Sign in to follow this  
sid280

5 Reasons The CIA Should Have Already Killed Julian Assange

In another strong attack against WikiLeaks, Prime Minister Julia Gillard argued the "foundation stone" of the website was "illegal".

Asked exactly what law either the website or Mr Assange had broken, Ms Gillard offered no direct answer.

"We've got the Australian Federal Police looking to see whether Australian laws have been broken, and then we've got the commonsense test about the gross irresponsibility of this conduct," Ms Gillard told reporters in Canberra.

Opposition legal affairs spokesman George Brandis attacked Ms Gillard for her "clumsy" language.

"As far as I can see he (Mr Assange) hasn't broken any Australian law," Senator Brandis, a QC, told Sky News.

"Nor does it appear he has broken any American laws."

An open letter to Ms Gillard, prominent academics, lawyers, politicians and journalists called on the government to protect Mr Assange from the possibility of an "extra-judicial" assassination.

"We therefore call upon you to condemn, on behalf of the Australian government, calls for physical harm to be inflicted upon Mr Assange," the letter said.

"And to state publicly that you will ensure Mr Assange receives the rights and protections to which he is entitled, irrespective of whether the unlawful threats against him come from individuals or states."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world/assange-arrested-by-uk-police/story-e6frfkyi-1225967232654#ixzz17QGRgB5P

A Canadian pundit has called for him to be assassinated for leaking US diplomatic cables, while former Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee said those responsible for the leaks should face execution.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world/assange-arrested-by-uk-police/story-e6frfkyi-1225967232654#ixzz17QHiGt8z

what the f**k are these people turning into

British police arrest Assange

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has been arrested in Britain after an international warrant was issued for him last week, London's Metropolitan Police said.

Swedish prosecutors issued the arrest order for the Australian who is wanted on suspicion of committing sexual crimes, which he denies.

The latest warrant came as WikiLeaks continued to release more than 250,000 US diplomatic cables, which has left world leaders scrambling to deal with the fallout.

Assange reportedly turned himself in to police at 9:30am (local time). He is expected to appear before the City of Westminster court later on Tuesday (London time).

He has recently been staying in south-east England.

The 39-year-old is also the target of US politicians who are trying to find a way to indict him for his website's latest leaks.

One of his lawyers in England, Jennifer Robinson, says the Swedish prosecutor is ignoring his human rights.

"Now instead of even seeking a formal summons for his interrogation, she has gone direct for an arrest warrant," he said.

"So we absolutely think that it's disproportionate.

"Mr Assange still has not seen the full allegations against him or the potential charges he faces in a language which he understands, which is English, and this is in clear breach of his human rights under the European Convention of Human Rights."

The warrant for Assange's arrest was issued by Sweden's International Public Prosecution Office in Gothenburg on November 18.

That warrant cites "probable cause of suspected rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/12/07/3087385.htm?section=justin

also worth a read

U.S. agencies warn unauthorized employees not to look at WikiLeaks

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/12/03/wikileaks.access.warning/index.html

and

Open letter: To Julia Gillard, re Julian Assange

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/41914.html

and

Payback: Bank That Froze Julian Assange's Bank Account Has Now Been Taken Down By Hackers

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-bank-that-froze-julian-assanges-bank-account-has-now-been-taken-down-by-hackers-2010-12#ixzz17QQUFBqf

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-bank-that-froze-julian-assanges-bank-account-has-now-been-taken-down-by-hackers-2010-12

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WikiLeaks read it before making comments seeing as half the facts are wrong on ns.

there a group of hackers trying to live in the dream world of free speech imo. since there is no free speech and NEVER will be.

Wiki leaks hacked into sarah palins private Yahoo account then posted the contents on the net.... (she is a dumb bitch but it was illegal )

they posted the names and address. yes where people actually live. of members off the British National Party on the internet. putting peoples lives at risk.

his 1.4 gig insurance file is of the afganistan war diarys. i think everyone knows that there was more to americas little war but releasing war documents is very very very very very very different. there will be files proving that soldiers did kill civilians, houses were mistakenly destroyed etc.... its war and it does happen.

but if you like to call your own bed yours, be able to see a doctor if you have a tiny cough, go out and buy nice cars then why would you you agree with Julian Assange ?? he is happy to prove that our western society wrongly went to war. prove that and china/ russia / korea etc.. have ample reason to start conflict. the united nations falls to pieces, wars start...

