Sign in to follow this  
Josh910

Tas drift fest

For a couple of random shots from the day that I've edited up so far - having over 1700 photos to sort through sure does suck...

I've got a good one of Ash Courtney getting insanely close to the wall during the practice session, unfortunately I was on the opposite side of the track during the extreme entry comp and couldn't run back across the track to get there - being at turn 4 and all that...

Here's a few random pics so far.

IMG_0201.jpg

Ash Courtney with wall proximity during first practice.

IMG_0545.jpg

Fun with a wide angle lens as Michael Truscott slides by.

IMG_0615.jpg

Truscott shows why he wins Driftkhana with an example of precision with a witches hat.

IMG_0742.jpg

A photo of Lloyd Smith shortly before I try not to inhale too much freshly baked tyre as it engulfs me in the starters tower!

More to come, shall have them all up on a page in the near future.

hell yeah thats mine and consis run im in becketts r32 sweet

Courtney entries ftw!

Someone sponsor brendo taking it to trusky like a boss ( and everyone else for that matter) on pure shit tire pile

tires with some of the fastest 4th gear entries of the day.

Do it now

The event was awsome, I had issues with a miss just as qualifying started and didnt find the problem till later in the day, I had it sorted for the entry comp so went out and had some fun and won it, thanks again for the $500 Barnzithumbsup.gif , its crazy the event ran so well there was time to throw in another practice session in the middle of the program, props for that.

awsome pics aswellquagmire.gif

Courtney entries ftw!

Someone sponsor brendo taking it to trusky like a boss ( and everyone else for that matter) on pure shit tire pile

Do it now

will certainly agree...

seeing the pile of tyres brendo brought with him...most other drivers would throw out or give to the bogan next door for his commo burnout machine...

to then be pulling the fastest entries consistently was a credit to him...

Courtney entries ftw!

Do it now

will certainly agree...

seeing the pile of tyres brendo brought with him...most other drivers would throw out or give to the bogan next door for his commo burnout machine...

to then be pulling the fastest entries consistently was a credit to him...

Cheers boys, i think i would have got trusky if i dropped them to 24psi.. so close, next time maybe

ps: devo tyre shops already threw them out lol..to me

I am just so proud of the whole drifting fratenity in Tasmania, you guys can take a bow... heres my take on the weekend.

-The promotion by Drifting Tas by Kate, Miff and Anita, you girls set the benchmark for promotion and organisation in Tasmanian motorsport - Well done

-The level of car presentation, it truely is a spectacular sight down in the pits- well done to crews and teams.

-The level of on driver skills continue to improve, as do the attitudes.

-The comradery of all the entrants, lending cars, tool, parts etc, its a great little community you have there DONT LOOSE THAT !

On the driver scene props to

1. Thorpy, bucket loads of Talent right there, and to be trusted with the keys to Beckets rocketship was the shizz, and to handle it like you did was BALLS. Star of the future.

2. Dave Oates - massive commitment in the family sedan - phat chooker, and the Driftkhana effort was 5 stars (Balls the size of watermelons)

3. Priso - the guy is such a natural and an inspiration to others

4. The Khumo team - those cars looked amazing

5. Club Fail - had some disgustingly horrid bad luck, but were still smiling and doing guided tours all day of there immaculate rides.

6. The mainland chapter lead by the puppet master Matty "the love muscle" Russell-you guys give the event a certain flair.

7. Team HTS - The northern connection once again showed they are not scared to run a few all nighters to get the team to the track. Brendo and Consi once again were very consistant too (standard)

8. Marty and Allan Croal - once again near enough shutting down there business to get to get themselves and others cars to the track, your committment to sport makes me well up.

9. Mandi for having a red hot go, especially in the Driftkhana, by the crowd reaction you have a massive following, and some top skills too.

10. Taylor Forward for making the 16 after NO practice at all. good skids too

Lastly a massive shout out to the Lloyd, Brad, Ryan and Mal from the Smith Builders racing team, to have 2 cars on the podium is credit to you, and what Lloyd is doing for this sport both in Tas and Australia too is nothing short of HUGE. Llloyd has so much following out there in the motorsport scene its amazing and I have never scene anything like it, from customers at my work, to people I meet in the supermarket they all say "How good is that Lloyd Smith guy" I just smile and say "watch this space cos hes going places(sideways)"humpy.gif

the Lloyd Smith Videos are going Viral on the tube as you read this.

CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT INSTALMENT OF TASSIE DORI ---- Waaaaaaaah dang !

well summed up Mozz! guy from my work, saw Llyod at Powercruise...

and i quote "yea Me and the Mrs are coming down this weekend (rnd 1) cos she saw Llyod drive at powercruise and wanted more!"

what an awesome event , I tell you what , it's a learning experience helping judge , there were a few pretty hard calls to make, hopefully everyone was happy with them. The standard of driving keeps getting better and better between every event , I can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings. The worst part for me was the breakdowns in the top 4 , there could have been some pretty intense battles there but unfortunately they didn't happen to plan, round 2 will be apon us before anyone can blink and hopefully my ceff will make a return to the track :) (i can't wait! .. someone needs to reprezent 4d love in tas :P ) . Special thanks needs to go out to ALL of the organising comittee and officials etc for giving up their precious spare time to organise these awesome events and i hope we have plenty more of them to come :)

thnx to everyone who helped with the event, was such a mint event

id just like to say chris johnson from sa in he 32 was going awesome...got knocked out in top 16, but first time he'd ever driven the track and qualified 10th...pretty good considering he didnt get as much track time prior to qualifying as alot of drivers as scruiteneers were being somewhat pains in the arse lol

but yeh was a top day, had heaps of fun...just happy my car didnt break

hopefully next time i can actually drive half decent, should be ashamed of my efforts at round 1 :lol:

see u all at round 2 lol

I've uploaded a little over 300 photos to my website I'm kicking around just for drifting photos, link is here. There's more to throw up there shortly, just got to do yet another pass through all the images I took.

Cheers,

cyph

I was told on the start line that the judges want to see fishy whole straight, that only reason i did that...

yeah that i found strange,

but i told you what i was told on the radio

haha :P what's wrong with a few fishys?? . nah they were looking for one really big swtch back, kinda like a scando but longer

Some nice shots there mate, cheers for sharing

How would one get permission to get out at the points to take photos?