Sign in to follow this  
buoy

$1.10

Let's hit that shit!!! It'll be history in the making. One for the books. Heck, it'll at least be a good enough excuse to get the rest of Monday off....... to go down to the pub and celebrate with the rest of the nation.

But we'll just have to wait and see won't we............. dry.gif

XE.COM is currently reporting (for the weekend) $1.09670. RIDICULOUS!

UPDATE: 27th July, 2011 :- WE ARE HERE! $1.10

110-win.png

We should list good shit to import from the states =D. Anyone got any ideas? I'm just gonna invest in currency. It's gonna crumble sooner or later =]

yeah, we just bought over $25,000 worth of furniture from america for the new house.. normally woulda costed a bit over 30k..

so we're pretty happy with that thumbsup.gif

High of 109.925 at the moment. Its great if you look at the short term of us being able to buy parts cheap but overall I think our economy is going to suffer a lot as exports become too expensive. Hopefully the Chinese continue to buy resources from us despite the cost.

I've been watching a bunch of conspiracy theory stuff and have been thinking in terms of "Why would the US want to degrade it's own currency so much?" The only things I can come up with is that it might spur on the introduction of the Amero. There are also talks of the Chinese Yuan becoming the standard that everything is traded in rather than USD but I don't see how that helps the states.

The other possibility is that they are thinking that with the collapse of the US economy - many other economies around the world will fail as investors loose their investments in the states. This may be a prompt for the "New World Order" that everyone is talking about nowadays. All interesting stuff when you start trying to work out what they are trying to achieve.

LS1 motors pull a premium the week before race wars?

yeah, we just bought over $25,000 worth of furniture from america for the new house.. normally woulda costed a bit over 30k..

so we're pretty happy with that thumbsup.gif

i can top that saved 23cents by buying a phone cover from us ebay rather then aus ebay from the same seller too lol :P

High of 109.925 at the moment. Its great if you look at the short term of us being able to buy parts cheap but overall I think our economy is going to suffer a lot as exports become too expensive. Hopefully the Chinese continue to buy resources from us despite the cost. I've been watching a bunch of conspiracy theory stuff and have been thinking in terms of "Why would the US want to degrade it's own currency so much?" The only things I can come up with is that it might spur on the introduction of the Amero. There are also talks of the Chinese Yuan becoming the standard that everything is traded in rather than USD but I don't see how that helps the states. The other possibility is that they are thinking that with the collapse of the US economy - many other economies around the world will fail as investors loose their investments in the states. This may be a prompt for the "New World Order" that everyone is talking about nowadays. All interesting stuff when you start trying to work out what they are trying to achieve.

Some basic economics lessons would clear things up for you

Can you give me a quick basic lesson? I never studied economics so keen to learn. I have been reading a bit and as I understand (could be completely wrong) is that investors are looking for return on their money which the US isn't really offering at the moment. We are running at a much higher interest rate so people are investing here to get better returns. This is what is making our dollar stronger?

What I looking at before is what if this was engineered?

i saw a place trading in syd CBD near wynyard for 111.** this morning...

Economists are saying it might float around there for a good 6 months.

Here's a very basic rundown

Because our interest rates are higher (relative)it means the demand for our currency is much larger, this is because investment here will gain more than investment in the USA. The Australian economy is also extremely stable relative to America.

While it looks like the AUD has increased in value i would say it is the USD that has tanked, their economy is in trouble, and printing money while interest rates are near zero means no one wants to hold USD.

There are some other factors but i can't be bothered going into it

It looks like the AUD could increase substantially from where it is now, the reserve bank wants to raise interest rates to slow inflation, however doing so will raise the dollar further and hurt exports so at the moment they are on hold, but my guess is a couple of rate rises by the end of the year.

All i know is cheap shit from the states makes me happy

Thats pretty much how I understand it from what I have been reading. But if you look at it purely from a conspiracy viewpoint, and assume that this has been a manufactured event - who has something to gain and what? The above are all I can see with my small understanding.

Its a good point that our dollar isn't increasing but that the USD is lowering. When you look at the AUD compared to say the Euro there is only a slight change in the AUD's favor.

I was just on XE and it was showing that we finally cracked $1.10 a few minutes ago but now that data is gone. Its going to be an interesting few months / years if these trends continue.

I leave for the US in 3 weeks, perfect timing.

Gonna be putting around 9000 into US dollars in the next few days so nice little 900 profit! thumbsup.gif

Yeah it's going off at the moment but Silver is going off like a frog in a sock due to a 12% drop pre open

audusd.png

why does there have to be a conspiracy?

There are fundamental financial reasons for everything that has happened, there is no way that the US is benefiting from its current situation, the US has lost its (relative) economic power. All the actions of the American government and reserve bank show that they are desperate to prop up their economy, stimulate growth and confidence.

I'm not saying there has to be a conspiracy - I'm saying what if there is a conspiracy.

GET ON IT

news sites are saying that the Us dollar has alrady started dropping further on the news of osama's death not sure why it would drop on this news but hey more saving for us

Gonna be putting around 9000 into US dollars in the next few days so nice little 900 profit! thumbsup.gif

Yes!! June for me!!

Is Canada USD? Or does it have its own currency?

Yes!! June for me!!

you are a full on retard aren't you.

Yes!! June for me!!

No. What? I don't know!

your a troll, no ones this dumb

Cambers, how could you not know that the WHOLE WORLD uses USD??? rolleyes.gif

Lol seriously? google Canadian dollar and it will tell you.

Yes!! June for me!!

No. What? I don't know!

Yes!! June for me!!

thank f**k someone said that

cambers you rolled an s13 on the weekend didn't you

news sites are saying that the Us dollar has alrady started dropping further on the news of osama's death

not sure why it would drop on this

news but hey more saving for us

Investors in the war on terror are probably getting worried that there will be less money spent on arms now as the 'primary threat' is dead, therefore less money can be made.. Seeing as a huge amount of money is invested and spent on arms in the US it won't surprise me if the US dollar drops another 5-10 cents in a month