Sign in to follow this  
manisyndrom

light stands

Hey guys, just curious what everyones using as a light stand? I'm after a cheap solution as i just bought an off camera flash with wireless triggers and a reflective umbrella.

Its hard to get much decent for a good price in australia, have a look on bandhphoto.com, i have three 7.5ft smith victor light stands and postage was pretty cheap, they are perfect for speedlights with pocketwizards if you get bandh's cheap umbrella holders/hotshoes. I take mine around alot and they fold up really well and are light weight

I use these for lighting.

biglights560.jpg

On the cheap as well, all you need is a car, and a 12/24v inverter and your all set!

Yea I had a breeze through imagemelbourne and didn't find anything cheap (i dont need pro material). Also, light stands generally have a threaded screw at the top, I'm guessing you need some sort of adapter or mount for the flash, can you get multiple ones which connect a flash and an umbrella? I have a yongnua 465.

guess what I'm after is better described in a pic " http://www.alzodigital.com/images/equipment/bracket_front_umbrella_ttl_porta_flash_nikon.jpg " ... couldn't find this accessory on the website (ill admit i probably havent looked hard enough :P )

Cheers

Yea im sure he sells those things. Pretty sure I bought mine from him.

Its better to spend a little extra on light stands.. trust me!!! When you got am umbrella in the wind you want a sturdy tripod.

iv'e got a couple manfrotto stands, probably the only pieces in my kit that aren't super budget. if you're doing multiple exposures, and shit moves that you don't expect... it will cost you hours and hours in photoshop, and may (probably will) end up in you loosing your work completely :/

Sign in to follow this