Sign in to follow this  
SR20NA

Energy Drinks

Do you drink. Which one.   

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drink energy drinks

On today tonight tonight there was a story on energy drinks and how safe they are and all that crap. We've been seeing this since they came around years ago, somone drinks 10-12 in less then an hour and commits a robbery, blames the drinks.

i wanna no what you guys think.

do you drink them ?

if so how many.

do you think there unsafe, and feel the need to tell everyone that you see drinking them

or do you feel people should harden then f*ck up, and take the suffer the conscequence for thier actions.

http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/article/5207518/health/energy-drink-concerns

thats the story as well

I dont really drink them that often. I believe they are dangerous if you drink a large quantity of them in a small space of time. My friend did this and we had to call an ambulance as he collapsed and his heart was beating stupidly fast. The recommended amount is a guideline, you could get away with having maybe a couple more, but it depends on how your body reacts to it I guess.

I used to drink 1-2 a day, for a few months straight. Started getting the shakes randomly, stopped drinking them and the shakes stopped too.

Now i only drink them on occasion

I don't drink them if I can avoid them but I do like some like, V, Monster and Mother.

If I drink even just a small 250m one, the next day I feel like shit. Feel worse then I did before I drank it but coming off of 12hour night shift they can help at the time. They don't make me feel more awake, just I can't sleep but feel tired.

I don't think they are dangerous, just the people who drink heaps of them in a short time, are stupid. If your going nuts on them, then yeah, just like booze, your going to have a problem.

EDIT: they also make me shake after having one. It's just the crazy amounts of sugar and caffeine then having a crash and makes you feel like you need more.

too much of anything is bad for you.

there was a thread on energy drinks a while ago

i like rockstar juiced or the normal monster ones

but yeah they make me anxious

i only really have them at like 5pm on a weekend if im partying that night, will stop me getting sleepy and passing out

Apologise i didnt realise there was one already. Shoulda done a better search.

i was a massive fan of them for a while, then found them just not working, so slowed down, only really drink on the weekend, i wont lie, ill smash a fair few vodka redulls on a night, and be sweet. i just enjoy the taste.

I love energy drinks, they are awesome. I buy a 4 pack (500ml) of either mother or 6 pack (500ml) of wicked every 1-2 nights cause they are cheap and I enjoy the little extra adrenaline rush (not lately though as I cbf going to servo late at night). They are pretty addictive and I down that shit all in one night. But then again, my sleeping pattern is fkd and I don't sleep until late morning.. I would look like this after 2-3 cans of 500ml energy drink --> Drugs_0541.gif

And no I don't think it's unsafe to drink them.. Throughout the day I would grab one everytime I grab something to eat, feel fine..

I love them, but they are bad for you, and soooo addictive! :wub:

Can't stand most of the soft drinks + energy drinks anymore, they can make you feel crappy. Water is the best drink.

I was going to suggest that they'd give people mad anxiety but then I've had anxiety problems and I buy at least 2 coffees a day.

I'm not even going to respond to what today/tonight said, blaming your actions on an energy drink is just retarded.

I love the taste of most of them (except red bull) but try and stay away from them because they really are unhealthy. Also get the shakes etc if i have more than one.

Used to drink alcoholic ones back when i was 18 because they were cheap as, smashed about 14 in a night once... didnt sleep, was shaking and heart hurt all day.... wasnt good. Never again.

i started drinking them at random, then went to buying at least 1 a day and finally got to the point of just buying boxes as it was cheaper. then in year 12 at school i did a biology assignment on them got scared out of my mind and went cold turkey! now i drink them in small amounts which is still bad but i know the risks. i have no more than 1 a week.

some are worse than others but like it has already been said they are like cig's :(

(if anybody is actually more interested PM me and i could prob dig up some old info for you)

I like v and redbull but usually don't drink much because they're so damn expensive and I'd prefer beer. Having said that, every now and then i end up with a free case at my disposal and go nuts...can't drink too much though because they give me the shakes as well lol. Lately the shell servos have had the 8 500ml cans for $12.95 so I take em to work and have one of those a day

Edited by MILK-13

Yea thats another thing, how do you think it pans up against coffee?

my new addiction are these , for those who havnt tried them, i think they are great. taste like ice coffee

monster_xpresso_hammer.jpg

Should try the new V ice coffee, taste really nice..

Jtec. Clem works out cheaper and gives you a bigger rush.

What is clem? Lol

Jtec. Clem works out cheaper and gives you a bigger rush.

What is clem? Lol

Google Clenbuterol + fat loss ...

Absolutly love mother! And yea that mister xpresso is awsome haven't tried the V one yet.

Oh, clen.. If I wanted a bigger rush I would be taking other things..

Should really try the V one, it's awesomeeeeeee

Sorry iPhone fail posting. Clen and some acid, beats a short black

Fark that, just go straight to Coke and Acid. Pretty sure that wins :sick:

The chemicals in energy drinks are classes as mutagens, they cause mutations in DNA, which in turn CAN cause cancer.

Coffee is far better for you.

used to drink 2 bottles of red bull a day

started getting really bad head aches when i did anything that needed me to strain. stopped

you all need to try duramine lol you'll lose weight and be up for days.

A mate was taking that stuff and said he never knew he could shit like he did while he was on that stuff!

Said it was like an oil slick ontop of the water haha

don't drink them, may as well down 500ml of poison.

also, red bull and mother just smell like dirty clubs. reminds me too much of vomit... :puke:

my friends drink heaps. they're like "omg i'm sleepy, need MOOOTTHHHEERRRR"

yeh...coz that's better than a proper sleeping pattern and a couple pieces of fruit :whistle:

im f**king inlove with the TASTE of these things... redbul. v and mother.... BUT i dont drink them for the energy hit or watever.

i made a thread ages ago about knock off drink that tastes like them but dosent contain the taurine and caffine and gurana... but to no avail :(