Sign in to follow this  
sid280

5 Reasons The CIA Should Have Already Killed Julian Assange

There are some secrets that are meant to be kept. And really, we have no right to know what goes on at the top rung of political negotiations/discussions.

I don't care what you guys think, but leaking information like this is a crime and he should be punished and the site taken down. I fully support the US and the Aus government in trying to shut this down before more damaging information is leaked.

It undoes years of work and relationship building.

What crime exactly has he commited?

+1

he is putting my way of life, my friends and familys well being at risk because he believes that the world is black and white.

I'm prepared to pay a little extra for food and petrol rather than see innocent people slaughtered, and international law broken by "the good guys".

and you fight arguments without correct facts, purely emotion, making you a giant panda bear homosexual.

....IMO.

that was meant if there is a war or anything started from it. the rising cost coming from it due to supply and demand.

to your second comment. YOUR COOL lol i've only said a few facts that can be sourced to the wiki leaks wikiapedia page.

@ george jung - you must struggle @ life. to have such an inflated sense of self, but yet possess, no knowledge. how's that working out for you?

no i have different views and different experiences so my values are different to yours. i live in a different city, drive different car etc.... so my point of view is not going to be the same.

What crime exactly has he commited?

i thnk the charge will be along the lines off releasing stolen information or something. he thinks he has lawyers but he's forgeting hes going up agaisnt the people who wrote the laws.

yeah, I dont think so. The US want to trial him for Treason (WTF?). If he had actually committed a crime, why is it only Sweden who have issued a warrant for his arrest?

Oh, but I think the cyber police are onto him, backtacing shit like a mofo.

yeah, I dont think so. The US want to trial him for Treason (WTF?). If he had actually committed a crime, why is it only Sweden who have issued a warrant for his arrest?

Oh, but I think the cyber police are onto him, backtacing shit like a mofo.

sweden will have him because its to obvious if australia, america, england etc... detain him. at least this is an outside source.

and one thing thats i dont quite understand about him is he complains that the australian government wont help him but he went to sweden due to the copyright/ internet laws and such so he wouldnt face prosucution. he jumped ship then complained when they didnt let him back on

In law, treason is the crime that covers some of the more serious acts of betrayal of one's sovereign or nation. Historically, treason also covered the murder of specific social superiors, such as the murder of a husband by his wife (treason against the king was known as high treason and treason against a lesser superior was petit treason). A person who commits treason is known in law as a traitor.

Oran's Dictionary of the Law (1983) defines treason as "...[a]...citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]." In many nations, it is also often considered treason to attempt or conspire to overthrow the government, even if no foreign country is aided or involved by such an endeavour.

from source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WikiLeaks read it before making comments seeing as half the facts are wrong on ns.

Yeah

there a group of hackers trying to live in the dream world of free speech imo. since there is no free speech and NEVER will be.

Like that one (they're administrators of a website, they don't do any hacking whatsoever)

Wiki leaks hacked into sarah palins private Yahoo account then posted the contents on the net.... (she is a dumb bitch but it was illegal )

and that one. David Kernell a 20 year old economics student completely unaffiliated with wikileaks hacked her account, then released the information to wikileaks.

they posted the names and address. yes where people actually live. of members off the British National Party on the internet. putting peoples lives at risk.

My name and address are on the internet... Is my life at risk too?

It's been over 2 years since that happened. How many of them died? My guess is about 50%, am I close?

silskidz:

you are allowed your own "views" you are not allowed your own "facts" ;)

In many nations, it is also often considered treason to attempt or conspire to overthrow the government, even if no foreign country is aided or involved by such an endeavour.

Julia-Gillard_0.jpg

Anyway

You have to wonder

If there is an insurance file and an encryption key exists - and this key will only be released if Assange disappears - who is currently holding the encryption key? How are they going to release it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WikiLeaks read it before making comments seeing as half the facts are wrong on ns.

Yeah

there a group of hackers trying to live in the dream world of free speech imo. since there is no free speech and NEVER will be.

Like that one (they're administrators of a website, they don't do any hacking whatsoever)

Wiki leaks hacked into sarah palins private Yahoo account then posted the contents on the net.... (she is a dumb bitch but it was illegal )

and that one. David Kernell a 20 year old economics student completely unaffiliated with wikileaks hacked her account, then released the information to wikileaks.

they posted the names and address. yes where people actually live. of members off the British National Party on the internet. putting peoples lives at risk.

My name and address are on the internet... Is my life at risk too?

