Sign in to follow this  
King Troll

aussie hip hop

^ on that note, if you're in Melbourne - get along to this. Big show saturday night. Epic hip hop all stars footy match on the sunday (eastern states v WA & SA)

http://roberthuntercup.com/

AUS-ALL-STARS.jpeg

Edited by headlock

Sounds little 360 influence but still a banging track

i don't see that at all?

who woulda thought, 360 actually made good stuff before becoming a shitcunt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSw6009YMvc

360's work with Pez "the forthewaite mix tape" is dope. anything pre what you see is what you get is good.

new Pegz album Drama is awesome, bit short though

what car does Pegz drive? he talks about cars a bit

I have been wondering that for soooo long, car reference on every album but no mention of actual cars

Drapht has a few sick tracks.... falling, drink drank drunk etc..

Illy is killing it at the moment and M-Phases newish album is pretty sick

The tongues new album is pretty good for the most of it too... a few tracks are less than ordinary though

I loved brothers grimm, his new album stunk a little.

illy to me, is nearly as boring as urthboy. easy to listen to but does really grab..

other than pez, this dude is the only "up and comer" I'm feeling at the moment.

Depressing really.

Edited by .RONE

for serious though, this is an amazing clip. I knew what the plan was for some time but actually seeing it makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over. Awesome to see so many artists all getting involved.

also there's a big framed.. umm... frame.. filled with polaroids everyone took and signed, it's being auctioned off on ebay with the proceeds going to charity.

Urthboy's new album is out this week

Did I mention I really like Thundamentals? most of their other tracks are a lot more chilled but love this one.

Depressing really.

why?

Don't mind me, I'm a picky bastard.

When the entire local scene is predominantly made up of either BBQ rap, sing song radio friendly TripleJJJ hipster festival shit, or alternatively goons attempting to out staunch one another with tales of rawness there doesn't leave much left over to really appreciate. I'm not saying there isn't good material being released in this country because there is....it's just very few and far between and sometimes not at all.

I don't know, perhaps I'm just a jaded old c*nt.

Edited by .RONE

saw illy on friday, M-Phazes busted out the 2nd best dj set ive ever heard. but illy wasnt much good.

he played alot of songs and had plenty of all the right stuff, but he really just doesnt have it.

If you enjoy listening to 360, GTFO and kill yourself. That faggot destroyed the aussie hip hop scene, with his pop and dubstep shit. seriously, every other aussie hip hop artist agrees with me. Also, 360 dissed hilltop hoods in one of his songs, the little *milkshake*. In conclusion, AWESOME to see other fans of aus hip hop, but just not 360, mmmmkay?

Here's some awesome songs for you to truly respect:

Urthboy - Hellsong

This song is so underrated, it's beat is f**king nice and the message is great :)

The Herd - The King is Dead

If you haven't heard of the herd (no pun intended) I suggest you invest some time into listening to their songs, you won't regret it.

Spit Syndicate - Starry Eyed

Not a very well known band but this song is amazing, and they definitely have potential for more great songs.

Thundmentals - Paint the Town Red

Ok so forgetting all about lyrical value this song is basically about partying, but the beat is AWESOME!

Funkoars - Where I Am

A pretty popular song but it's obvious why. One of my favourite songs from their latest album.

Vents - Rolling Balls

Great song. 'Nuff Said.

Briggs - Rather Be Dead

Briggs is basically the Australian Biggie Smalls so its only fitting for him to use 'Hypnotise' in one of his songs.

That's all folks!

what you see is what you get is a dope album, i dont really understand alll the 360 hate. i also dont get how some people hate 360, but love the direction the hoods have gone in lately.

the herds last album has to be on of the most boring releases in aus history, same goes for urthboy. that said his new album is alright.

and the thundamentals "sleeping on your style" is 100x times better that foreverulation. the SS's last album was alright and their new song is dope so high hopes for that.

Tuka's new album is going to be amazing...

haha best critique ever.

it needed more, m-phazes set was f**king sick in it i think. even though he looked like he could not give a f**k.

Edited by frenchie1001

haha best critique ever.

it needed more, m-phazes set was f**king sick in it i think. even though he looked like he could not give a f**k.

It needed more of him shutting the f*#k up. Dude can't rap.

I agree with what you're saying about the 360/hoods thought.

i love the hoods older stuff, i.e the calling, but they are def just a pop bad now. the current album is a shit ton better than state of the art though.

I personally have never liked anything the hoods have ever done, though that's just a style issue though.

Yeah, Hoods have gone started to make songs to appeal to the mainstream, rather than sticking to their old formula, but their songs are still great. So long as they keep rapping about important things and not money/cars/hoes and don't start doing dubstep remixes. It feels like they're soaking up the attention a little too much, forgetting about what they used to be. Hopefully they don't end up like 360.

I bought The Herd's new album and I personally thought it was great. They are just one of those bands that focus a lot on the message. The songs were great, all individual and unique. Loved it.

Not sure if I've listened to any of Urthboy's latest tracks... When did his new album come out?

I've only listened to a handful of songs from foreverlution, and didn't find anything that really stood out. Just my opinion.

I don't really know a lot about Spit Syndicate, only listened to three of their songs, but "Starry Eyed" was amazing.

urthboy's album came out in the last few weeks, was the feature album on jjj and is alot better than his last one. which puts him about on par with ill unforutnetly.

i felt the same about foreverlution, going to see them next weekend, so hopefully they rock out live.

SS's new album seems like it will have the goods, their new sing is by far their best work.

people gotta check out Dialect & Despair from adelaide.. They just dropped a new album too. two real proper dudes keepin it real. on a side note, cant go wrong with lyrical commission.. TREM = aus hip hop god and is up there with the worlds best mc's for sure..

Oh and Maundz/crate cartel are killin it.. That's about it for OZ hip hop for me, always be a US hip hop head :thumbsup:

anyone heard anything about the Hood's new album? It's supposed to be called "Walking Under Stars".

I don't really like the name but hopefully they do an "Eminem" and go back to their old, good music in this album.