well everything you want like food, water, electricity, stable jobs will go up in price. there will be trade blockaids, forget about international travel. nope you'll be asked to visit the front line.

world peace will never happen but as in my view he is putting my way of life, my friends and familys well being at risk because he believes that the world is black and white. there is things in life that we have no reason for knowing. mass media keeps pushing this shit around. he may have his moment in the spotlight but at what cost to an already unstable world.

it only takes one country to be offended before the bullets start flying, is it our responsibilty to stop this happening or keep asking questions we dont need answers to?

btw its food for thought and i think some things are best left unsaid

the way i see it, We've all had mates who have done dumb shit. but we're still mates. its the same but a lot more dangerous with international diplomacy

If Friend A is being a bit annoying with something minor and i speak to Friend B about it, there is no issue we're all still friends. If somebody comes along and tells Friend A what was said, out of context. Causes more of an issue that doesnt need to arrise. (replace 'Friend' with Country' and its prett much the same deal)

Like the whole Rudd-China thing that was on the news. Everybody knew that the issue was there. but because its been leaked that Rudd said it, it can cause shit. I'm all for openness with govt but NOBODY benefits from confidential diplomacy being leaked

As for the war side of it i dont know enough about it to really comment. But i will say that its a war, not a picnic. Shit happens and it isnt easy to execute an overhaul of a government

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WikiLeaks read it before making comments seeing as half the facts are wrong on ns.

Yeah

there a group of hackers trying to live in the dream world of free speech imo. since there is no free speech and NEVER will be.

Like that one (they're administrators of a website, they don't do any hacking whatsoever)

Wiki leaks hacked into sarah palins private Yahoo account then posted the contents on the net.... (she is a dumb bitch but it was illegal )

and that one. David Kernell a 20 year old economics student completely unaffiliated with wikileaks hacked her account, then released the information to wikileaks.

they posted the names and address. yes where people actually live. of members off the British National Party on the internet. putting peoples lives at risk.

My name and address are on the internet... Is my life at risk too?

It's been over 2 years since that happened. How many of them died? My guess is about 50%, am I close?

Yeah

Like that one (they're administrators of a website, they don't do any hacking whatsoever)

and that one. David Kernell a 20 year old economics student completely unaffiliated with wikileaks hacked her account, then released the information to wikileaks.

My name and address are on the internet... Is my life at risk too?

It's been over 2 years since that happened. How many of them died? My guess is about 50%, am I close?

there a group of hackers trying to live in the dream world of free speech imo. IMO means "in my opinion." not fact, opinion.

if you have something that was illegally obtained in your possesion then that by law puts your in the wrong. it was stolen property. kinda like people stealings someones mail, showing everyone then saying "sorry, i saw it in a letterbox and thought i take it".

ok ill hack into you medical, schooling etc... files and blast them all over ns. would you be pissed off? you have a right to privacy and this did breech it.

back at ya mate

ok ill hack into you medical, schooling etc... files and blast them all over ns. would you be pissed off? you have a right to privacy and this did breech it.

if in my email i had a plot to rip you off out of some wheels you decided to buy off me, would you be pissed off if someone had access to the info and DIDN'T tell you?

there a group of hackers trying to live in the dream world of free speech imo. IMO means "in my opinion." not fact, opinion.

if you have something that was illegally obtained in your possesion then that by law puts your in the wrong. it was stolen property. kinda like people stealings someones mail, showing everyone then saying "sorry, i saw it in a letterbox and thought i take it".

back at ya mate

However there are laws providing freedom of speech, freedom of the press etc. Since the pentagon papers the press has been legally allowed to publish confidential US government/military information provided they don't specifically solicit it.

There's a difference between someone's personal information and the secrets of a nation. My personal information is of no relevance to anyone who doesn't already know it. The kind of information Assange is leaking on the other hand...

if in my email i had a plot to rip you off out of some wheels you decided to buy off me, would you be pissed off if someone had access to the info and DIDN'T tell you?

yes i would lol. im thinking in a wider sense to most on this subject. theres taking things to far and in my opinion wiki leaks has past its used by date. i dont see how it can help in stomping out corruption. its always going to be there. as people we draw our own lines on things and to me its past my line.

back at ya mate

However there are laws providing freedom of speech, freedom of the press etc. Since the pentagon papers the press has been legally allowed to publish confidential US government/military information provided they don't specifically solicit it.

