Sign in to follow this  
AA553

Skinny kid trying to get big

Hey guys

Over the past few months ive been on/off exercising with weights, crunches etc.

By far ive seen results and I am quite pleased. But I have no goal, no diet nor a fitness program. Ive attempted to make one though have failed multiple times.

Basically I want to get ripped, shredded whatever you want to call it. I have minimal body fat so that is already a plus.

My stats:

Weight: 57kg

Height: 186cm

I do have protein powder...

You get the picture.

Another thing is I have 5 days of school, 2 days of work. So I have no free days meaning I workout at home.

I have benchpress (with leg weights) and two dumbbels.

My diet usually consists of this:

Breakfast: 2-3 fried eggs w/ 2 cups of orange juice

Brunch: Chocolates biscuits

Lunch: Tuna sandwich (10g protein)

Tea: Another Tuna sandwich (10g protein)

Dinner: Rice, Pasta, Pizza, Kebabs etc (varys)

If you guys could give me advice, tips or point me in the right directions it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers quagmire.gif

Buy weight gain protein and keep eating regularly. Hit the gym and do minimal cardio and lots of weights.

No wonder your skinny, your diet couldn't feed a new born!.

I work around 90 hours a week, and I still find 2-3 nights to spend 2-3 hours at the gym.

Im sure you could find time if you really wanted to get big.

Pick up the bench press of the floor, clean it, do a front squat then overhead press it :P

Do the beginners program, which requires a rack of some sort and decent weights. And go get some real food whilst your at it.

Double all your meals and add in 2 more. Replace the chocolate biscuits with Peanut butter sandwiches.

Oh, and drink 4L of full cream milk every day.

What are peoples thoughts on drinking raw eggs? Just want personal opinions, I know all the side effects, bioavailbility etc

Buy weight gain protein and keep eating regularly. Hit the gym and do minimal cardio and lots of weights.

Yea man thats the basics. Need more detailed advice

If you're serious, read everything you can in here http://www.ptcfranks...newsletter.html

It's a bit of work to get through it all but it's a lifetime of knowledge.

Will definately read when I get time too, looks like a good source :)

No wonder your skinny, your diet couldn't feed a new born!.

I work around 90 hours a week, and I still find 2-3 nights to spend 2-3 hours at the gym.

Im sure you could find time if you really wanted to get big.

Im trying man. Ive got 6 weeks holidays now, so Ill be going flat out 4-5 day a week working out.

Pick up the bench press of the floor, clean it, do a front squat then overhead press it tongue.gif

Do the beginners program, which requires a rack of some sort and decent weights. And go get some real food whilst your at it.

Got a bench press currently. Im not a beginner ;-) Just need to boost to the next level.

Double all your meals and add in 2 more. Replace the chocolate biscuits with Peanut butter sandwiches.

Will do, thanks man.

4 litres? Are you serious? Could you tell me why?

You have just proven that you are a beginner by your reply. We are trying to help. Read over the newsletters and then come back and reply. Most of your questions will be answered.

Boost what to the next level? lol

3 weight sessions a week is plenty, id say even 2 is plenty at your stage.

To get big, you have to eat enough calories and protein.

Your current equipment is not ideal but is workable if you don't wana buy new equipment or join a gym.

If you have enough weights then you can still perform the basics of squatting, pressing, cleaning, and pulling.

Edited by J3TR33

This is one of the beginner programs. Don't change it. Eat frequent meals, 5-6 meals a day, protein in each meal. Steak, chicken, tuna, fish, fruits, veggies, oats, milk.

Bodyweight in pounds x 20 cl is your calorie intake. For you it would be around 2500 calories, depending on your activity level as well.

Follow this, and progressively add weights. You will grow if your effort is there and are consistent.

"Now, if your a beginner, here is what you need to do, for between 3-12 months.

Squat 3 x 10

Bench press 3 x 8

Bent row 3 x 8

Military press 3 x 8

SLDL 3 x 8

BB curl 3 x 8

"

I was going to say the exact same thing.

Whatever you're eating now Double it and add milk.

Got Milk?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/paul1.htm

What are peoples thoughts on drinking raw eggs? Just want personal opinions, I know all the side effects, bioavailbility etc

Eggs raw = losing a large percentage of protein. Or so I've heard.

Cook em up bro.

I work around 90 hours a week

I have worked 2 fulltime jobs back to back. I know what's involved - 6am wake up, 12am go to bed, and that was only 70hrs a week. Explain 90hrs/week working plus 2-3 nights of 2-3hrs a week in the gym to me.

Ps. To the mod who edited my first post, why? It's a valid point. I've called bs on it so he should explain it, otherwise he should retract the comment. I'm not having a go at him, simply don't believe him.

