Sign in to follow this  
steveP

Disturbing Movies

I was hoping to see it in the cinema to see everyone's horrified reactions lol.

^^ it definitely gives a new meaning to "ass to mouth" :o

i watched human centipede 2, absolute shit it is.

no way like the first one, just a bunch of random shit really

Bit of a thread revival.

Found this link.

100 Most Controversial Films.

http://www.filmsite....sialfilms1.html

Pretty interesting read with a lot of movies in there you wouldn't expect. I've probably seen at least half of them.

Bit NWS though.

Bookmarked, Thanks for this!

Just had a read through this thread again and there's a lot of good discussion and movies recommened.

An update on movies I've seen over the last year or so that I would recommend.

These are a list of 'classics' from the 70s that were controversial at the time but are a little tame today. All really good movies and unique in their own way worth checking out.

A Clockwork Orange - Set in sort of a dytopian future where gangs run the world, you follow Alex, a leader of a gang who tries to get reformed. It's a British film and has a lot of charm.

El Topo - A true spaghetti western where a cowboy encounters weird and surreal characters along his journey. Feels like watching a messed up dream or being on drugs.

Eraserhead - A film that kick started David Lynch's career in film making. He has a surreal film style where all the worries of the world are exaggerated. This is a borderline horror film; and the baby scene is pretty messed up.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers - A classic horror film where aliens are taking over the world by cloning people when they fall asleep. Like a lot of good horror movies of the time, the scares are in what you can't see.

Rosemary's Baby - A film about a satanic cult trying to trick women into getting pregnant and taking their babies. I could see this being very disturbing for women.

Pink Flamingos - A truely messed up movie that's trying to be messed up. Drag queens, torture, eating shit, it's all here.

These are probably the most gory movies I've seen.

Come and See - A war epic about a teenage boy trying to survive the Nazis as they invade. However it's not told as a war movie, but a survival movie. This had me thinking about what I had just seen for days.

Ichi the Killer - A Japanese horror movie about a boy sexually confused who goes on killing rampages. There's a lot of torture in this.

These aren't so much disturbing in a physical sense, but in a mental/psychological way. They're all movies you'll think about for days later.

Bad Boy Bubby - A story of a man with a mental disability who is forced to live with his grotty mother who rapes him. This was filmed here in Adelaide.

Blue Velvet - Another David Lynch movie about a teenager who discovers the ugly underworld of his town. This is a very good crime type film that I would highly recommend.

Cube - A group of strangers wake up in a room not knowing how they got there, much like the Saw films. They soon discover they are in a giant contraption that's nearly impossible to escape.

Happiness - A film that tackles the subject of pedophiles and other strange sexual issues. The style of this film making is great and another movie I would highly recommend.

Welcome to the Dollhouse - From the same director as Happiness, this tells the story of a 13 year old girl growing up and being bullied. Probably the least disturbing movie here, but it tackles some touchy topics.

More so horror movies than disturbing movies, but I can definitely see these disturbing some people.

28 Days Later - A zombie movie leaps and bounds ahead of all the other zombie stuff out there. Filmed in England and based on a contagious virus, this movie feels very realistic and could potentially happen with chemical warfare.

28 Weeks Later - The sequel to the above movie. You'll be hungry for more after the first film and this is a must watch.

Natural Born Killers - Two psychopaths go on a killing spree across america. The filming of this movie is very unique and is a work of art. A must see.

More of a modern genre of films that deal with real world issues that disturb people.

Red State - A movie that came out last year that flew under the radar. This film depicts heavily religious christians in America who take it to almost a cult status. They actually have a plan to start killing everyone in the town to 'clense' them. There were a few moments in this that took me by surprise and shocked me.

Elephant - A movie depicting the Columbine shooting. It's told in a very unique way though. The film will follow a student for about 10 minutes going about their business in the school. Then it will go back in time and follow another student until you see the student you were following in the background. So you're trying to piece together what's happening and who the killers will be. Great movie, but it's a little slow.

We Need to Talk About Kevin - A movie about a similar issue as above (high school massacre), but focusing more on the evil child and how some people are destined for evil.

