Sign in to follow this  
Gurglar

Bench vs Bent rows

So just wondering what I should be able to lift more in bench press or bent barbell rows?

i recall markos stating that his bench was equal to his bent over row (1rms) and that's why he never had a serious injury all of those years of lifting... except the pec tear.

hence, they should be equal

i can 1 rm bench 150kg... but struggle to bench row 110kg + with perfect technique... that's saying something isnt it...

i reckon for the amount of work you do on bench, you should do just as much if not more on other exercises like bent over rows, shrugs and cleans and good mornings to keep your posture perfect.

mine is about the same as well, although i dont really bench much anymore around 110 on both

It should be about even but lets face it no one gere is going to have a bigger bent row than bench. If you get close you're doing well.

My bent rows have always been around the same as my incline bench. And both have usually matched my body weight, for reps that is. I havent really made much of an effort on those 2 exercises though.

Bent Rows have probally helped me the most for my deadlifts!