Sign in to follow this  
Jcook

Canberra projects

must admit it would look tougher with a better set of jap wheels .

Please tell me that wasn't directed at a kit car.

yes indeed it was .

yes indeed it was .

Ugh, try harder kid.

hnng.jpg

Bodykit arrives tomorrow! All the panels except left 1/4 are already here all that's left is fmic, radiator, piping, oil cooler, turbo upgrade, new brakes, fitting and paint and I think that's all... Probably heaps more that I have forgotten... I just want my car back :-(

i just bought another 180 so i,l have to start a project thread soon..anyone got some nice jap rims for sale or 2 way diff??

i just bought another 180 so i,l have to start a project thread soon..anyone got some nice jap rims for sale or 2 way diff??

f**k you move from cars fast, i really liked your old Soarer dude

haha yeah i know i have a bit of a problem,i sold 2 last week and replaced them with 2 new ones this week!hopin to get this 180 out for some track time..

gunna be looking for 16 or 17's at max..want something that fills the guards good!

still didnt get chance of a few pics before dark..

anyways just perchased a nismo 2 way for the 180,and fitted a nice deep dish momo wheel i had.

gunna order me some pinnaples and try sort out some extra lock,what u'se recomend?

on other notes(for anyone interested!?) my other little project ke70 panno is takin shape too

im in the process of fitting a worked 4k motor and some nice twin 40's,hopefully be goin after the weekend

also fitted all new front steering arms,rotors,super pro bushes,lock spacer,ect so should be like new!!

and got 2 new pairs of rims for it so at the mo have

2-14x9-25 mk3's

2-14x9-20 mk1's

2-14x8.5-20 ssr formula mesh

thats all for now....

Edited by john84ie

oh how i envy your wheel collection sad.gif

I wouldn't really worry about getting more lock, s13's aren't too bad stock so maybe just get lock spacers until the rest of the suspension is dialed.

my new 180....

P1020265.jpg

check out my trust pipes,sweeeeet!!

P1020263.jpg

s15 seats

P1020275.jpg

P1020271.jpg

^^^^^ that was the bargain of the year... you're lucky u got in first....

haha shhhh!!!!

im never one to pass up a bargain!!

i landed yp with cash friday night,he said he had 4 different people looking at it the next day!

Saw my 180 in the workshop today!!

Just need front 1/4 panels and body is done... Still need few engine bits and bobs and need to get the new turbo's housing rotated to fit around the crappy manifold, Or buy a new mani... Maybe another month or two and she might back onthe road... After intercooler radiator brakes and paint are done. I get to sit and wait...

Saw my 180 in the workshop today!!

Just need front 1/4 panels and body is done... Still need few engine bits and bobs and need to get the new turbo's housing rotated to fit around the crappy manifold, Or buy a new mani... Maybe another month or two and she might back onthe road... After intercooler radiator brakes and paint are done. I get to sit and wait...

You'll always have your Barina power :P

It's the only effing thing that hasn't given me much trouble...

I've got the coolest new car project of a life time on the go from next week.

It's called an Ultima GTR

Good to see it finally happening Al.

167809_1676202978410_1037543440_1843161_5639978_n.jpg

Yeah i know.. nothing special. Just ordered the bodykit for it from the States :)

^ I was wondering what happened to that the other day actually, progress is always nice.

Almost ready for paint :-P

Sorry bout the large photos,uploaded on the iPhone and I dunno how to resize...

8e84f796.jpg

e855aa86.jpg

74b1d83e.jpg

Then rego... Yay :-D so excited!

Edited by Dub-D

sizes are fine mate , Looking good what colour are you going for ? also new turbo and stuff going in or something ?

Just stock white and getting all the scratches touched up so it looks brand new!

Just got new zurst, koyo copper radi, new black fmic, upgraded the t25 to an aftermarket t28bb, getting the type x kit fitted, new oil lines new coolant lines, getting all the brakes done... Been a big time consuming process... She hasn't run in 4 months now, can't wait till I at lest have her in my on garage rather than sitting in the workshop... After rego I am putting gtr seats in, and then just cosmetics like cf centre console, sound system (just headunit and speakers, no subs)

Just purchase a Onevia for a daily/project

This is my other car

P4130230.jpg

This is my recent purchase.

Bought it like this

262033_10150361255539838_698309837_10073807_7700743_n.jpg

170f2468.jpg

After a week its looking like this :)

c72900a6.jpg

42bed2d6.jpg

Sorry for crap photos.

just saw you r32 up for sale on SAU, what are you plans for the onevia?

f**king so cut i didn't buy that thing.

anything happening guys?very quiet in the ACT section these days.........