Work is not an excuse for not training. June-August this year I was doing regular stints of 13 & 19 days straight the only days I didn't train was when I worked 8am to 1am ie 17 hours straight, I'd only had 2 days off in a month at one stage. So I planned my rest days accordingly. My diet, rest etc was average and I didn't make much gains during the time but it was more about maintaining strength so when work returned to normal I wasn't a fat weak piece of crap again.

You will not change unless you have the desire to do so. Work out when you can train rather then making excuses for why you can't. PS Good luck.

Edited by 7MA61

As everyone prob sais, it's ur diet, training and ur sleeping, alot of my mates compete and are big boys and they all put gym food and sleep b4 anything, no use asking for

Guidance if u won't follow through,

2-3 hrs a night at gym is bad if u wanna bulk cause that causes muscle breakdown, should train at a hi intensity level for 65-75 mins, 2 body parts a night if u wanna get big quick train with big guys, proof is in the pudding, when I started a few yrs back I put on 10 clean kg in 13 months, i now weigh a comfortable 96kg and I'm 5"10 and pretty lean though I'm looking to get to 105 with the same amount of body fat this time

Nxt year,

As per above, its your diet :)

Also I'd recommend training full body 3 times a week...

I feel sorry for anyone working more than 40hours a week. I hope your earning some serious $$$ :)

I feel sorry for anyone working more than 40hours a week. I hope your earning some serious $$$ :)

When I was 18yo, 2 dead end jobs back to back = $1400/week before tax.

Through my research into the topic (not at all interested in bodybuilding though, but strength), to increase size you want to eat a lot (like, getting fat basically), and work out to failure.

Quality food is important, so quality proteins like tuna, milk, etc. Avoid adding unnecessary sugars/empty calories.

Don't worry about fat gain either, not to begin with, add as much muscle as possible, THEN worried about being ripped. Theres different nutritional goals for having low body fat and body building, and you can't have both at the same time. Make the muscle big, then lose all the excess fat. You might look funny for a while but unfortunately unless you're extremely lucky you can't go from "skinny" to "Stallone" in one step.

There are a few nice exercises that can make you bigger/stronger in multiple muscle groups at a time, for example, deadlifts. I think your best bet to save time is to focus on doing as broad a strokes as possible until you start to get larger, and then become more focused on areas you think you want to accentuate.

Cause really, you will look funny if you have huge pectoral muscles and tiny little legs. Just saying.

Through my research into the topic (not at all interested in bodybuilding though, but strength), to increase size you want to eat a lot (like, getting fat basically), and work out to failure.

Quality food is important, so quality proteins like tuna, milk, etc. Avoid adding unnecessary sugars/empty calories.

You want to eat a lot of quality food. Its not like getting fat.

You DO NOT want to workout to failure every time. And don't keep pushing beyond failure with someone's assistance. Once you fail you fail, stop and try the set again after a short break if you like :)

Try the skinny guy routine and eating clean. The volume will depend on your bodytype, if your super skinny and want to gain mass then you can eat quite a lot.

If your carb sensitive or trying to lose weight you'll want to watch your carb levels carefully.

There's plenty of info here http://ptcfrankston.com/newsletter.html

Don't worry about fat gain either, not to begin with, add as much muscle as possible, THEN worried about being ripped. Theres different nutritional goals for having low body fat and body building, and you can't have both at the same time. Make the muscle big, then lose all the excess fat. You might look funny for a while but unfortunately unless you're extremely lucky you can't go from "skinny" to "Stallone" in one step.

There are a few nice exercises that can make you bigger/stronger in multiple muscle groups at a time, for example, deadlifts. I think your best bet to save time is to focus on doing as broad a strokes as possible until you start to get larger, and then become more focused on areas you think you want to accentuate.

Cause really, you will look funny if you have huge pectoral muscles and tiny little legs. Just saying.

The Truth About Bulking

There is no need to "bulk" , just to eat clean and lots of food where appropriate.

Try the skinny guy routine...I think this is it here AusBB beginners program

I feel sorry for anyone working more than 40hours a week. I hope your earning some serious $$ :)

When I was 18yo, 2 dead end jobs back to back = $1400/week before tax.

thats mint as lol

- Buy a good Multi-vitamin.

- Lift atleast for 1hr for 3 times a week. Try for 3-4 exercises per body part

- 3 sets for 6-8 reps of heavy weight. Concentrate on form.

- Drink plenty of water, preferably after you eat, not before.

- Aviod more then 30 minutes of cardio (sports, running etc)

- Aim for at least: 3500 calories, 200g protien. (6-7 small meals a day)

- Avoid eating raw eggs unless they 100% organic/natural.

- Avoid junk foods, clean bulking is always best.

- Stay consistent. Results come with patients.