An American Crime - A true story where a girl is imprisoned in a basement and humiliated by her foster family and neighbours. Actually a well written movie with some disturbing (bottle rape) scenes.

And finally, some disturbing documentaries.

The Bridge - A documentary about people who commit suicide from the Golden Gate bridge. It follows the lives of a few people who died and what forced them to jump. There's a lot of footage of people jumping.

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father - The story of a man killed and the suspected killer is his ex wife. It then goes into the custody of the yet-to-be-born baby and the terrible tragedy that happens. This is a film that a lot of people cried in, and I'm sure you will if you have kids.

Zoo - A very stylised account of the death of Mr Hands, a man who had sex with horses and died from it. It's a very uncomfortable watch if you like to challege yourself.

Edited by steveP

watched the human centipede

Watched part 1 and part 2

Seriously f**ked up I dont know of Any other movies that are that messed up

I don't know how you people can watch these sort of movies

It makes me feel so freaking sick

@ A Serbian Film

Has anyone seen both the uncut and cut version?

I'm not sure If I watched the uncut version and want to find out. 4 minutes has been edited out in the cut versions and I was wondering which parts. Don't really wanna watch the whole thing again to find out what they edited out but I'm struggling to find info about it through google.

Im pretty sure i watch the uncut version.

I got a 139min version? should only go for 104mins or 99mins

But Im pretty sure they cut out the new born rape and the sence where he's still raping the chick after cutting her head off.

How the **++ do you sit through a whole movie like that ?

I must be such a soft cock

Call me what you like but there is no way I could watch any thing like that

@ A Serbian Film

Has anyone seen both the uncut and cut version?

I'm not sure If I watched the uncut version and want to find out. 4 minutes has been edited out in the cut versions and I was wondering which parts. Don't really wanna watch the whole thing again to find out what they edited out but I'm struggling to find info about it through google.

Im pretty sure i watch the uncut version.

I got a 139min version? should only go for 104mins or 99mins

But Im pretty sure they cut out the new born rape and the sence where he's still raping the chick after cutting her head off.

How the **++ do you sit through a whole movie like that ?

I must be such a soft cock

Call me what you like but there is no way I could watch any thing like that

Call me weird or what ever, but I could easily sit through gory and disturbing movie no matter what it is. But the other day my mate had a Zoo magazine with a big section of "reader injuries", couldn't get past the second page because it grossed me out so much.

Also seen the uncut and cut version of Serbian Film, you miss out on so much of the good gore with the cut version. Like the whole BJ choke to death scene is speed over, and the baby rape bit.

Just had a read through this thread again and there's a lot of good discussion and movies recommened.

An update on movies I've seen over the last year or so that I would recommend.

These are a list of 'classics' from the 70s that were controversial at the time but are a little tame today. All really good movies and unique in their own way worth checking out.

Pink Flamingos - A truely messed up movie that's trying to be messed up. Drag queens, torture, eating shit, it's all here.

Really want to see this now.

watched the human centipede

Watched part 1 and part 2

Seriously f**ked up I dont know of Any other movies that are that messed up

They are both really tame brooooo

Pink Flamingos has a lot of shock moments where it's trying to freak out the viewers. However the storyline is pretty horrible.

the freakiest and most disturbing movie ever...

Where The Wild Things Are

what the f**k ! just..... what the f**k

Pink Flamingos has a lot of shock moments where it's trying to freak out the viewers. However the storyline is pretty horrible.

Oh totally forgot about the chicken f**king scene and this being the first movie to use 'The Bird Is The Word' song during a weird contortionist scene.

@ A Serbian Film Has anyone seen both the uncut and cut version? I'm not sure If I watched the uncut version and want to find out. 4 minutes has been edited out in the cut versions and I was wondering which parts. Don't really wanna watch the whole thing again to find out what they edited out but I'm struggling to find info about it through google.
Im pretty sure i watch the uncut version. I got a 139min version? should only go for 104mins or 99mins But Im pretty sure they cut out the new born rape and the sence where he's still raping the chick after cutting her head off.
How the **++ do you sit through a whole movie like that ? I must be such a soft cock Call me what you like but there is no way I could watch any thing like that

I totally agree with you, I can't understand why people would want to see movies like this.

