Sign in to follow this  
Glenno

s14 LSD

Hey guys, i know this may sound stupid but, one way to learn

Do all S14's come with LSD's? if so, what type?

just did a bit of a burnout for the first time in it (like i said, one way to learn) and it was single spinning for a while.. might of been my inknowledegeable experience though xD

every single turbo s14 comes with LSD its a viscous type diff, im not sure if the na s14 ever came out with it, but im 99% sure that every single Nissan which was turbo come with lsd from factory as standard

however, cars with over 100,000km on it, the diff will be old and tend to be dead, leading to a semi-open like configeration

Non turbo s14 dont all come out with lsd's. However it was a factory option so some may have lsd. If yourlsd is a bit shagged you can always chuck a shim or two in to tighten it up

oh okay, well.. i believe the car hasnt actually done a burnout before (unless factory thrashed? :D) but, an olderly lady got it from brand new, and seriously kept it below 3000rpm :D and, i havnt treated it badly being the second owner, so maybe age has got to it causing it to single spin? would power have anything to do with it? not enough power for 2 wheels? xD

I think the diff would still wear out over time, whether the car is doing burnouts or not. Then again you probably can't expect a stocker to cut perfect doubles every time.

Yeah, in saying "you cant expect a stocker to.." does that mean power could be an issue in my case? its also an auto box, so.. reduce power again. i noticed once the car actually started throwing around then i "think" it was spinning both, but as we were slowly moving around was just the one

Yeah I guess so. See what happens when you take it out in the rain. If you're doing a burnout and flicking the wheel around to initiate a drift and the car doesn't respond then it's probably worn out and only spinning one wheel.

it definatly double wheels in the wet, and if i ever throw it around a corner sideways is using both wheels, but, on a small skid-pan like area it was single wheeling for a while, may have been using both when i really started throwing it though. may have only been single wheeling when i was just slowly sliding forward as it hasnt got much torque?

i got the same problem man, if lsd only some times (loves to do it in the wet)also my car was looked after and everything but cause our cars around 15 or so years old the diff wears out, and to give them life again u have to shimm them up (thats what im gonna do before the manual gb goes in)