Sign in to follow this  
rhysansell

Which way to go

My step brother wants to upgrade to a mk2 fpv gt, he offered to sell me his 2008 Falcon xr6 ute 6speed for quiet cheap, which is really tempting. Or I could go a na mx5 for quiet alot cheaper, not to sure which way to go about it being my first car. Suggestions would help, thanks in advance.

Edited by rhysansell

if he's cutting you a good deal, go the falcon. at least you know everything he's done to it/with it. dunno which gen mx5, but i wouldnt get one

Re-sale value on utes are pretty good so I'd go with that keep it for a while then sell it once you find something you really want.

We'll turns out that his getting the GT in January, and i wouldnt have had enough money until may at least.

So i'm getting a NA Mx5 :D

VegasROD-0834.jpg

Make sure you make your car look similar to this ^^^^ otherwise, in your stock NA Mx5, you'll be giving off signals to other fags. :thumbsup:

you'll also be getting a vagina with that purchase...

Yeah didnt think a Mx5 would get a heap of support, but i've read that they are rockets through twisties from quiet a few people. But i can also see what you mean about hairdresser looking for stocko's, so of course i'd make mine a one off jdm monster.

I asked my mechanic a few months ago which sort of car he'd suggest starting off with, he said has to be manual, rear wheel and that toyota and mazda would be his picks, and the mx5 fits the critera on my budget.

If i could turn into into something similar to these id be pretty happy.

w1_miata_lm16_01.jpg

w1_3876601654_0d2bfe7230_b.jpg

48233876485bce653159b.jpg

Edited by rhysansell

you'll also be getting a vagina with that purchase...

that's whats wrong with this country... unless you drive a massive POS holden or ford everyone calls you a hairdresser

please ignore people like him and buy what you want

no, it's the fact that half of the dudes who drive these things (that i see) look like baffoons, with the top down, the mandatory sunglasses, hair waving in the breeze, arm over the door, and either driving like grandmas, or as if they're avoiding a vettel sideswipe.

was thinking about it earlier actually, and came to the same conclusion that i'm reading ryan has. in stock form, they're a bit poxy. with their sorta big gawky smile and overall bubbliness. but give them stance, some aggressive wheels, and a bit of a rough edge, and they look like a little beast. and i'd prob be adding a front lip. ive always liked the shape of the 2nd gen, and being rwd, adds to the pros.

as long as ryan does it right, it'll turn out alright.

^ man... id leave my missus for that :humpleg:

some one does put up with you then :P

They can be tough cars. Huge aftermarket (e.g. http://www.mx5mania.com.au/), good performers and reliable, though if buying NA buy post '92, earlier cars commonly suffered from short nose crank problems.

013-(1).jpg

i dont like the fact the mx5 is always smiling at me!!!

Still have a gay factor about them. Even with tuff offset rims, and slammage. You will just be a fag that is into tuff rims and hektik slammage.

My step brother wants to upgrade to a mk2 fpv gt, he offered to sell me his 2008 Falcon xr6 ute 6speed for quiet cheap, which is really tempting. Or I could go a na mx5 for quiet alot cheaper, not to sure which way to go about it being my first car. Suggestions would help, thanks in advance.

SSSSSHHHHH!

ALOT.jpg

Still have a gay factor about them. Even with tuff offset rims, and slammage. You will just be a fag that is into tuff rims and hektik slammage.

Are you serious? MX5s are killer - the serious guys into the tarmac ralies etc love them. Why judge a car by it's "gay factor", are we 12 years old here? Who cares what it looks like when you have fun driving it? I've never felt the need to cinsider what anyone else thinks of a car when buying it, and if you do, probably will never understand an MX5.

They have that same go-kartness of a Sil but on another level. Anyone who says they are 'girly' etc have never driven one. The seating position is perfect, your hand falls right on the tiny shifter and the world feels a good place when the 1.8 is reving its head off. Very fun, balanced, car to throw around in the real world.

If the ute was turbo, then yeah.

But conisdering it's not.. ehh.. you really have to weigh up ur options.

If you can buy it and sell it for more, do that.

If not, then you mayaswell just buy a car that YOU want

mx5 will be a lot of fun to drive, plus i like the styling of the old school ones

Have you considered putting a 1uzfe in it!

Thanks for the support guys, exactly what i want to hear :)

I love the fact that not many p platers have got onto the idea of mx5.

Love the jdm-ness of the NA Mx5's :)

Thanks for the support guys, exactly what i want to hear :)

I love the fact that not many p platers have got onto the idea of mx5.

Love the jdm-ness of the NA Mx5's :)

what's your budget?

i'm sure we could think of something cooler!

buy ford cheap, sell for more= PROFIT

fixed it for you

Budget will be probably $5000-$6000, but how many p plate jdm mx5s do you see around? make it something different, turn heads.

Getting the ford would have been good, but he is getting rid of before id have enough.

Budget will be probably $5000-$6000, but how many p plate jdm mx5s do you see around? make it something different, turn heads.

Getting the ford would have been good, but he is getting rid of before id have enough.

i dunno man, i'm very much "if you like something, get it"

i may give you shit, but if you like something go for it.

f**k what i think :)