Sign in to follow this  
sid280

JAPAN

To much bickering going on in this thread. Stay on topic!!

guys, i find articles popping up here regularly if you want some updates on the reactors etc.

Japan Times

Japan just got hit by another.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13032122

A powerful earthquake has hit north-east Japan, exactly one month after the devastating earthquake and tsunami.

The 7.1-magnitude tremor triggered a brief tsunami warning, and forced workers to evacuate the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant.

The epicentre of the quake was in Fukushima prefecture, and struck at a depth of just 10km (six miles).

It came as Japan said it was extending the evacuation zone around the nuclear plant because of radiation concerns.

The cooling systems at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant were damaged in last month's disaster. Workers have been struggling to prevent several reactors from overheating, and avert a large-scale release of radiation.

Early indications suggest the plant has not sustained further damage in the latest quake.

The zone around it will be widened to encompass five communities beyond the existing 20-km (12-mile) radius, following new data about accumulated radiation levels, officials said.

Top government spokesman Yukio Edano said the new evacuations would take place over the coming month, from areas including Iitate village, which lies 40km from the power station, and part of the city of Kawamata.

"There is no need to evacuate immediately," he told a news conference, but added that there were concerns about long-term health risks.

Last month's quake and tsunami left nearly 28,000 people dead or missing.

I was woken up by this quake... there have been almost 1000 earthquakes in the last month.

Living in Tokyo...so glamorous.

http://www.japanquakemap.com/

Speed up the play to see earthquake popcorn made fresh...

Fukushima now been labelled 'as bad a Chernobyl' Level 7 on Nuclear Incident listings.

This is terrible.

That area of Japan is going to be a radiation filled wasteland - just like Pripyat.

I was woken up by this quake... there have been almost 1000 earthquakes in the last month.

Wow that's nuts.

Its hard to get any info on what this actually 'means' in real terms.

All the fish will die? Will they have enough food?

Wow that's nuts.

+1, it is nuts how shibbeh was around long enough to feel the quake..

:lol:

owell, i wasnt planning on having kids anywhere.

[evo]

plus, maybe ill grow an extra dick so i can rock the world of 2 stunners at once

[/evo]

they're saying yes its level 7 but it isn't as bad as Chernobyl currently, Chernobyl released the radiation all at once making it a lot worse, in fukushima its released 10% that was released at Chernobyl so far, but the risk if it KEEPS leaking will be immense.

that's what they said on ABC news 24 and i tend to go by that rather then channel 7 and stuff which will twist the words to make it sound worse to get more viewers, not that it isn't bad enough already.

Wow that's nuts.

+1, it is nuts how shibbeh was around long enough to feel the quake..

Oh yeah, I love it... I'd rather not see the record beaten though.

If you look at the last few days, you'll see they've been hitting inland and a lot closer to Tokyo.

Its hard to get any info on what this actually 'means' in real terms.

All the fish will die? Will they have enough food?

No idea - this target won't sit still. There's plenty of food, water and whatnot but we're more careful about our movements.

I'm most pissed off about the Chu-Hi situation. That shit is running out because Kirin factories are up North!

Hey you know Dom Bloemhard?