Sign in to follow this  
Damit

Battlefield 3

Confirmed details from DICE:

Game Info

Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE's cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York.

KEY FEATURES

Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.

Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.

Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.

Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.

Confirmed details from http://enterbf3.com/

* Prone

* Jets

* 64 Players for PC

* 24 Players for consoles

* Modern/Urban combat across the globe including Tehran, Paris, and New York

* Vehicle warfare (including sea)

* Destruction

* Drag fallen teammates to safety

* Single player campaign

* USMC, EU, Russian, and MEC (or variant) factions

* No Windows XP support

* PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3

* Battlefield 3 Limited edition copy announced at GDC '11

"if you pre-order the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition you will get access to the DLC pack, Battlefield 3: Return to Karkand. The pack is expected to include four maps from BF2"

f**k yeah Karkand! I would expect Wake Island as well.

I can't wait for this, even though I have not seen any footage yet, judging by the quality of BFBC2 and that its a direct sequel to BF2, this game is going to be sick!

713hJhcUUCL._AA1078_.jpg

f**k YEAH!!!

Cant wait for this

*SMASHES HAND ON DESK*

GAAAD-DAMAAAAAAAAT!!! :angry: this is bullshit :angry:

*leaves*

edit:

Edited by buoy
AAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHH!!!!!

Seeing as the next COD could most likely be BS, I see this having a real good chance of being 2011 top selling game. So looking forward to this, but need to hold back in fear of over hyping it like everything else has lately.

Been playing BF and COD since V1 but, always found BF so much more fun.

I can't f**king wait!!

I was ULTIMATE in an Apache.

f**k oath! Getting a mate over mic in the apaches was so wicked. Dog fights kicked ass, my best as gunner was 50 to 0 (I had a really good pilot) on Sharqi Island as MEC. Raped.

F*#ken Nice!! might have to Bootcamp my Mac for this one!!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

kinda looking forward to another BF game, but they are always buggy when first released

i played so much BF1942 back in the day

^^^ This.

DC was the best so much fun and time on that game.

I miss battlefield DC most of all

^^^ This.

DC was the best so much fun and time on that game.

Yes still my favorite Game to date

Aiming for CY Q4 2011 release

-Concept for BF3 has been in the works for years, waiting on proper tech to seamlessly come together

-Frostbite 2.0 is the culmination of this tech, entirely re-written

-Lighting sounds neat; one "probe" contains more lighting information than an entire BFBC2 level.

-Level destruction is going to be "believable" but basically everything is destructible.

-Character animations powered by ANT, what EA Sports uses.

-AI characters and multiplayer characters have different animation sets

-No more "gliding" animations that look off, animation realism is a focus

-Captured their own war audios (bullets, tanks, helicopters, etc) at different distances to ensure realism

-Better audio cues for certain actions, more easily able to listen for threats

-Plan on better, more immediate post release content

-More unlocks than BFBC2

-Dice trying to find a good balance between customization of your character and not having "pink rabbit hat(s)"

-4 classes

-Will talk about squads "later"

-Looking into a theater mode but can't talk about it

-Will have co-op

-There will be a kill-cam but it can be turned off

-BF3's team is almost twice as big as the team for BFBC2

-They want the pacing of the single player mode to be balanced, with highs and lows. Makes the comparison to a song vs a guitar solo.

-Part of the single player mode takes place in Sulaymaniyah - Iraqi Kurdistan.

-"F**k" will be used often, so M rates for sure

-Significant narrative that goes with the SP mode

-More than one setting, you're not in the middle east for the whole game

-PC version is lead version

-Why 64 players for PC only? No complains from the console crowd.

-No mod tools at release. Maybe none down the line either. Frosbite 2.0 is complex and mods tools would have to be dumbed down, so does Dice really want to put their time to that or would it be better spent elsewhere.

-Yes, there will be spotting.

-Dolphin Diving is out. Period.

-Vehicle/Infantry balance is a focus for me, it will be awesome this time.

-No plans for ziplines or grapple hooks no.

-Yes, prone is on all platforms.

-BF3 will be deeper than BF2. That said we've paid a lot of attention to keeping depth while pacing the learning curve.

-BF3 is the sequel to BF2. It's not BC3.

-Friendly Fire will be an option, yes.

-There will be an earthquake in a level. The destruction sounds very impressive. 7 story building collapses, looks very well done

-No comment on commander.

-Yes, there is bullet drop. Doesn't work the same as BC2 though, it's a much deeper system.

-No, no tracer darts. That's a bit too BC and not enough BF.

-No, I won't confirm any vehicles from the teaser.

-One of the cities is Tehran... Yes, yes there will be sand.

Out of all that this little line makes me very happy.

-PC version is lead version

"We wont make it for console and port it to PC - That's not how we do things" says executive producer Patrick Bach. "We're focusing on PC first, and then fiddle with it to fit onto consoles."

:woot::wub:

and full article from game informer ;)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Can't wait for this, I played the shit out of 1942 and BF2. I hope there will be Wake Island in it, loved that map.

Looks mint.

Haha dammit from DI yeah?

good to see some bf2 clans are still around man.

Requiem will defs be hitting it up full force, look forward to seeing you guys out there

Looks mint.

Haha dammit from DI yeah?

good to see some bf2 clans are still around man.

Requiem will defs be hitting it up full force, look forward to seeing you guys out there

yep

BATTLEFIELD 3 "Will be game of the year" says EA

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/289198/news/battlefield-3-will-be-game-of-the-year-says-ea/

"There's a great thing about an annual franchise, whether it's us or our competition; when you've got that annual franchise it's a meal ticket, it can generate a great deal of income.

"One of the problems with an annual franchise is you don't take the time to reengineer the underlying codebase so that it's as 'next-generation' as it can be," he added.

"We think there's a window of opportunity here. We've been investing for three years to build Battlefield 3. I think it will stand up as the best product in the industry this year... and we're going dead at 'em."

Battlefield 3's impressive Frostbite 2 engine has been described by EA as "incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights".

definately getting this when its out, i just finished bf bad company 2 last night it was good. this should be better :D cant wait

hahahhahahaha... you guys keep playing your COD and Modern Warfare crap. Leave this title alone... *motions hand* shoo!!! shoo now!!!