Sign in to follow this  
nissanman

350Z 18X8 Rims on S15 200SX stock ride height

Hi guys,

I've been doing a lot of searching and reading all over the internet of late regarding the 6 spoke 350Z 18X8 +30 wheels on a S15 200SX\Silvia.

I've got a set and need tyres for them.

Stock suspension so therefore stock ride height and spring compression\damper when driving also.

I've seen a few photos out there of these wheels on S14\S15's but not many people talk about their tyre sizes.

From what i can gather its a 40 profile tyre to match the stock 16" 55 profile rolling diameter.

As far as width goes-

Will the front accept a 235/40/18 tyre without rolling the guard and causing no scrape on lock or whilst driving?

The rear seems like a 235/40/18 will fit fine without rolling the guards (general information I have gleamed from other threads etc)

Question posed - 225/40/18 or 235/40/18 for the front 2 tires?

Thanks all for the help.

Cheers,

J

From what i can gather its a 40 profile tyre to match the stock 16" 55 profile rolling diameter.

As far as width goes-

you need to do a bit more reading on tyre profiles, they are actually a percentage of the tread width. ie 215/40 will have a smaller sidewall in comparison to a 275/40 (these are just examples)

there are plenty of online calculators that can help you work out rolling diameters though

As far as width goes-

you need to do a bit more reading on tyre profiles, they are actually a percentage of the tread width. ie 215/40 will have a smaller sidewall in comparison to a 275/40 (these are just examples)

there are plenty of online calculators that can help you work out rolling diameters though

Thanks for the help. yes i have used these calculators before and im familiar with how the width will affect profile etc. Thanks for the tip though.

Im comparing and wanting to see if people can and have run a 235/225 40. There is a slight difference is rolling diameter but not very much at all.

a 225/40/18 matches the 205/55/16 S15 tyres near exact but the 235/40/18 is only a tad out which im not fussed about.

i just want the widest tyre possible without- rolling guards, scrubbing, scrubbing on full lock

As well would rather a 235/40/18 Front and rear as then I can rotate tyres also.

But if the 235's wont fit properly under the front on the 18X8 +30 wheels then its a 225/40/18 all round.

Cheers,

J

ah fair enough, i only commented as you started with the profile and then moved on to the width. where you'd be wanting to pick the width of tyre you want and getting a profile that matches the rolling diameter of your stock rolling diameter, or at least close to.

Anyone out there using these particular wheels that could lend a hand with some information? Cheers

235/40 all round will be fine

Cheers for your directness :)

From a few nice members to PM me as well saying the same, it looks like Ill pop the 235\40s on next week i think.

Cheers all,

If anyone wants pic's of a front rim test fitted let me know, i took pics of clearance of strut tower and guard pics on a S15 with the stock suspension.

if you have standard susp and its a 8" rim im pretty sure its not going to scrape....

im running 350 rims on my car, not stock height, but im running 225/40 up front and 245/40 rears. Started running the smaller profile up front as i was scrubbing a bit with 245's. Stock height i was running 245's all round without a problem.

im running 350 rims on my car, not stock height, but im running 225/40 up front and 245/40 rears. Started running the smaller profile up front as i was scrubbing a bit with 245's. Stock height i was running 245's all round without a problem.

Thats some good info! Cheers.

getting some 235/40's put on all 4 wheels as we speak.

Ill post some pictures etc for future reference to help others when they search ;)

Ill post some pictures etc for future reference to help others when they search ;)

no worries man.

get some pics up when you can. Ive been considering getting smaller profile tyres on the rear of mine. I guess ill wait till i need new tyres haha

no worries man.

get some pics up when you can. Ive been considering getting smaller profile tyres on the rear of mine. I guess ill wait till i need new tyres haha

It was nice to see some constructive genuine help in this thread :) so here is some photos to help others out.

STOCK AUS S15 200SX SPEC R 2002 -

Removed stock wheels with 205/55/16 tyres on them

Replaced with 18X8 +30 both front and rear 350Z wheels and 235/40/18 Archilles ATR tyres

Note* NO guard rolling, this car is not lowered. It has stock suspension as from Nissan dealership

Q2106837.jpg

Q2106840.jpg

Q2106843.jpg

Q2076828.jpg

Q2076826.jpg

Q2076821.jpg

Q2076813.jpg

And yes, my S15 is in amazing condition :) 70,000kms ;)

Thought i would post up another photo of an stock S15 with 350Z rims.

Once the suspension settled it sat quite nicely.

Hope this helps others out there.

Q2156909.jpg

Q2156914.jpg

After trying on numerous rims, weighing them physically, driving on them to get the feel, etc. My 2cents:

It's like factory fitment for all those wondering. You do not get pestered at all. You can lower the car quite a lot, it'll look good and still get no attention.

If I recall correctly this size is legal anyway. And it's complicity in the guards, so legal-legal.

But it's in the wrong direction if your stealth performance oriented.

i got lucky and got a set of 5 spoke 35th anniversary wheels, id love to see what they look like on yours, looks mint.