Sign in to follow this  
kranze

OG R32 GT-R

Alright, last members ride thread i did was of my old Onevia some of you might remember (under my old username of ted), it ended up getting defected and stripped which allowed me to have a break from imports for a bit while i decided what to get next. procrastinated for a fair while, looked at a couple of 180's but i think i was over them, so started to look at GT-R's, and found this one which i ended up purchasing around November last year.

early model GT-R

R33 GT-R rb26

N1 Turbos

Splitfire coilpacks

full exhaust

nismo clutch

power fc

dual sbc

hks coilovers

sparco 17x9's

other stuff that i've forgotten but probably isn't important.

not sure what power it was running when i got it, no dyno read out etc. previous owner hardly drove it.

how it currently sits:

photo8jhm.jpg

about a week after i got it the balancer sheared the key off the crank so it sat in the shed for about a month while i decided what to do with it and also worked about 50 hours a week.

took it to SKR in Lonsdale and left it in Steves hands, about a week later he rang me and gave it a clean bill of health, fresh off the dyno making 280.9kw at all 4 wheels with stock injectors almost maxed out. Tuned to this power to avoid leaning out in the top end, and making 910Nm of torque.

purchased a pair of 17x9.5J +12 TE37's for it, which will be on the front in the next couple of days. new steering wheel and some other small stuff that was annoying me.

currently looking for a matching pair for the rear and trying to source some injectors for it so i can take it back to Steve and crack the 300kw mark. have an ext pump and surge tank ready to go in at the same time, also some Defi's but not sure if i want them in there yet.

will be lowered when all 4 TE's are on it.

IMG_0272dccc.jpg

photo9.jpg

final one of TE's on, flush, just waiting for tyres!

photo10.jpg

i'll try to keep this updated as things happen with it

photo(8).jpg

do like this, what was the outcome of the sheared key?

Looks clean i like it , havent been seeing many r32s anymore especially genuine gtr's

as far as i could tell it was simply the key, the crank was fine.

it needed a new balancer also, which may be why it sheared off in the first place, possibly someone doing something dodgy to it previously or it was old and wore away leaving it unbalanced, i'm not really sure.

now has a new balancer and haven't heard a complaint from it since, apart from popping a cooler hose off mid boost through a corner :lol: this car is no fun to baby home with no boost!

blingys TE's?

wat colour will the wheels be?

cant wait to see how it turns out, not many nice 32 gtrs around this site these days..

blingys TE's?

cant wait to see how it turns out, not many nice 32 gtrs around this site these days..

yep blingys old ones. was going to wait til i get the 2nd pair before i fit them but think i'll get it done in the next couple of days.

at this stage i'm not sure what colour to do them, either white or black? really not sure

omg! with 255 or 265s this is going to look poooooorn

will put up some better pics of the rear shortly.

blingys TE's?

yep blingys old ones. was going to wait til i get the 2nd pair before i fit them but think i'll get it done in the next couple of days.

at this stage i'm not sure what colour to do them, either white or black? really not sure

yer so many different coloured wheels go with silver cars,

white would stand out alot more but im also a fan of black wheels..

Be interesting to see how much room you'll have up front with a 255/265.. Guard roll? Remove liners? Can't wait to see it with fronts

Be interesting to see how much room you'll have up front with a 255/265.. Guard roll? Remove liners? Can't wait to see it with fronts

at a minimum i would say slight roll and remove liners-was going to remove the liners and tuck all the wiring anyway. 255/40 all round.

the current ones are +22 and it can go alot lower, but no scrub at the moment. so i guess i'll wait and see.

if the guards need work to make them fit then so be it! at this stage the rear guards are untouched, haven't even flattened out the lip, so when the front pair arrive i'll flatten out the lip, do the front liners etc and lower it properly.

wouldn't mind pissing off the HKS coilovers for something else though.

Looks clean, I guess you got the engine out and rebuilt no dramas? As for fitment, I am running 18x10+17 with 265 all round, just the lips flat no liners no scrubbing. Not sure on camber, not alot though.

i wouldve thought with 17's and a 40 profile you'd be able to get away with just a roll. much inner clearance with those sizes?

Dope car man, crazy power for the amount of mods!

What's steve knight like?

don't really know of many other trusted tuners in the south

and what you doing with old rims?

could possibly be interested...

Good stuff so far, will look awesome with matching fronts

yeah motor was all sweet, just got Steve to do it all coz I couldn't be stuffed lol.

how low is yours? at this stage if the rear goes lower the exhaust will basically be sitting on the ground lol

Looks clean, I guess you got the engine out and rebuilt no dramas? As for fitment, I am running 18x10+17 with 265 all round, just the lips flat no liners no scrubbing. Not sure on camber, not alot though.

plenty of clearance at the moment, it has scrubbed slighlty previously but doesn't at all now

i wouldve thought with 17's and a 40 profile you'd be able to get away with just a roll. much inner clearance with those sizes?

This is really nice! 910nM torque though? Really that's MASSIVE

yep rb26 power! haha, I'll post up the dyno read out when I get a chance

steve is sweet, he gets the job done, doesn't bullshit and doesn't charge an arm and a leg, checks all my boxes!

as for the wheels they are up for sale, so if you want them let me know, they would look dope on a gtst but +22 just isn't agressive enough for gtr guards.

Dope car man, crazy power for the amount of mods!

What's steve knight like?

don't really know of many other trusted tuners in the south

and what you doing with old rims?

could possibly be interested...

yeah motor was all sweet, just got Steve to do it all coz I couldn't be stuffed lol.

how low is yours? at this stage if the rear goes lower the exhaust will basically be sitting on the ground lol

Mines not that low mate you'll probably want to go lower. I've left it at this height just because its driven often through the cbd and gets enough looks as it is.

Keep in mind it needs a good aligment and these are 18's with 35profile kumhos.

32rear.jpg

32side.jpg

haven't updated this for quite some time now, but here goes.

decided to put the car up for sale, but now i've done some more work to it i want to keep it..:doh:

will still be for sale, will just set a price and not budge, too many dreamers and offers for swaps of commodores.

anyway, i sold off the TE's because i couldn't be bothered finding another pair, sold off the pair of meshies and bought a set of Enkei's, 18x9.5 +20 all round.

fitted the JunBL pipes also after i popped a gasket on the cat, so instead of changing the gasket i thought i might as well put the other exhaust on, it had been sitting in the shed for a few months.

just gave it new plugs and a full service, running A1 right now. the new exhaust has quietened it down a far bit, so it's alot more suitable for street use!

how it sits as of today, going to lower it more when i get a chance, maybe on the weekend, fronts might tuck a little bit too much though, so not sure how low i'll go yet.

pipes:

Exhaust fitment looks great man I'll have to do that!