sharkey

The Heavy Music Thread

Did anyone see Periphery?

Wow. If you can watch them at soundwave you should do that.

Might give tool a miss this year. $140 is a bit cheesy. I might still change my mind but I think it's a bit rich.

Won't be seeing Periphery tomorrow, their set is at the same time as Tomahawk & Kyuss Lives on stages 1A & 1B. I'm not that into them really so it's not a big deal but if there was nothing else on I'd check them out given the chance.

^ Read that today, awesome news.

I saw Kingdom of Sorrow at Soundwave on Saturday, wow they were shit. Jamey Jasta's hardcore vocal style doesn't work with a more groove metal sound at all.

Just got back from seeing The Mark Of Cain for the first gig of their tour for their new album Songs of the Third & Fifth. f**k me it was good to be back home and see these guys killing it once again. I'm going to be deaf for weeks, loudest and tightest gig I've been to in a long time. Their cds don't do them justice, loud and heavy like nothing else.

Reminds me of calculating infinity

Tool just postponed their Adelaide gig until tomorrow night on account of Maynard being sick. Too much sampling the Barrossa wines today me thinks :)

Lol, I heard he's doing wine sampling at the shows too. Turns out a chick I used to work with offered me a cheap ticket so I hope he's good for Friday.

Was reading a few comments on sites about it, one Adelaide ticketholder has commented "f**king fantastic, do you think I can postpone the effects of the acid I just dropped until tomorrow night too?" :P

Saw meshuggah and periphery on friday night and killswitch last night. So good living in London!

meshuggah are a step above when they play. their so tight and faultless its crazy to see them live and they play everything exactly the same as it is on the album, no improvs.

http://youtu.be/zg2076b5Lqc

Extol are back together, got a new album out called "Extol".

Haven't read this whole thread, but lately I've been listening to a lot of Heavenshallburn..

German melodic death metal , brutal riffs and vocals. cant flaw any of their albums.

Finally got around to picking up the new Be'lakor album Of Breath and Bone. F**king awesome album, songs are so well arranged and written, seriously talented dudes IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOEUgvorPDo&feature=share&list=TL39_pbsNmIK4d9l4O9jSpNDb10tygEVAC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsgEOXlaaI8&list=TLoikrHSBJKXsI7LXtCcY8vHoJKQTw4THv

I need some new music, anybody got anything that isn't modern screamo/hardcore shit full of lame breakdowns?

I like Ringworm lately. its classified as hardcore but leans more towards metal.

Otherwise I have been enjoying the new carcass album.

I need some new music, anybody got anything that isn't modern screamo/hardcore shit full of lame breakdowns?

I don't think we have the same taste but I discovered Sithu Aye recently

It's a bit proggy but not in a faggy way.

Moved into Stoner/Doom metal a few years back. cant get into the faster stuff unless the riffs are on point.

Moved into Stoner/Doom metal a few years back. cant get into the faster stuff unless the riffs are on point.

I don't mind some stoner rock, full doom metal gets a bit sludgy for me - but I played that bongripper album at 1.5speed and it kicked ass.

Different. tongue.png

bit of instrument masturbation for the masses

High on fire is pretty awesome stuff, last few albums have really knocked it out of the park.

Going to have to go back through this thread, some good bands I've never heard of. I'm still stuck listening to 90s early 2000's.