good to see the sport isnt slowing.

MOONAH AUTO PARTS RECYCLERS

PRE - EVENT BBQ AND SHIT STIRRING SESSION

*AND VEHICLE DISPLAY*

FOR COMPETITORS, CREWS AND OFFICIALS

FROM 5.30pm

At Hobarts leading Automotive recycling center

book your spot now info@moonahautoparts.com.au or 0419743291

Damn. Will stop by on way home from airport at about 10 and see if anyone's still there!

Damn. Will stop by on way home from airport at about 10 and see if anyone's still there!

By the looks of alot of the cars on the brew most cats will still be working on their cars until 10 anyway mate, safe travels.doh.gif

Car tuned. 270 at the treads. im pretty happy with that.

85% back together

its going to be a gate off between steve and i if nothing elce.

Car tuned. 270 at the treads. im pretty happy with that.

85% back together

its going to be a gate off between steve and i if nothing elce.

#######Gr8 to see Damo back, as he was on fire when last seen in action, and going to feel like the old days, with Mark Beckett 's

Skyline back ! Looking to be a fantastic start to the 20/11 Drift Season !

TIME ATTACK CARS

-Mathew Rodgers - Bad ass Supra

-Mark Rodgers - AE-Eight 6 SCREAMER

-Ben Manion - GTR R32

-Bart Dove - Lotus 7

-Mark Butcher - Double R-X

-AAAAAAAAAAANDDDD KIM EWART - 280Z - Powered by LS1 HOLDEN V8 and 6 speed (left hand drive)

lock it in !

theres been 4 cars roll out of my 2 bay shed tonight ready to race.

4 hours sleep and i hit the road.

Was an awesome day congratulations to Lloyd for winning & everyone who entered

Feel sorry for Nick wedd, purtell, truscott And others who had some mechanical problems

Here are a few pics I took. Crap quality as I forgot the cam so used my phone ( no action shots as my phone is crap lol )

post-74021-13005229876513_thumb.jpgpost-74021-13005230045015_thumb.jpg

post-74021-13005230208809_thumb.jpgpost-74021-13005230376275_thumb.jpg

post-74021-13005230543305_thumb.jpgpost-74021-13005230694883_thumb.jpg

post-74021-13005230858863_thumb.jpgpost-74021-13005231046426_thumb.jpg

post-74021-13005231204934_thumb.jpgpost-74021-13005231365367_thumb.jpg

Edited by autumn_86

What an epic day, sorting through over 1700 photos here.

Lloyd Smiths car is a beast, I think I inhaled more than enough baked tyre in the starters tower during the driftkhana as a result of it's insane tyre killing abilities.

Was an awesome day, first time I've stayed there the whole day to watch practice and everything so it was a good day. Congratulations to Lloyd on his win and Well done to everyone that entered.

I'd have to say the highlight of the day was Lloyd's DriftKhana though. Was down the pits and before he had even completed his first donut I along with many others couldnt see anything. Was awesome.

Also just one thing, personally I reakon they should put the biggest entry comp back to the final bend, Last year saw plenty trying to 360 it in and keep drifting but the risk involved in this years where if you stuff up you'd meet some fence saw that pretty much go out the window. But thats just one persons opinion.

i second your comment the extreme entry was just like normal scandos in to the first corner. i didnt get to run but in the pits it didnt do anything for the other drivers and the speed is down. back straight for the win

Also just one thing, personally I reakon they should put the biggest entry comp back to the final bend, Last year saw plenty trying to 360 it in and keep drifting but the risk involved in this years where if you stuff up you'd meet some fence saw that pretty much go out the window. But thats just one persons opinion.

the 360's from last year are the reason we are no longer using the back straight/sweeper...its beyond our control...

personally i preferred the front straight into turn 1...much more suited to it and evens out the playing field...ash courtney obviously won and his car would be in the lower 1/3 of the field power wise, had it been back straight then nothing with less than 250rwkw would have came close

an extreme entry to me is a one transition entry from as far along the wall as you can...or getting massive angle and proximity to the wall...both of these thing of which you wouldnt bother doing in a battle scenario due to the risks involved...

the 360's from last year are the reason we are no longer using the back straight/sweeper...its beyond our control...

personally i preferred the front straight into turn 1...much more suited to it and evens out the playing field...ash courtney obviously won and his car would be in the lower 1/3 of the field power wise, had it been back straight then nothing with less than 250rwkw would have came close

thats were we make it extreme by trying to match the big boys. well to me it is i think i did see a couple of 360s and people were still allowed to run whats with that. you said kicked off straight away

clerk of course is the only one with the powers to kick someone off and obviously he missed them...

