Z3 cop car, but it was mainly used a show car.

Most of the high profile police cars are donated by the manufacturers so they don't cost anything.

If it's the purple one ( I think there is only one? Maybe 2?) I remember hearing somewhere that it has the Rapid detection stuff in it that checks regos automatically or something.

As for why a ute?

Obviously so they can take the wife to church on Sunday and the sheep to market on Monday.

Obviously so they can take the wife to church on Sunday and the sheep to market on Monday.

bahahahahahahahaha I can't stop laughing