Sign in to follow this  
Siddr20

Sidd Rishi Photography

Thanks mate :)

Something different from me than people shots:

IMG_9181_resize.jpg

IMG_2637_resize.jpg

IMG_8229_resize.jpg

Who needs a macro lens when you got a small compact camera which can do the same job!!!

Canon s95 :)

IMG_0415a_resize.jpg

Compact digital camera once again..dont need my slr anymore if its taking photos like these!!

hmmm I think next time I will shoot in RAW mode on the digi and try that..

Just shot in jpeg..

IMG_0428a_resize.jpg

The DoF on those flowers....hubba hubba.

The shots of the girl in zombie mode, is that a re-shoot or part of the original set? has a *the walking dead* feel to it..

the brushes you used in the top left, could do with a few more scattered around the border, but not too much.

I finally got round to editing to the rest of the photos. few more on the blog if you keen to check it out.

I haven't use any brushes actually. Those marks were already there on the ceiling. Perhaps the 2nd pic in the black and white looks a lot less because I shot that at f1.2 and focused on the hands hence why everything else is all blurred out.

Yea does have a walking dead feel to it. I just wish the makeup artist was there that day. Would have been so much better. Cant wait to re-shoot it.

Just got back from a super duper hot wedding day in Fiji. I think it was almost 40 degrees. Was sweating like crazy. Cant believe the guys wore suits all day.

I don't think I have ever drank so much water in one day lol..

Just a random pic showing the coconut trees and the crystal water:

Lighting: 430exii off camera at 1/32th of fill on the face.

tam.jpg

That Fiji shot is 100% amazing.

The clarity and lighting...uuughhh..so good.

what settings/gear did you use for that shot?

Thanks man :) Glad you liked it.

Settings:

f10

1/125th

ISO 250

430exii off camera flash.. probably at 1/32th power for fill on face.. maybe 1/16th power.. cant remember now..

So most grooms arrive on a horse but yesterday I photographed one arriving on a boat!!!! Not just any small boat but think I heard someone say its 35 ft? Lots of bhangra dancing on the boat while cruising in the harbour :) Had so much fun!!

Horse example:

8.jpg

On BOAT!!!

Just a random pic straight out of the camera.. damn dust spots :(

Harsh mid-day sun so flash was used!!

IMG_5294.jpg

Found a better pic of the boat..

Straight out of the camera.... damn those dust spots are chronic :(

IMG_5303.jpg

CCD clean stat...

i do my own with a static brush and some alcohol... hic...

M

I know :( gonna get it cleaned soon.. Atleast they are in the corner lol..

During the wedding ceremony I had time to "pick on people" (I like to call it) and capture emotions/expression of a single person in large group of people. I'm really trying to hoon my skills on this. I'm sure everyone can capture group of people laughing or smiling but I want to do something different.

Every single person apart from the little kid is looking towards the front, but this little boy had his own thoughts. Perhaps he was staring at me trying to figure out what I was doing in the corner away from everyone. Or perhaps just an innocent kid just staring at me and not thinking about anything. This is what I want to show in my images. That is show the emotion of one person in a large group that sets them apart from others.

F2, 1/200th

IMG_9320_resize.jpg

Anyways so I was rushing out of the ceremony thinking the couple wanted to do some shots so took my external light and was changing all the settings when I noticed this cute little baby. But totally forgot I had my triggers on so basically two flashes going off plus window light. Dress is overblown but meh.. THE EYES!!!!!!!!!

l001_resize.jpg

So what happens when you take a toy away from a baby?

this:

toytaken_resize.jpg

This one is so cute!!!

IMG_0815_resize-1.jpg

Just street photography.. no flash.. just natural light.

IMG_9853_resize.jpg

IMG_9845_resize.jpg

IMG_9850_resize.jpg

hmmm photobucket is making the last image look even darker..Anyways sin city style :)

Whos idea was it to have the blue frame? its a nice touch!

Also for future ref, when you go to use glasses with a clear lens, have a go with the lenses removed...comes out a lot better in pics! :)

Your photos make me jelly.

I ask the clients to bring the props to suit their own personality. Yea good idea about removing the lens from the glasses. I think the last photobooth I did the client did that.

Cheers man :)

Photographed a huge three day wedding in Canberra this Easter weekend. Groom is also fellow forum member here.

Also gave me a chance to really test out the 5d3. Few issues with it, but overall seems like a great camera.

5d3, 135L, f2

I loved how the whole subject is in focus and super sharp. Pretty much straight out of the camera. Just increase in contrast, +5 in saturation, +5 clarity and that's it.

Sidd-Rishi-001_resize.jpg

Here is a 12800 ISO shots.

No editing whats so ever. Handheld image in the pitch black and focus was so quick.

exif should be intact:

SiddRishia001_resize.jpg

One more ISO 12800 shot.

No editing, hand held shot.

SiddRishiab001_resize.jpg

For websize you can hardly see any noise. But amazed at how quick the focus was in near pitch black conditions.

Here is a 100% crop. Not to bad actually.

I think there is about 1/2-1stop better in noise performance.

SiddRishiab001_resize100.jpg

Photo taken at 2.30am in the morning. Yup 2.30am :)

This one was with a 5d2. I was using the 5d3 at the start but then for some reason I couldn't change the aperture lol. Turned the camera on and off but still couldnt change it. Change lenses thinking something was loose etc but still no luck. So grabbed my 5d2 instead.

Next morning I realized the lock button was on hahahaha. I think the long day affected my thinking. But seriously no idea why canon put a lock button down the bottom. Who uses the lock button anyways??

Sidd-Rishi-2001b_resize.jpg

The photo from the april 10 post!! wooo, the lighting appeals to me a lot.

Did you use some sort of underlit setup for the flowers on the table behind them?

Not sure how you did the light on the people, it looks like some amazing omni light is infront of them with a warm glow...not sure if lightroom or done right there...I guess I am trying to say, I really like it!

Captured the subject so well.

Edited by koguchi

Thanks man. Basically used the overhead light from above which was already there and then a tungsten constant light on the couple. Just one light from my end and utilized the ambient light around the place.

Glad you liked the pic. Cheers mate.

1.jpg

11.jpg

30.jpg

Rest here if you keen to see Part 1 of the story: http://sidd-rishi.com.au/blog/2/tamara-graemes-wedding-at-shangri-la-resort-fiji-part-1/