It's been over 2 years since that happened. How many of them died? My guess is about 50%, am I close?

silskidz:

you are allowed your own "views" you are not allowed your own "facts" wink.gif

follow the source and read back retard. i've already had questions on that post

In many nations, it is also often considered treason to attempt or conspire to overthrow the government, even if no foreign country is aided or involved by such an endeavour.

Julia-Gillard_0.jpg

Anyway

You have to wonder

If there is an insurance file and an encryption key exists - and this key will only be released if Assange disappears - who is currently holding the encryption key? How are they going to release it?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

In law, treason is the crime that covers some of the more serious acts of betrayal of one's sovereign or nation. Historically, treason also covered the murder of specific social superiors, such as the murder of a husband by his wife (treason against the king was known as high treason and treason against a lesser superior was petit treason). A person who commits treason is known in law as a traitor.

Oran's Dictionary of the Law (1983) defines treason as "...[a]...citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]." In many nations, it is also often considered treason to attempt or conspire to overthrow the government, even if no foreign country is aided or involved by such an endeavour.

yes, I know what treason is. The problem being that the US is wanting to charge him with it, which doesnn't work since he's not an American citizen.

yes, I know what treason is. The problem being that the US is wanting to charge him with it, which doesnn't work since he's not an American citizen.

if they were to catch a russian spy they would charge him for treason. except the media wouldnt know about it.... if there has been any crimes commited on us soil then they have every right to prosecute him and if they deem treason well he'll face it

This is all from, Julian's take on things. Read it! ( i know its been posted, but should carry onto the next page, and people SHOULD read it before making some comments)

http://blogs.theaustralian.news.com.au/mediadiary/index.php/australianmedia/comments/julian1/

but since you wont I'll give you the main parts.

WikiLeaks coined a new type of journalism: scientific journalism. We work with other media outlets to bring people the news, but also to prove it is true. Scientific journalism allows you to read a news story, then to click online to see the original document it is based on. That way you can judge for yourself: Is the story true? Did the journalist report it accurately?

news papers such as the Australian, the new yorker, and the Guardian.

Big plus for non-bullshit media.

People have said I am anti-war: for the record, I am not. Sometimes nations need to go to war, and there are just wars. But there is nothing more wrong than a government lying to its people about those wars, then asking these same citizens to put their lives and their taxes on the line for those lies. If a war is justified, then tell the truth and the people will decide whether to support it.

WikiLeaks is not the only publisher of the US embassy cables. Other media outlets, including Britain ‘s The Guardian, The New York Times, El Pais in Spain and Der Spiegel in Germany have published the same redacted cables.

Yet we dont see them being 'punished'

Yet it is WikiLeaks, as the co-ordinator of these other groups, that has copped the most vicious attacks and accusations from the US government and its acolytes. I have been accused of treason, even though I am an Australian, not a US, citizen. There have been dozens of serious calls in the US for me to be “taken out” by US special forces. Sarah Palin says I should be “hunted down like Osama bin Laden”, a Republican bill sits before the US Senate seeking to have me declared a “transnational threat” and disposed of accordingly. An adviser to the Canadian Prime Minister’s office has called on national television for me to be assassinated. An American blogger has called for my 20-year-old son, here in Australia, to be kidnapped and harmed for no other reason than to get at me.

and here is the money shot!

Every time WikiLeaks publishes the truth about abuses committed by US agencies, Australian politicians chant a provably false chorus with the State Department: “You’ll risk lives! National security! You’ll endanger troops!” Then they say there is nothing of importance in what WikiLeaks publishes. It can’t be both. Which is it?

It is neither. WikiLeaks has a four-year publishing history. During that time we have changed whole governments, but not a single person, as far as anyone is aware, has been harmed. But the US , with Australian government connivance, has killed thousands in the past few months alone.

US Secretary of Defence Robert Gates admitted in a letter to the US congress that no sensitive intelligence sources or methods had been compromised by the Afghan war logs disclosure. The Pentagon stated there was no evidence the WikiLeaks reports had led to anyone being harmed in Afghanistan . NATO in Kabul told CNN it couldn’t find a single person who needed protecting. The Australian Department of Defence said the same. No Australian troops or sources have been hurt by anything we have published.

if they were to catch a russian spy they would charge him for treason. except the media wouldnt know about it.... if there has been any crimes commited on us soil then they have every right to prosecute him and if they deem treason well he'll face it

Yes, but he hasn't commited a crime. And even if he had, he hasn't done it on US soil.

