Sign in to follow this  
sid280

Qantas plane

Is no one going to make the "Engine out" joke....????

Now you're editting after posting... awesome

But you've added the section that says "Qantas Engineering undertakes maintenance work on all its aircraft types"

I guess the A380 isn't part of "all" of their aircraft,

There is a lot more to an aircraft than just it's engines. I never said Qantas don't do maintenance work on other parts of the plane.

You are using a quote that states Qantas does maintenance on planes at their jetbase, as some kind of 'proof' that they perform major mainteance on the A380 engines. I am telling you no such maintenance takes place at the jetbase, as for LTQ, i don't know, and by the looks of it, neither do you.

anyway you don't work for LTQ and you haven't been to their base, so how can you say they don't maintain engines? You haven't even been there...

And i never said they don't maintain engines, i said you have not provided a shred of information to indicate they are performing heavy maintenance on the engines for the A380.

They could be doing this for other engines, just not the A380 due to it's size and age.

Hence the support agreement with RR.

1200831-huge_e_penis_super.jpg

I never said Qantas specifically do heavy maintenance on RR Trent 900 engines I said they do maintenance on ALL of their planes as quoted on their website, then pointed out the contract with LTQ and showed images of them doing heavy maintenance on jet engines, in house.

Qantas only has a partial agreement with RR, so who does the rest of the maintenance? You're happy to tell me who DOESN'T do the work, but then who DOES? If you don't know then how can you say its not LTQ? I know you're itching to prove me wrong and I'm all for that if it means people learn shit, but at least have some solid information instead of just saying "I have never been to LTQ and I don't work for them - but i know you're wrong"

Sid280,

You'll find its Rolls Royce do most of the actual engine work on these. The qantas engineers dont have the tickets to pull it down further than the ouside casing and changing i think the first lot of blades.

The rest will also fall under a Hamilton Sundstrand contract for the APU's etc which they also cannot perform in house repairs on.

Aircraft are SO heavily regulated it is not funny. The nuts and bolts used on them need to be tracked back down to the earth it came from. Tooling used on each aircraft has to be recorded. They cannot use 99% of tool brands on the market as they do not meet the specs required.

People need to stop making assumptions off what they read on websites and through the media as they have no idea.

PS, the company i work does run Qantas aircraft.

Sid280,

You'll find its Rolls Royce do most of the actual engine work on these. The qantas engineers dont have the tickets to pull it down further than the ouside casing and changing i think the first lot of blades.

The rest will also fall under a Hamilton Sundstrand contract for the APU's etc which they also cannot perform in house repairs on.

Aircraft are SO heavily regulated it is not funny. The nuts and bolts used on them need to be tracked back down to the earth it came from. Tooling used on each aircraft has to be recorded. They cannot use 99% of tool brands on the market as they do not meet the specs required.

People need to stop making assumptions off what they read on websites and through the media as they have no idea.

PS, the company i work does run Qantas aircraft.

Werd!

Thank you - exactly what I wanted to know.

So RR have a partial agreement for maintenance - and Qantas contract out other companies (Hamilton Sundstrand for example) to fill the rest of the requirements for the maintenance agreement for the engines?

Are there other companies also involved in the maintenance of the Trent Engines?

I never said Qantas specifically do heavy maintenance on RR Trent 900 engines I said they do maintenance on ALL of their planes as quoted on their website, then pointed out the contract with LTQ and showed images of them doing heavy maintenance on jet engines, in house.

Qantas only has a partial agreement with RR, so who does the rest of the maintenance? You're happy to tell me who DOESN'T do the work, but then who DOES? If you don't know then how can you say its not LTQ? I know you're itching to prove me wrong and I'm all for that if it means people learn shit, but at least have some solid information instead of just saying "I have never been to LTQ and I don't work for them - but i know you're wrong"

No, i never said i know you are wrong, i am saying that you do not know, there is a big difference there bud.

Qantas probably do some light maintenance on the Trent 900's, and this could be all they mean when they talk about "partial" maintenance agreement.

You don't know the facts, but you keep talking like you do.

I don't claim to know the full story.

You don't know the facts, but you keep talking like you do.

I don't claim to know the full story.

How do you walk around with such a huge e-penis?

If I knew all the facts, I wouldn't ask questions like

Qantas only has a partial agreement with RR, so who does the rest of the maintenance?

Are there other companies also involved in the maintenance of the Trent Engines?

If LTQ don't do the other parts of the maintenance arrangement - who does? Pixies, Wizards and Aliens...

So obviously I don't know it all and have never claimed to, either way r31silo answered my question for me when you couldn't, no need to get upset.

edit: fixed quote

I love it how you can make so many references to e-penises, when you are the only one throwing your weight around this thread like a massive wanker.

I am trying to talk facts here, and you are just being a pr!ck.

Bravo, you win the internets.

I love it how you can make so many references to e-penises, when you are the only one throwing your weight around this thread like a massive wanker.

It taketh a duo to tango.

It taketh a duo to tango.

It takes 2 people to have a conversation

However it only takes one person to talk like a c.unt

It is because to many people butt in with their opinions as to what actually happens and doesnt want to be told otherwise (not having a go at anyone as i literally cant remember who was saying what)

You will find there is the same case with landing gear, engines etc there is pay per hour agreements.

99% of companys running aircraft do not have the tickets to do maintenance on the complete aircraft.

Pratt and Whitney,

Honeywell

Rolls Royce

BAE

Hamilton Sundstrand

Messier Dowty, are a few OEMs of products that do pay per hour contracts for all different engine parts etc.

By no means should this look poorly on Qantas as its nothing they could have done to see this happening.

Close thread?

By no means should this look poorly on Qantas as its nothing they could have done to see this happening.

/thread