Sign in to follow this  

Circuit racing brake pad thread

Another vote for HC+! Best pad I've tried so far! Like others have said, easy to bed, easy on rotors and feel great :) Only negative for me is they are a bit loud when cold - but I don't drive my car everyday.

I strongly suggest against using A1RM's if your doing trackdays on R-comps, I destroyed a set in 2 trackdays. QFM do offer other 'race' compounds though which I am yet to try.

I got one of the first sets of Project Mu Club Racer pads in Aus

I wish I was as cool as you man.

rather then touching the pedal and your face hits the windscreen.

LOL!

How much are a set of the club racer pads for gtr brembos anyone know?

I got one of the first sets of Project Mu Club Racer pads in Aus

I wish I was as cool as you man.

What are u on about mate?

It means ive used them for 4 track days and some street driving so can make a comment based on actual experience, not internet guesswork.

Well done on being a smart ass on a forum instead of real life.

Club racer is a new pad not advertised much but for some reason it's available only to the US market. Godzilla you always end up sounding like a try hard lol, I dont think you do it on purpose, I have 999 pads OMG HEKTIC cabs gona hate!! I will write how they compare to DS3000.

Yeah, try hard, that's me. I think its more the haters read it like that.

CLub Racer is available through Hi Octane and Racer Industries and what they wrote about it is 100%. I went from HC+ to Club Racer.

I have 999 pads OMG HEKTIC cabs gona hate!! I will write how they compare to DS3000.

?

Hi guys, running a 180sx here... EBC front pads and Lucas rear pads.. bad setup, only lasted around 30 laps at Wakefield, the rears are metal on disk.

It sounds like these HC are the way to go??? Where do you guygs get your pads in Sydney?

Also after some used semi slicks if anyone knows where I can get in 16's?

Thanks.

At the rear I always use bendix ultimates, they dont last very long but seem to go well with different front pads,they are not the most expensive rear pad, after all the rear disks are not vented, small and not really a huge concern when you consider that 70% of the cars weight will be transferred to the front while braking.

Cabs: no idea why I wrote cabs instead of haters, must be an attention seeking thing the quack told me about.

rogercordia will tell us what to do cordiamotivator3ta9tl8.jpg

I tried the Bendix race pads... got around 15 laps (much less than the Lucas) at Wakefield.

Need something better.

I tried the Bendix race pads... got around 15 laps (much less than the Lucas) at Wakefield.

Need something better.

Which brakes do you have on your car man? I think I came for a ride in your car at marulan earlier in the year?

the rears are important and you should have the same pads front and rear to balance the braking.

Endless PC35s are a popular pad with a lot of cars and i find them good although they do tend to wear fast but do provide good feel and are a nice progressive pad able to handle a lot of heat.

Hey cabs... Yeah you did.. I'm running r32 gtst front and standard rear.. I have to replace rear pads after every time at at Wakefield.. I usually only make it to lunch time before brakes are gone...

Maybe it's the brake bias causing problem?

what times are you doing round wakefield and what pads are you running front and rear?

On the r32 i ran ferodo zero rears which lasted 2 full days at Wakefield. They worked reasonably well.

Tried a set of lockheed delphi 550 degree pads and found that the rear brakes were a lot more effective, unfortunately they were down to metal by the end of the day so went back to the ferodos because i could walk into supercheap and know they'd have them on the shelf and only cost 50 bucks.

Can't really comment on the HD bendix pads i have in the s13. I suspect i have a master cylinder issue which is resulting in very poor rear braking. The pads are barely worn after a day at Wakefield doing 7's and 8's

Hey cabs... Yeah you did.. I'm running r32 gtst front and standard rear.. I have to replace rear pads after every time at at Wakefield.. I usually only make it to lunch time before brakes are gone...

Maybe it's the brake bias causing problem?

Nah its cause of the rear being tiny rotors which are solid not vented. Have you removed all the stone guards? That helps alot and then get a minimum of like a DS2500 front/rear. Depending on what times your doing they might not be enough either though...

P8100113.jpg

Thats how much bigger the brembo rears are compared to stock. Not even taking into account the extra width they make the stock brakes look like toy ones in comparison when they're on the car.

^^^^

I am running DS2500 front and rear. AP calipers front and standard rears with slotted RDA rotors. So far the DS2500 have been up to standard and have allowed some pretty quick times. I bought the DS3000 thinking I might need them but I am not sure if I will. I will try them anyway just to be able to get a comparison. Little worried about the rotor wear but if they improve the braking over what it is then I'll be happy.

the ds3000's will bite a bit harder so get used to them a little before doing a flying lap as you might flat spot a tyre.