I am totally content going through life without watching movies like these.

@ A Serbian Film Has anyone seen both the uncut and cut version? I'm not sure If I watched the uncut version and want to find out. 4 minutes has been edited out in the cut versions and I was wondering which parts. Don't really wanna watch the whole thing again to find out what they edited out but I'm struggling to find info about it through google.
Im pretty sure i watch the uncut version. I got a 139min version? should only go for 104mins or 99mins But Im pretty sure they cut out the new born rape and the sence where he's still raping the chick after cutting her head off.
How the **++ do you sit through a whole movie like that ? I must be such a soft cock Call me what you like but there is no way I could watch any thing like that

I totally agree with you, I can't understand why people would want to see movies like this.

I can agree with this sentiment, and that is coming from an old school horror movie fan, some genres are just taken way to far into "snuff" territory.

There must be something about the psychology of people that actually truly enjoy these kinds of extreme depictions torture that separates them form regular society.

Normally the horror genre carries a level of catharsis or a kind of excitement transfer, but perhaps this extreme kind of horror or gore is a symptom of the desensitisation of society as a whole?

Link related

Understanding the Popular Appeal of Horror Cinema: An Integrated-Interactive Model

I can agree with this sentiment, and that is coming from an old school horror movie fan, some genres are just taken way to far into "snuff" territory.

There must be something about the psychology of people that actually truly enjoy these kinds of extreme depictions torture that separates them form regular society.

Normally the horror genre carries a level of catharsis or a kind of excitement transfer, but perhaps this extreme kind of horror or gore is a symptom of the desensitisation of society as a whole?

Link related

Understanding the Popular Appeal of Horror Cinema: An Integrated-Interactive Model

I love movies like A Serbian Film purely to see if I can sit through something so twisted and demented to really appreciate it for what it is, a movie with imagery and themes that are designed PURELY to stay with you for a long time. Horror films these days come and go and are forgotten within a few months/ years, but movies like Serbian film, Salo, Martyrs etc etc are made purely to shock you and stay with you for as long as possible, which is what every director who makes a movie sets out to do. Only difference being instead of it being a movie like say Star Wars or James Bond which are plot driven and instant classics, these movies are so horrific in nature that they have to stay with you!

I don't feel that because I enjoy these movies I have a psychology that separates me from regular society, I just really like how these movies push films boundaries. Look at what the original Psycho movie did back in the day. And the Exorcist. There will always be movies considered "extreme" but I think its only considered that way because of the times it was brought out in. Movies will continue to push the boundaries and will get worse.

In closing I completely understand why people wouldn't want to watch movies like this, but to each their own. I just like being shocked/ scared/ and movies to stay with me. Not forget about it the second I leave the cinema. Its kind of like music, some people like R'n'b, some like death metal. Others like pretty much anything. And I'm the latter.

I think most people like movies that move them emotionally, whether that be to scare you, humble you, make you happy, etc. Disturbing movies usually do a better job at provoking emotions with scenes that you'll remember. I guess not everyone is like this, but I and others are. Sort of like eating spicy food where you like things to be a bit intense.

I think most people like movies that move them emotionally, whether that be to scare you, humble you, make you happy, etc. Disturbing movies usually do a better job at provoking emotions with scenes that you'll remember. I guess not everyone is like this, but I and others are. Sort of like eating spicy food where you like things to be a bit intense.

I loooooooooove spicy food. I guess this all explains a lot about me haha

Nah I think your just farked up if you enjoy that shit :P

Seriously, each to their own, if you enjoy watching it, go for your life but I'm with the others. I'm just happy to watch things that make me feel good about life and are entertaining.

Just saw a movie that would fit nicely into the disturbing category; Deadgirl. All I'm going to say is 'zombie rape'. Even the movie poster looks like a dead vagina. I'll do a better write up in Flickfessions later.

215px-Deadgirl.jpg

Edited by steveP