Sign in to follow this  
Jcook

Canberra projects

If your organising a track day at Marulan can you wait for me to get back in the country. :silly:

I freaken love that track!

If your going to do grip a 2 way might be too tight. I run a Cusco 2 way in my car and the thing keeps locking, making the exit at some corners a bit hairy. Especially the ones at Marulan with the dips.

Thanks for the dyno chart, it makes feel like all the money I poured into the rebuild of the CA worth it. Same turbo, 228rwkw 18psi, however more lag. Ed must have a thing for 18psi.......

Hang on what is wrong with Wheel spin and going sideways???

Sounds like a good plan to me!

I am not serious just want to go out and have some fun.

Send me a Pm and tell me when you get back in country and I'll see what I can do.

my panno is getting a new heart,4agte on the way..hopefully will get it all together in the next few months and have it out for a few meets/skidpans

5A5288A3-orig.jpg

EBCC8E68-orig.jpg

Ceffy got dropped off in Syd yesterday, the tonnes of excess wiring is being removed along with any unnecessary shit in the engine bay and a few other little things. Will be back in time for IDA day in June.

Just a quick update

just received some new goodies

New custom Billet twin plate clutch

billet twin intank pump kit

twin aeromotive fuel pumps 340lph

new diff with 4.368 ratio

Getting ready for the E85 conversion and vipec ecu.

Will upload when dyno tuned again.

IMGP6571.JPG

pump.jpg

twin pump.jpg

twin-plate-clutch.jpg

Edited by YLD500

Part 2 of my SR20DET rebuild.

I have almost collected all my parts and the machining is close to being finished. Should get the motor back next week then the re-assembly will begin... Engine swap straight after the upcoming skidpan and hoping like hell I can get it ready for Matsuri in Nov.

http://teamredstage.wordpress.com/2012/09/12/sr20det-part-2-the-long-wait/

Im on a 12 hour train trip so heres my other no nissan 4age panno!was trying to buy a nice type x recently so might have somethin you guys would like more to post up soon

2244ED83-0975-4E6A-9DCA-0157DF60BD33-1339-000003119148762B.jpg

chosen1's old silvia is getting a bit of a power upgrade :) Hoping for 260-300rwkw

Might go 6speed manual before it gets back on the road.

2013-02-042024282_zpsd69e2926.jpg

Just an update on the 4SKIDS 180.

Motor is coming out for a rebuild with

Manley 1000hp rods

darton sleeves

87mm mahle pistons

custom billet 300deg cams

solid head

full race twin scoll t4 twin gate manifold

twin MV-R 44mm wastegates

BIG Turbo but havent decided which one yet

C4 manualised auto with transbrake and reverse pattern shift.

6000 TCI converter

150hp wet nos kit

Car will be back on the road later in the year.

Is this thing still road registered?

Yes its staying street rego as the only mods are going to be to the motor and gearbox so unless you open the bonnet you wouldnt tell and im taking all the stickers off to make it more sleeperish except for the twin 44mm screamers out the side :)

So the tuner and i have settled on the Borg Warner EFR9180 1.05 rear for my setup. The tuner wanted a 71mm turbo but thinks the 9180 will be better for the auto and getting it on the converter so now we just have to get it all built and bolted together had this time were not going to push it to hard but its should be fun.

Scott @ Insight Motorsport is building and tuning it. The motor is mine but he is building it to his own specs with some secret tricks that he has learnt over the years.

Just wanting to know if anyone knows or can put me into contact with the Australian distributer for Vertex. Im after a Ridge widebody kit for my S14 Zenki

Get in contact with josh from jsai or go to his site and email him www.jsai.com.au i know he does S13 ridge widebody not sure if he does s14 rigde kits. I know his site isnt up to date either

Already tried him got quoted roughly $5000 to get one

JSAI's kits aren't genuine (be wary of things that have the word 'style' in their titles), the kit on Brennan's 180 looked quite good though (although 5k for a knockoff seems excessive, even if his work is good). You will be looking at significantly more than that to get a genuine kit from somebody though. Try posting in general and somebody might be able to put you in the right direction for the distributor.

get imported via streeter

will be a bit of a wait but heaps cheaper and I think Vertex -aus went bust/ dont exist anymore and wouldnt have a full kit in stock anyway

full 7 peice kit is 262,500 yen. So ball park guess would be about 3.5-4.5K Delivered

Edited by (Locky)

Since finding a crack in my block i have had to change my build. After a game of scissor paper rock with my engine builder where i lost he has decided to go nuts with all the money i dont have and here is a few things we have put in place.

Core S14 Block

Nissan SR20 Dry Sleeve, Double Flat 2

Nissan SR20 Dry Sleeve, Single Flat 2

Oil Pump, SR20VE

Mazworx SR20 1/2" Main Stud Kit (For use with Mazworx Billet Main Caps)

Mazworx SR20 Billet 4140 Main Caps

Custom CP Pistons (set of 4)

Engine: SR20VE

Bore: 87mm

Compression: 9.0:1

Stroke: 91mm

Rod Length: Stock

Headgasket: Apexi 1.1mm

Combustion chamber: Stock

Mazworx SR20 91mm Billet Crankshaft

ACL Race Thrust Bearing, Nissan SR20

ACL Race Rod Bearing 19mm Wide SR20DET

ACL Race Main Bearing Set, Nissan SR20DET, w/ 5 Oiling Holes

Carrillo Connecting Rods, SR20, CARR Bolts

Mazworx 1/2" Head Stud Kit w/ Dowels

Clean and R/R Oil Ports

Sleeve Install

Bore & Hone w/ Torque Plate

Oil Groove Machining, SR20

Custom Step Deck, Block

Resize Line Bore

SR 1/2" Stud Machining, Block

SR 1/2" Main Stud Machining, Block

19mm Rod Bearing Machining

On top On top of the new S14 block will be a monster VE head with drag style internals capable of flowing similar air to that of a jet engine. Bolted to the intake side of the head will be a hypertune intake manifold and on the opposite side to get rid of all the exhaust gasses will be one of the new hypertune twin scroll t4 twin gate exhaust manifolds. This motor is being built to support 1000hp+ then backed up by a C4 manualised auto with reverse pattern shift, 6000rpm stall and transbrake just cause we can

Already tried him got quoted roughly $5000 to get one

My kit costed me $1700 including shipping, not sure why he would go $5000 for a S14 kit except it would be a one off make.

I'll just leave this here for now.

Here is the Final result of over 6 months worth of work. Heading out to Wakefeild tomorrow with Revolution Motorsport for a Drift Day and a give her a good shake down.

Picture 004.jpg

Here is compared to the last Dyno run I did with the old set up. Main difference is the BC Step 2 Cams (264 duration 12mm lift)

Picture 005.jpg

Details to Follow.....