Sign in to follow this  
Josh910

lifestyle in kalgoorlie

I have a good mate moving over that way soon for work, Hes pretty much planted the seed for me and im just interested to see what race tracks are near by, what the drifting scene is like and just the general work/rental situation is like, I could easily move somewhere with out the need for the car stuff but i find its a great way to meet people and in tassie where im from, have made alot of good mates because of it, Any info would be greatly appreciated

cheers Josh

Hey mate - as per the lack of replies - there no drift scene in Kal unfortunately, nearest track is Barbargallo in Perth, 6 hours away?

The lifestyle out there is different to say the least! lol I never actually lived there, a weekend is enough for me! But there is certainly some good money to be made if you can stick it out.

Perth on the other hand has an awesome drift scene.

Come to Perth man :thumbsup:

The night life is the pubs and the nightclubs and the speedway once a week in summer, not much else. Having said that, I lived there for 13 years and loved the place. I originally went there intending to stay for 2 years!

I leave tas on the 18th this month doing a bit of backpacking first off then im going to shoot over west way, Mate who was working in kal has come home so i reckon i may just head straight into perth or closer than 6 hours out, everyone who ive talked to said they love the place and to have drifting/cars (common ground) with people will hopefully make the transition loads easier. Sorry for the un-educated questions but cheers for the answers, muchly appreciated

I just moved here, Its kinda boring unless you gotta moto, But saying that im still looking for work an im gettin pretty bored of the ps3.

kal is a "money town" working,mining,drinking,hookers,pot,sluts good night life. theres always a pub open 24/7

but heaps of sketchy kent's to. worked about 4hrs train ride east from there

for about 2years .

well im now in perth, down at freemantle at the moment, Ive got no idea what to do haha, ive just been backpacking it, if anyone knows of work around either area or has a room to rent please let me know cheers

Heaps of the boys stay at the backpackers. I applied for so many entry level mining jobs it's not funny. Had a couple interviews an shit still nothing. Just easy cause all my family is here which means no rent. Yayy

when does the drift season kick into gear over here, wouldnt mind checking it all out

late reply i know but u might still be over here? try: www.driftwa.com.au