Killing him only gives merit to what he does and would be horribly obvious if he disappeared. He is in the spotlight and that is pretty much the only security he has - if everyone is watching and he is killed, well, then we know that A) his shit was true and B) someone who got outed is responsible.

if they dont kill him, but rather have him convicted of the sexual assault charges on him, it gets him out of the way without getting their hands dirty. also has the effect of 'well that guy is cool and all but he DID rape a few girls and thats not cool so F him'.

i admit that he shouldnt be leaking the type of shit that he is leaking, but really if we want to live in a free world, information has to be free too

Yes, but he hasn't commited a crime. And even if he had, he hasn't done it on US soil.

but it involves us property

No. They would charge him with committing acts of espionage. Keep up, champ. :)

Killing him only gives merit to what he does and would be horribly obvious if he disappeared. He is in the spotlight and that is pretty much the only security he has - if everyone is watching and he is killed, well, then we know that A) his shit was true and cool.gif someone who got outed is responsible.

if they dont kill him, but rather have him convicted of the sexual assault charges on him, it gets him out of the way without getting their hands dirty. also has the effect of 'well that guy is cool and all but he DID rape a few girls and thats not cool so F him'.

i admit that he shouldnt be leaking the type of shit that he is leaking, but really if we want to live in a free world, information has to be free too

out of curiosity seeing that my views on freedom are very different to most.

what do you define as a "free world" ?

Bradley Manning is being charged for the leak. silskidz, heard of him?

you remind me of that annoying little kid throwing rocks at cars.

and?

well taking someones property then posting it over the internet is illegal

This 'property' maybe shouldn't actually be considered private property. It does involve national interests.

Bradley Manning is being charged for the leak. silskidz, heard of him?

you remind me of that annoying little kid throwing rocks at cars.

and?

well taking someones property then posting it over the internet is illegal

Is it? Are you sure?

What kind of theft is it? It's not physical propoerty, it's data.

There are some secrets that are meant to be kept. And really, we have no right to know what goes on at the top rung of political negotiations/discussions.

I don't care what you guys think, but leaking information like this is a crime and he should be punished and the site taken down. I fully support the US and the Aus government in trying to shut this down before more damaging information is leaked.

It undoes years of work and relationship building.

I don't think I could disagree with that more.

We have no right to know secret missions as they're occurring or before they've commenced. That's common sense. Obviously the public shouldn't know that, because the other side would as well.

But as far as what goes on behind closed doors, we've got every right to know. We need to know that our democratically elected leaders are running the country in the way the majority of the population see fit. Not just seen to be doing the right thing and doing completely different behind closed doors.

If we have a good relationship with another country, it should be genuinely good. Not good on the surface and prepared to use force if things turn bad (China), or commenting on record that a certain leader is paranoid.

Imagine if a Chinese spy caught those comments before they were made public or the so-called worst case scenario happened, whatever that might be. Suddenly we're using force against a superpower like China with absolutely no idea why. What would the propaganda tell the public? More WMDs, I guess.

I'm incredibly interested to see what else these records hold. AFAIK, Julian Assange hasn't committed a crime (no comment on the "rape" charge), and I back him 100%. I've always been a fan of Wikileaks from the start.

How about governments focus on STOPPING the leaks.

Really, It's just like bit torrents, shut it down, another one will open to take its place.

I have alot of respect for him, however freedom has its price.

How about governments focus on STOPPING the leaks.

Really, It's just like bit torrents, shut it down, another one will open to take its place.

I have alot of respect for him, however freedom has its price.

BAHHAHAHAHAH

edit: bahahahah at seeing "shut it down" with torrents, something like napster or kazaa would have been a good exmaple there because thats a service that actually managed to shut down, torrents have since come and replaced all that :)

how many people waved the australian flag on australia day. were all proud aussies are we not?

so how the f**k could you like someone that has no national interest.

look the governments corrupt. old news. politians are in it for themselves. old news. but while my water is clean, electricity keeps pumping, food is readily avalible, transport is at your fingertips i will stand up against someone who has a chance off stopping this. he'll go live in africa, china, korea. have dirty water, get aids. dont protect YOUR interests. its up to you

at the end off the day. where my family and friends are is where i will happily put my life on the line and protect them. im patriotic, i love australia. off course im not going to agree with some "media freedom fighter" when he has not helped my country at all.

sorry to sound like an american but why put your own country second. we have a bloody good lifestyle here. we have heath care, there not alot of countries that cant boast that.