6778432378_787b485e0c_b.jpg

Nice pics love that last one!

Some stars...

6930928973_2d8fb3e817_z.jpg

IMG_2541 by JasonrobsonPhotography, on Flickr

One from winton

6930922187_74edfaa32a_z.jpg

IMG_3416 by JasonrobsonPhotography, on Flickr

And a couple from the tuffcore shoot.... most ive used my camera in ages! Slowly getting better too...

6784789758_5b55425de5_z.jpg

IMG_2480 by JasonrobsonPhotography, on Flickr

6930896297_688fa6515d_z.jpg

IMG_2450 by JasonrobsonPhotography, on Flickr

You guys are really good, I'm using some shitty Fuji camera... wish I had better. The settings are very limited and getting some minor details is tricky.

DSCF0816.JPG

Quick question, how much "photoshopping" (or similar) have you done to your pictures?

I use lightroom and generally tuch up the white balance and make some exposure changes if i have to...

While i love my 60D you can still get good results with a P & S. Its how i learnt.... here are some pics i took with one back when i was 16 - 17?

6260565670_8e9df6063f.jpg

Ride_into_the_sunrise by JasonrobsonPhotography, on Flickr

6260007079_ffa4d891e1.jpg

Rocky_ocean by JasonrobsonPhotography, on Flickr

6260007097_cc1c860478.jpg

Down_the_road by JasonrobsonPhotography, on Flickr

Yeah right, cool, guess I just need to practice more.

What's a good starting point to tackle?

Get a copy of lightroom. I'm not afraid to admit it helps me with a lot of my pics. It can turn an average photo into a pretty good photo. Other than that just practise. Try different angles, perspectives etc. Read up, see what other people are doing. I think im slowly improving but know i have a LONG way to go before id call myself decent haha

Nice Timmy :D

Few GoPro shots..

cant beleive the quality of the go pro eric, compared to my olf first gen go pro, the HD takes amazing pics.

Yeah right, cool, guess I just need to practice more.

What's a good starting point to tackle?

i would also recomend Adobe Lightroom for editing, so much more simplified than photoshop.

LOL. because it was captured on a digital camera, then stored on a computer and displayed on an electronic device you could say it's computer generated.:P

6930680713_692ebc49ff_b.jpg

Just seems like part of an FMV from a Playstation 1 game about car racing rather than a real photo.

Perhaps too much editing - I just dislike it/that style.

I really like that style of photon vandalism, really cool and super impressive.

Does it work during the day? I'm guessing not as all the photos are at night.

does your camera not have a bulb function for the exposure? I thought most cameras would..

mine maxes out at about 30 seconds, but you can tether it to a laptop and change it to the bulb function, hit shutter...walk away :D

Adelaide Oval

Taken 6th March 2012

Australia vs Sri Lanka Second Final

This pano is a combination of 51 images, transferred into HDR, photos merged together, reduced noise, slight change in vibrance and clarity.

6980812491_bd76553d26_b.jpg

thats umm different. I think it's a little oversaturated but you've done a good job stitching people together. I hate how they move. damn people :P

At first I was like ahhh my eyes the saturation it burns..

But after a few mins of staring at it, I don't mind it, overall its a pretty sweet picture.

The city buildings in the far background looks great.

Don't shoot into the sun they say...

6837885008_ed17166f00_b.jpg

Run!(if the compression/colours are shite it's because this one is hosted on FB and not flickr. can't upload from work ;/)

425797_240653689363693_100002571917267_495952_1195261354_n.jpg

first rule of digital editing, never use the lens flare effect.

the picture above it however...amazing.

Looks alright, little bit of CC incoming.

I'm not a portrait photographer but I do enjoy image retouching.

The things that stick out for me may not stick out for others...but anyway here goes.

The smoothing on the forearm (or shoulder? its hard to tell) under the hair appears to be overdone, sorta looks like a masked motion blur its that full on (more so when contrasted to the face that is very close and not as smoothed)

The hair directly above it, it also appears to be softened, but the further you go up, the hair is super sharp so it creates a strange contrast.

With the way the blacks have been pulled up, on the right side of the face, the change of contrast between skin and hair is so strong and sharp that the head almost appears to be detached from the picture..(if that makes sense?)

I'm only saying this because I would hope you would do the same for me. I know your an amazing photographer, I'm just trying to help, please dont hate me :woot:

What did you run the image through? LR? PS? Have you used apeature? http://www.apple.com/aperture/ it is amazing when it comes to portrait editing.

Edited by koguchi

Sign in to follow this