Soundgarden

VAST

The Tea Party

Mastodon

The Sins of Thy Beloved

Hatebreed

Raised Fist

not really my style... wouldn't know any bands like that lol

Give Raintime, Devildriver (new album is pretty good apparently), Divinity, Soilwork, Sylosis, Asking Alexandria bit of wrist slitting shit in that group but no massive emo's like escape the fate haha

A31Cefiro - i reckon you would really like High on Fire and maybe Black Label Society

not many people like VAST, the guy does a great job imo. Clutch would be one of my favourite bands of the decade

Give Raintime, Devildriver (new album is pretty good apparently), Divinity, Soilwork, Sylosis, Asking Alexandria bit of wrist slitting shit in that group but no massive emo's like escape the fate haha

Devildriver aren't too bad, saw them last year(?) at Soundwave in Adelaide. Watched a bit of Divinty on youtube, wouldn't buy it but wouldn't turn it off if I heard it playing. Not a big fan of Soilwork, kind of just never got into them but love early In Flames and Dark Tranquility so really should give them a good listen.

Sylosis started off so promising then got to a screamo breakdown and I turned it off. Could only manage about 1 minute of Asking Alexandria's song The Final Episode - as soon as I saw I skinny leg jeans, crab poses, synchopated guitar swings over the shoulders and then heard OH MY GOD as the intro lyrics I tried to kill it with fire - that crap just isn't for me.

A31Cefiro - i reckon you would really like High on Fire and maybe Black Label Society

not many people like VAST, the guy does a great job imo. Clutch would be one of my favourite bands of the decade

High On Fire - can definitely get into these guys, great combination of groove oriented stuff with a bit of speed metal for good measure. As soon as I heard the singer I instantly thought of Lemmy from Motorhead - then saw a comment saying these guys were the cannibals that ate Motorhead :lol:

Black Label Society never really captured my interest, always thought it sounded like a mash of too many other good things and lacked originality.

Whilst checking out some of the recommended bands I did stumble across these guys - seem pretty bloody decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmg3jr7Bhfo

Not really heavy, but if you like Opeth I suggest you look at Katatonia, they have a similar writing style to earlier, softer opeth, only a bit more pop-metal I guess you'd call it.

Last 2 albums are really good, they're a really polished band. Wouldn't mind seeing them live.

Katatonia used to be heavy as all hell iirc, around Viva Emptiness they shifted a bit, sound a bit more like Anathema now from what ive read. Really good band, havent listened to them in ages

Whenever i think of Opeth i think Porcupine Tree, not really that similar but i think they both attract a certain type of listener

The singer blew his vocal cords hence no more screaming but he still has a good melodic voice and the melodies are well written. I think turning a bit commercial was the best thing for them from what I've heard of their older stuff.

Porcupine Tree can thank Akerfeldt for alot of their newer younger fans. Steve Wilson sang on damnation and Akerfeldt was calling Ptree his favourite band for a while too, that's where I first heard of them. Did you give Oceansize a burl? I'm still exploring the first 3 albums, totally in love.

Did you give Oceansize a burl? I'm still exploring the first 3 albums, totally in love.

Ive got and order coming from CD Wow which will contain Frames and Effloresce and maybe a few others. Thanks for the tip on that band btw, always good to hear some new stuff

Not a big fan of Soilwork, kind of just never got into them but love early In Flames and Dark Tranquility so really should give them a good listen.

Give early Soilwork a try. I listen to a lot of the same stuff you do so you might like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-deRh1VGYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K54mwLWHXmA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyRlQohdaf0

Then there's Disarmonia Mundi which is Bjorn "Speed" Strid's (vocalist of Soilwork) other band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DXJHJGFIoI

In No particular order and probably missing a couple

Megadeth (absolute favourite band, dont go a day without a listen)

Anthrax

Slayer

Metallica

Overkill

Exodus

Testament

Sacred Reich

Morbid Angel

Death

Gojira

Lamb Of God

Revocation

Children Of Bodom

Deicide

Fear Factory

Iron Maiden

Diamond Head

Pantera

Brujeria

Sepultura

Judas Priest

confession.......

worst band ever haha

hate x99999

:(

Soundwave in Adelaide yesterday I discovered these guys (Kylesa) whilst waiting for Rob Zombie to come on. Might have to get an album or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-islnrxO7c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGFru8yyYIw

Reminded me in parts of Mastodon, Helmet, and a few others.