Hi cabs.. Haven't removed backing plate... Will give that a go.. Doing 1.12 on average road tyres, could be quicker but I am braking softly and early to save brakes. Im pretty sure I had ds2500 before and I got bad fade??? Where do I get these hc ones everyone recommends?

You wont be disapointed thumbsup.gif DS3000 is an amazing pad but they will munch you rotor if you drive it around the streets. Let us know how they compare to DS2500.

Guys remember this isn't a street pad thread.

All true. I drove around my R34 on the street with ferrodo DS3000 pads and alcon 6 pot front, endless rears in alcon 4 pots. The fronts developed some wear grooves on the rotor from braking on reasonably cold temps on the street. Gets expensive since replacement front rotors cost $1000. Ideally you would run ds2500's for street and change over to ds3000's for track - they bite hard and feels awesome to pull up a heavy skyline with that much braking force on 365mm+ rotors :)

Club Racer's for 4 Pot Brembo's RRP $399, HC+ for the same Brembo's RRP $365, less for you guys tho.

Club Racer's for Nissan 4 Pot RRP $369, HC+ for Nissan 4 Pot's RRP $345, again less for you guys.

We stock the HC+ for most Nissan 4 Pot and GTR Brembo's, Club Racer's I don't normally stock but can get them next day.

On a personal note, I run HC+'s in my daily and love them to bits, for anyone looking to do a track day here and there but still be able to drive the car day to day without having to do pad changes the HC+ is the way to go.

I just put in club racer on the front and QFM af1 at rear... Hoping this is improvement over ebc

i have a bit of an issue that i need to get sorted on my track car... well i can see it being an issue.... im building a ra23 celica i have put s13 front suspension in it and am running s13 non turbo ca18 brakes..... with rda slotted rotors and ebc green stuff pads.... the car will be driven only some sundays on the street and hard through the hills but mostly on the track.....

what do you think of the ebc green stuff? and rda rotors for heavy track work? the car is non turbo twin cam and weighs about 900 ish kgs.....

i have to run the small brakes as im running 14inch wheels and dont want to go larger...

also the rear brakes are drum.... :S i dont want to upgrade them to disk at this stage.. but is there any sorta performace things i can do to improve them? performace linings??

the car weighs fark all so i dont see the rear braks bing a huge problem apart from the heat......... i have done some track work before but im looking to push this car hard now and do some respectable lap times..... p.s im in sa and my local track is mallala which i heard is hard on brakes? true???

cheers jake

Very much a personal opionon, as the pads you use should suit the feel you are after.

I have used many different pads, Bendix Ultimate, DS2500, DS3000, Pagid RS14, Pagid Black, RS4-2 and the Wilwood H compound. They all do the job but offer different charateristics.

You need to see the Friction ratio v temp graphs.

The Wilwood H compound offer high friction accross the temp range, resulting in less pedal effort and it stays consistant even at very high temps (Glowing rotors)But some people dont like this high initial bite that the H pads offer. I dont run a brake booster so high friction pad suits me.

I find the DS3000 to be an excellent pafd, but require more pedal pressure resulting in more pad pressure on the rotor there for high rotor wear! My rotors wear twice as quick with DS3000 compared to the Wilwood H pads. Also the high pedal pressure can flex calipers making pads wear un even.

The Pagid pads are senational and hard to fault, except the price! Great feel, little rotor wear and no fade.

Ds2500 and Bendix Ultimate really are road pads designed for the occasional track day, work them to hard and the pedal will go to the floor.

Important to use race brake fluid as well. I recomend the PBR Racing and AP500 fluid

Ash

dude, the pagid rs14 is the pagid black... lol - but i agree, awesome pad for track (and awesomely expensive!)

dude, the pagid rs14 is the pagid black... lol - but i agree, awesome pad for track (and awesomely expensive!)

Yeah, sorry ment to put the Black in brackets

Ash

work them to hard and the pedal will go to the floor.

I've never had that issue with DS2500's before and had them very hot. If your pedal is dropping to the floor its a fluid issue and no matter what pads you get if they get stupid hot and boil the fluid you will have that same problem...

work them to hard and the pedal will go to the floor.

I've never had that issue with DS2500's before and had them very hot. If your pedal is dropping to the floor its a fluid issue and no matter what pads you get if they get stupid hot and boil the fluid you will have that same problem...

Sorry, but the 2500's weren't up to it for me, might be ok for you. Maybe its because Wanneroo is very hard on brakes! Boiling fluid can also be caused by "pushing though" a pad that is giving up. In other words the pad is over heating and you have a pedal but the car wont stop, but in a race you have to push on so you push harder and hard on the pedal generating even more heat then the fluid fails.

Not all tracks need massive brakes, so what effectes me at Wanneroo may not effect someone at Phillip Island for example

Ash

Ash