There's a difference between someone's personal information and the secrets of a nation. My personal information is of no relevance to anyone who doesn't already know it. The kind of information Assange is leaking on the other hand...

free speech does not exsist. if i was to call you a gay cunty faggot. you can put defamation charges on me. i was not able to speak freely without fear.

our views conflict on your second point.

yeh but caustic is a gay cunty faggot so ud get away with it :lol:

btw lol at how laxed ns swear filters are

yeh but caustic is a gay cunty faggot so ud get away with it laugh.gif

btw lol at how laxed ns swear filters are

hahaha yea i was taken back when i saw it didnt cross them out haha

heard this guys currently detained by the Uk police....

i wanna read his insurance document...

heard this guys currently detained by the Uk police....

i wanna read his insurance document...

I didn't know you can read :P

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/12/03/wikileaks.access.warning/index.html

"We have put out a policy saying Department of Defense military, civilian and contractor personnel should not access the WikiLeaks website to view or download the publicized classified information," Department of Defense spokesman Maj. Chris Perrine told CNN. "Doing so could introduce potentially classified information on unclassified networks. This creates 'spillage' which can result in a great cost of time, manpower and money."

Ahhh dipshit, what do you think THE INTERNET is? :lol:

he is putting my way of life, my friends and familys well being at risk because he believes that the world is black and white.

I'm prepared to pay a little extra for food and petrol rather than see innocent people slaughtered, and international law broken by "the good guys".

and you fight arguments without correct facts, purely emotion, making you a giant panda bear homosexual.

....IMO.

In another strong attack against WikiLeaks, Prime Minister Julia Gillard argued the "foundation stone" of the website was "illegal".

Asked exactly what law either the website or Mr Assange had broken, Ms Gillard offered no direct answer.

"We've got the Australian Federal Police looking to see whether Australian laws have been broken, and then we've got the commonsense test about the gross irresponsibility of this conduct," Ms Gillard told reporters in Canberra.

Opposition legal affairs spokesman George Brandis attacked Ms Gillard for her "clumsy" language.

"As far as I can see he (Mr Assange) hasn't broken any Australian law," Senator Brandis, a QC, told Sky News.

"Nor does it appear he has broken any American laws."

An open letter to Ms Gillard, prominent academics, lawyers, politicians and journalists called on the government to protect Mr Assange from the possibility of an "extra-judicial" assassination.

"We therefore call upon you to condemn, on behalf of the Australian government, calls for physical harm to be inflicted upon Mr Assange," the letter said.

"And to state publicly that you will ensure Mr Assange receives the rights and protections to which he is entitled, irrespective of whether the unlawful threats against him come from individuals or states."

Read more: http://www.news.com....4#ixzz17QGRgB5P

Unbelievable how politicians and media have portrayed Julian Assange as a terrorist, when he has yet to be convicted of any criminal activity nor acts of terrorism, and now in custody, I hope Julia Gillard does give him a voice to be heard and back to Australia, after all, he is an Australian and deserves fair trial not interrogation.

BTW Julian Assange has been nominated Time's Person of the Year, and terrorists do not get nominated for this, so vote for him :P

JulianAssange.jpg

Edited by pfcs13

it is just a pity he never released anything really good as most of the stuff he is releasing is stuff a lot of people already knew.

now if he had released documents that prove the moon landings were faked or ufo's or aliens really exist or even who killed jfk then he would have released some thing worth while.

the U.S government have always been full of shit and will never tell the truth about anything.

take the gulf of tonkin incident which is what started the vietnam war, it never happened and it wasn't until jesse ventura made it public knowledge that the american government finally admitted it never happened.

this was not the first time they have done something like this and it wont be the last.

What I want to know is, who seriously has the time to read 251,000 cables they intend to leak?

What I want to know is, who seriously has the time to read 251,000 cables they intend to leak?

Governments.

You know when a CD is put through a shredder, it can be pieced back together again? You just need patience and money (which governments have).

yes i would lol. im thinking in a wider sense to most on this subject. theres taking things to far and in my opinion wiki leaks has past its used by date. i dont see how it can help in stomping out corruption. its always going to be there. as people we draw our own lines on things and to me its past my line.

you must struggle @ life. to have such an inflated sense of self, but yet possess, no knowledge. how's that working out for you?

this guy has a son older than me, interesting.