So havn't updated on what has happened to my car since for a while. Spun a bottom end bearing a while ago and was able to pick up a long motor for pretty cheap. New engine is in, running and all tuned up currently making 213rwkw @ 18psi full boost by 3800rpm. This is a little bit less than what it was making before but the car feels so much better. The acceleration is earlier and smoother and still pulls hard up top. Tuning was done at Autotech in Hume. Had a few problems during tuning as for some reason this engine wont take alot of ignition advance without pinging. Autotech arn't the cheapest around but are the only workshop in Canberra who will tune NISTUNE and do a good job.

Dyno.jpg

Engine Mods are:

GT2871R

555cc injectors

Z32 AFM

NISTUNE

Exhaust

Other Mods

Front strut brace

HSD HR coilovers 8/6

Styling Mods

GTR style grill

Thats it!

Stock FTW. Sleeper spec.

Don't knock the ironing board on the back either. I like it and it is staying.... :ph34r:

Wheels:

I have two main sets

Track wheels are Bronze Buddy club P1's fronts 17x8 +32, rear 17x9 +38

DSC_2810_01.JPG

Normal set

Gmax Drift 6 white 17x8 +35 all round.

1 - DSC_0052-SMALL.JPG

Plans for car

Just got this in the mail from Japan through Streeter

DSC_2798_01.JPG

Nismo 2 way :-D

I am really happy with the car at the moment so keen to get out and drive as much as possible.

Upcoming Events:

Spoke to A31Cefiro recently and we are going to try to organise another skidpan in the next few months.

MGCC are holding their motorkhana on 11 Sep 11 and 13 Nov 11.

I recently went to a track day at Marulan Driver Training Center (MDTC).MDTC linky

Despite the fact it rained the whole day had an awesome time.

I am gonna try and organise a NS.com track day out there before the end of the year. This will be grip not drift. cost will be $100 for a full day of driving and if you don't have a CAMS or AASA licence you can get a MDTC licence which will last you for a year for $30. I am waiting on a bit more info and to confirm a date but will put a post up when I know more.

I am definately keen to get out on the marulan track!

If your organising a track day at Marulan can you wait for me to get back in the country. :silly:

I freaken love that track!

If your going to do grip a 2 way might be too tight. I run a Cusco 2 way in my car and the thing keeps locking, making the exit at some corners a bit hairy. Especially the ones at Marulan with the dips.

Thanks for the dyno chart, it makes feel like all the money I poured into the rebuild of the CA worth it. Same turbo, 228rwkw 18psi, however more lag. Ed must have a thing for 18psi.......

So havn't updated on what has happened to my car since for a while. Spun a bottom end bearing a while ago and was able to pick up a long motor for pretty cheap. New engine is in, running and all tuned up currently making 213rwkw @ 18psi full boost by 3800rpm. This is a little bit less than what it was making before but the car feels so much better. The acceleration is earlier and smoother and still pulls hard up top. Tuning was done at Autotech in Hume. Had a few problems during tuning as for some reason this engine wont take alot of ignition advance without pinging. Autotech arn't the cheapest around but are the only workshop in Canberra who will tune NISTUNE and do a good job.

Dyno.jpg

Engine Mods are:

GT2871R

555cc injectors

Z32 AFM

NISTUNE

Exhaust

Other Mods

Front strut brace

HSD HR coilovers 8/6

Styling Mods

GTR style grill

Thats it!

Stock FTW. Sleeper spec.

Don't knock the ironing board on the back either. I like it and it is staying.... :ph34r:

Wheels:

I have two main sets

Track wheels are Bronze Buddy club P1's fronts 17x8 +32, rear 17x9 +38

DSC_2810_01.JPG

Normal set

Gmax Drift 6 white 17x8 +35 all round.

1 - DSC_0052-SMALL.JPG

Plans for car

Just got this in the mail from Japan through Streeter

DSC_2798_01.JPG

Nismo 2 way :-D

I am really happy with the car at the moment so keen to get out and drive as much as possible.

Upcoming Events:

Spoke to A31Cefiro recently and we are going to try to organise another skidpan in the next few months.

MGCC are holding their motorkhana on 11 Sep 11 and 13 Nov 11.

I recently went to a track day at Marulan Driver Training Center (MDTC).MDTC linky

Despite the fact it rained the whole day had an awesome time.

I am gonna try and organise a NS.com track day out there before the end of the year. This will be grip not drift. cost will be $100 for a full day of driving and if you don't have a CAMS or AASA licence you can get a MDTC licence which will last you for a year for $30. I am waiting on a bit more info and to confirm a date but will put a post up when I know more.