Sign in to follow this  
Datto man

options for a ek civic and i lost my keys

hey guys i was wondering what my options are for my civic. i have a 1996 ek Sedan and i have lost my car keys. when i bought the car only came with one key and i dont even have the red key. now i am told that the ek civic has an immoboliser as standard so i will have to get a whole new system and a new ignition barrel/door locks.

if there is another way to go about this it would be great as doing all that work will cost a fair bit and i need the car back on the road.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

hey guys i was wondering what my options are for my civic. i have a 1996 ek Sedan and i have lost my car keys. when i bought the car only came with one key and i dont even have the red key. now i am told that the ek civic has an immoboliser as standard so i will have to get a whole new system and a new ignition barrel/door locks.

if there is another way to go about this it would be great as doing all that work will cost a fair bit and i need the car back on the road.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

I have some bad news for you, i work at honda and yeah, it is a whole new system sorry. with the red key its salvageable or even with one black key any locksmith can code a new one. sorry mate!