Sign in to follow this  
MRRB

CBR250RR 1998 Fireblade

If its cheap enough than yes its worth it, however there are several sports oriented bikes available now that are often around the same price and only a couple of years old, not 20 years old

Back when i was learning it was the fastest thing we were allowed so i had one but there's plenty of better lams bikes available now, that is faster, larger capacity, better suspension, fuel injection ect

probably one of the fastest 250cc bikes out there, but they're getting pretty damn old, and pricey when considering their age and km. if u find one for a decent price then go for it, but for around 5000 you could get a second hand ninja 250 with low km and built within the last couple years, known for bullet proof reliability, and good to learn on

Theyre a cool bike but seconding what others said.

youll spend twice what paid for a clapped out one fixing it or if you pay more $$$ for a good one you could get a 08 Ninja 250 which is said to be the best learners bike avail at the moment.

I had a single R version when on my L's.

Very good bikes for learning mine was 89 and still went hard and had no problems with it. As long as they are in good condition they shouldn't loose much value. around 4k is good.

^ i could pretty much cut n paste that.

18000rpm give you a bit of a smile.

i think they are the smallest size 250s out there. so anything over 5'11" and you might feel a bit weird. i liked it because i comfortably had both my feet flat on the ground.

do you just want a learners or you plan on keeping it? for an Ls bike you can go the cbr250, but if you plan on keeping it a while have a squizz at some second hand ninjas i reckon

im ganna sell off my LAMS approved zx-6r in the coming months, you could always get that... and leave your mates on the cbr250's in your dust.

yes i said zx-6r

im ganna sell off my LAMS approved zx-6r in the coming months, you could always get that... and leave your mates on the cbr250's in your dust.

yes i said zx-6r

serious?

is ZX-6R LAMS approved?

but i dont see it on the LAMS list.

anyway, how much are u looking? and what colour

my friend might interest.

Dead serious.

No zx-6rs are definatley not...

But mine is.

And as said... It's going for sale soon:)

guessing it was a transport stuff up?

if that's the case it's still not legal, and in the event of a crash/clued in police/transport you will still get raped.

^^^i worried about that to however about 6 months ago I came off it at low speed pulling out of a driveway and the back wheel sliding out. Broke my collar bone and was off work for 3 months... Fully covered.

As for the bike I fixed it, all it needed was new fairings. Looks better now then it did before!

If your really interested in it pm me'

Oh n I got pulled over on it once just to be breath tested... He didn't say anything about it.

use to own one!

best learner bike.

just aslong u dont no more then $5500 and that has to be just perfect,

but i got mine for 4500 and it was in mint condition. just look around be patient and dont rush!!!!!

oh and check this forum out

cbr250.com

should be afew good/maintained/cheap bikes on their.

goodluck

bought mine for 4.5k, crashed it, fixed it, sold it for 5k.

awesome bike :)

I have one at the moment.

I really like it. A few small things annoy me like the throttle but overall it's awesome.

what dont you like about the throttle?

Aprillia sxv550. Motard. Nuff said

if it wasn't for the bullshit maitenace schedules i would have got one of these when i had to do my RE's. because somehow they are on the lams list. but they really shouldn't be

what dont you like about the throttle?

It isn't overly smooth at times.

Sometimes when you want to ease it on, you get nothing then everything.

There is probably some adjustment and lubricating that could be done, havent looked at it yet.

if its not happening every time sounds like the carbs need a clean and balance

it can be dangerous to have the throttle surging, if you've got it cranked over and the throttle chops its not going to end well

ill post some pics and vids of the cbr250rr im building for a overseas customer and ull want one straight away(so many goodies and all custom from top to tail

no matter what anyone sez the mc22 cbr250rr is one of the best learner bikes out there

maintenence wise

performance wise

modification wise

all round and its 4 cyl so rapes all these homo gpx,ninja,cagiva,etc

ill post some pics and vids of the cbr250rr im building for a overseas customer and ull want one straight away(so many goodies and all custom from top to tail

no matter what anyone sez the mc22 cbr250rr is one of the best learner bikes out there

maintenence wise

performance wise

modification wise

all round and its 4 cyl so rapes all these homo gpx,ninja,cagiva,etc

Less talky more piccy.

just aslong ur not paying over 5K and its in good condition.

very good decision. great bike. and easy to service minus spark plugs. hehe

personally, i wouldnt spend more then 4.5k. u can surely find a good decent one under 5k

go on cbr250.com forum, theres heaps of mc22 for sale and majority better condition and much cheaper then

your usual bikesales.com.au

goodluck.