Ok fair enough, I wasnt sure on the reason on the change from the back straight to the front straight but that seems resonable. Suppose drivers safety is first and fore most.

And I also saw one or two 360's but whether they were intentional is another thing.

thats were we make it extreme by trying to match the big boys. well to me it is i think i did see a couple of 360s and people were still allowed to run whats with that. you said kicked off straight away

360s arent drift weather you pull it off and keep drifting or not.

the few runs i seen were of ash trying reverse entries. much harder to pull off and wall rubbing is were its at.

many moons ago DA did an extreme entry comp at symmons and they used the drift corse. i think they do at all tracks. they did however move the start line back for bigger run ups.

360s arent drift weather you pull it off and keep drifting or not.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

few regs have to be rewritten for the remainder of the series...may be a new inclusion

ive attended many events and seen many extreme entry competitions and Tasmanian are the only ones obsessed/attempting 360 entries...

if someone wants to do one, then win an event and smash a couple in during the victory lap...

lol,i ended up doing a 360 haha

altho, wasnt intention lol

i need more lock...

200126_1874757064678_1113747674_32289744_3441359_n.jpg

###### Tassie's pioneer .....tagging the wall....and is still the king,many moons later !

###### Now that's car control for ya ! Gotta luv that sh-t !

Ok fair enough, I wasnt sure on the reason on the change from the back straight to the front straight but that seems resonable. Suppose drivers safety is first and fore most.

And I also saw one or two 360's but whether they were intentional is another thing.

People's safety is always first but in this case, that was nothing to do with it. It's ppl worrying about the edges of the track and/or grass etc on the end of the back straight.

Any way it was a grate event. i like the mix of the drifting, extreme entry, driftkhana and time attack.

well done to the officals and organisers for moaking it happen and keeping it all on time.

starting late was more so the drivers fault for not getting to the track early enough.

i also thought the level of presentation people are brining to the track is tops, but reliability is still off. we had 4 out of 4 cars brake down but only one of them didnt return to the track.

Big thanks to everyone involved in running the day and congratulations to the winners, it was an awsome event, even though we started late it was great to see we managed to get some more practice time in halfway through... It makes the day worth it for those who don't qualify and would otherwise get bugger all track time!

I was stoked to qualify again! (5 top 16's from 5 events now) I thought I had no hope with a field of 34 entries! I'm sure I wouldn't have made the cut if it wasn't for some ppl's misfortune... I just have to try and qualify higher now so I'm not always up against the top guys!!

Apparently my battle with trusky made the news!? Strange choice of clip to use if that's true :S

Id like to say what a great day Saturday was  The weather turned out to play the game too which was very welcome! Was a shame to see so many cars having issues, sometimes cant be helped, made me appreciate even more how solid the 180 is mechanically.

I’d like to say thanks so much to miff, kate and the people behind the scenes organising all the paper work and some of the not so exciting stuff. Really appreciated how smoothly the day ran and you guys deserve a massive shout out for it :)

And was really glad that some more practise time was able to be slotted in between events :D

Loved the fact that there was a mix up of events while still keeping to the style of Drift, I think the flyers, commentary and fact the days time table was attached to the beams in the pits was perfect, easily accessible for everyone.

In regards to the extreme entry I think it was nice to see it being held at the spot on the track where the entries actually take place in addition to the pit wall looming next to the straight waiting to grab any unfortunate car that came to close :P

I quite enjoyed watching the 2j time attack supra run around basky, that thing was incredible, the speed it was doing on the front straight blew me away! :D

The car presentation was really awesome too see aswell, as has been mentioned, I will have to hurry up and get mine looking respectable too now after seeing everyones “makeovers” :P

One thing I did notice that wasn’t so much bad but just at times a bit annoying was sometimes it was hard to drive your car back into its place in the pits as some people of the general public just didn’t even really bother to move when you were coming (like 10kms)

Anyway overall thanks so much to everyone who made this possible, was a really nice day and I look forward to participate in more of these days as I suspect everyone else does too! :)

It makes the day worth it for those who don't qualify and would otherwise get bugger all track time!

drift committee is working on implementing something to help out with this...hopefully should be up and running at rnd 2 :)

I had a ball on saturday, even if i hadnt of done well i still would have had a great day, i was loving it from the word go, Practice in the morning was so much fun, Just a good no pressure day i thought, Coming second was just a bonus, i wouldnt have cared if i didnt qualify. Well organised event i thought just a shame about the cars in the top 4 having problems. cant wait to come back next year with my own car. well done to all thats showed up and enjoyed them selves to those who didnt maybe drift isnt the thing for you as its all about fun

Does anyone know if the news coverage has been put on the net and where it is?