Slayer were disappointing at Soundwave imo.

Only wanted to hear Raining Blood, and they didn't even do the proper intro for it. (ie didn't play the thunderstorm backing bit.)

Then about 3/4 way through, they cut into another song.

Dimmu Borgir were great. Didn't think they'd wear the big coats because of how warm it was yesterday but they still did.

36Crazyfists pit was pretty crazy again. Opened it up during 2 songs. Saw some fat kid throwing punches and kicks around then this guy just rams him from behind and faceplants it :lol:

^^ Didn't see any of them. I saw Devildriver, Primus, Kylesa, some of Rob Zombie then left to see the rest of QOTSA then Iron Maiden. Somehow I managed to lose my phone during Primus - glad I took insurance on it when I got a few months ago.

Whilst all the Primus fans were waiting on Stage 2, Stone Sour played one of their slow songs as soon as they finished some dude from the Primus side yelled out "f**k off Nickelback!". Best comment I heard all day.

Soundwave was awesome, lost sunnies for first amity song, countless stacks infront of the 'dustpit' stage six

But they really need to fix their scheduling for that stage, not everyone gets that into a maiden show, and having polar bear club close that stage was utterly terrible, didnt even have to push through to get to the front row.

Things like having amity second up was quite odd, being that their latest album go into the top ten in aria charts and they are one of the biggest hardcore acts in aus.

Previous years they have offered big acts closing each stage to keep crowds in late, whereas this year if i saw alot leave much earlier.

Soundwave was alright. Slayer got canned in Sydney which was gay... saw:

DevilDriver

Primus

Slash

Rob Zombie

Iron Maiden

Manage to get in for free so that made it even better.

Things like having amity second up was quite odd, being that their latest album go into the top ten in aria charts and they are one of the biggest hardcore acts in aus.

Previous years they have offered big acts closing each stage to keep crowds in late, whereas this year if i saw alot leave much earlier.

soundwave was the first time id seen amity live and i wasnt impressed. walked off 3 songs in to find better stuff... just seemed like they had no energy/couldnt be f**ked being there.

that said blessthefalls live show was insane, as was asking alexandria. my whole soundwave was f**ked.

had 2 sprained ankles and the top of my right foots fractured atm.. so i got to stand around and do f**k all.

Amity when you arent in the pit is kinda bad, technically live they are far from special

but very energetic pit

Kinda devd i got there late and missed blessthefall, alexandria were great, even with the clean vocals playing in background.

I'm looking for some new tunes..

Regulars on the iPod:

Machine Head

Iron Maiden

Opeth

Black Sabbath

Ozzy Osbourne

In Flames

Nightwish

Lacuna Coil

As I lay dying

Tool

Deftones

Rammstein

Anyone know of music that I might like??

Arch enemy

Black dahlia murder

Children of bodom

Chimaira

Dark Tranquility

Devildriver

Divine Heresy

Katatonia

Lamb of god

Shadows fall

with Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne you would probably really like Witchcraft

Arch enemy

Black dahlia murder

Children of bodom

Chimaira

Dark Tranquility

Devildriver

Divine Heresy

Katatonia

Lamb of god

Shadows fall

Check out COB new album - getting back into the good stuff now!

Arch enemy

Black dahlia murder

Children of bodom

Chimaira

Dark Tranquility

Devildriver

Divine Heresy

Katatonia

Lamb of god

Shadows fall

Check out COB new album - getting back into the good stuff now!

Comes out this week in Aus. Already on torrents. :D

Check out Revocation in a post I made further up the page