Sign in to follow this  
Rex_Kelway

Rex Kelway sucks.

Another SR20 Highmount Manifold, this time TD06, is this a copy of the trust unit? Or a complete custom job? I would like to kow as i have a TD06 L2 20G trust kit on my S15 & think it may be cracked as i have a exhuarst leak i can't find.

PM me price & details

Did Rex die from epic epicness? has he been busy making epic amounts of classy fabrication that he could possibly share with the community of epicness fans?

translation= updates Mr Rex?

Edited by datsun180

^ He is one busy mofo... I'm still waiting on the Fabrication Holyness to take up my job since like 3 months back :(

Cheers,

Andy

Bugger Him Rex is bored today. What better to do than update His Lamebrication thread...

1JZ manifold built to same location as customers HKS log joiner thing. Toyota's generally have notoriously clutered and shallow spaces to work in, about 100mm less space compared to the RB family. Again, the 2x3 collector naturally describes the rectangular turbine inlet shape.

IMAG0415_wm.jpg

IMAG0414_wm.jpg

IMAG0433_wm.jpg

There were no strippers at this bucks party...

IMAG0311_sml.jpg

A few engine mounts:

SR into AE86 (just tacked for test fit, derrr)

IMAG0604_sml.jpg

IMAG0605_sml.jpg

The 4AG mounts for Rex's Clubman:

IMAG0119_sml.jpg

Modified RB mount for 25/30 conversion into R32:

IMAG0409_sml.jpg

SR steampipe manifold with Kando TD06 and Tial MVS 38mm.

IMAG0723_sml.jpg

Basic hammer forming motorcycle seat for His bike. Unfortunately Rex doesn't have the all the finishing tools at the moment so it had to be trimmed.

IMAG0314_sml.jpg

IMAG1000_sml.jpg

There's more to come, He'll get to it when He can be arsed.

Edited by Rex_Kelway

Basic pod filter shield for S14. Was painted black afterwards.

IMAG0322_sml.jpg

Manifold for FJ20 powered 1600

IMAG0330_sml.jpg

Enginebay from same car. Its a strange conversion really, 1600s are small and light, FJ's are huge and heavy. Should be bullshit fast though. Required changed throttle and location, dump pipe, intercooler and intake pipework, Alternator adjuster bracket etc...

IMAG0470_sml.jpg

IMAG0468_sml.jpg

IMAG0473_sml.jpg

IMAG0465_sml.jpg

And finally a cover plate to finish tunnel cuttout.

IMAG0479_sml.jpg

Does Rex do the bead rolling himself, or is he buying pre-rolled metal? I really like the look, and I think it goes a long way to making thing's look less "not stock".

Less on topic: I bought some tub's off Mr Kelway a few months ago. Despite ye olde postal services' attempt at standing on them, they're a damned good fit, and are really quite handsome. If only I worked at a pace quicker than two spot welds a month... This is a fairly motivational thread, though. Every time I think "dang, I wish I was better at x", I think, "Kelway started out as a hobbyist". Moar pictures!

Thanks lads!

He does a have a bead-roller. Its good thing. It'll add quite a bit of strength to a flat sheet and really does adds a bit of 'special' to many things.

Also, Rex's also glad your tubs came out well. For something He never intended on being a DIY, kit people seem to be getting some excellent results .

Rex is probably the most boring jerk in the world. Even His days off consist of making shit at the workshop...

hmmmm that airbox is very nice. Can you make me one please rex? :)

Rex is probably the most boring jerk in the world. Even His days off consist of making shit at the workshop...

Can at least claim you're a real man. A dying tradition. Thumbs up.

Bling,

The V8 1880 is still going. Rex's kicking His own arse to put more time into it. Thankfully the customer is about the best one could ever hope for. A fair bit has been done. Rex'll add it to the update list...

Can at least claim you're a real man. A dying tradition. Thumbs up.

Mate, Rex is surprised to actually hear someone else say this straight up. Its a topic very close to Rex own heart. See below:

[RANT]

Its an terrible shame when the skills and crafts that our Fathers and Grandfathers, even Mothers and Grandmothers dissappear.

Rex has mates who's Fathers are fitters and turners, metalworkers, woodworkers, engineers and even chefs. Their sons all seem to be in marketing and sales, IT and Finance. Slightly ashamed of their parents blue-collars...

Its a shame to see modern man sold the idea it's normal to simply shop; to consume the latest; to buy and be happy with fancy, replaceable plastic garbage.

These days it seems the man who chooses to build and repair things is considered the freak. Shouldn't he just be happy with fashionable plastic shit that has a designed lifespan. f**k that...

[/RANT]

any *milkshake* can go out and buy somthing cool,it takes a real man to build somthing cool

While He's at it:

Static seat mounts and, CAMS spec rollcage in KE70 drift car

IMAG0533_sml.jpg

IMAG0528_sml.jpg

IMAG0521_sml.jpg

IMAG0516_sml.jpg

IMAG0511_sml.jpg

Enlarged sump for Rex's future (hopefully) race-car. This one doesn't use gates as the sheer volume and submerged boxes should always be full of oil.

IMAG0522_sml.jpg

Intake bellmouths for beams 3S

IMAG0731a_sml.jpg

Filter base with velocity stack for EFI conversion to a Loncoln some 9L in displacement and a few hundred tonnes

IMAG0801_sml.jpg

IMAG0804_sml.jpg

Hacking and converting a set of brand spankers driftworks uprights from McPherson strut to Skyline double wishbone style arrangement

IMAG0915_sml.jpg

IMAG0932_sml.jpg

IMAG0931_sml.jpg

S13 Tubs

IMAG0731.jpg

And finally a wood fired oven built over a few weekends.

IMAG0490_sml.jpg

IMAG0493_sml.jpg

IMAG0495_sml.jpg

IMAG0498_sml.jpg

IMAG0500_sml.jpg

IMAG0505_sml.jpg

IMAG0567_sml.jpg

IMAG0611_sml.jpg

good to hear it is still going. with the knuckles, how are the wheels going to clear the upright? they come pretty close as is

good to hear it is still going. with the knuckles, how are the wheels going to clear the upright? they come pretty close as is

Will have slightly more clearance I think if I have got things right in my head.

Unfortunately Rex has not pictures of those converted uprights as fitted however they were jigged according to the R32 uprights rotational axis so they should move in exactly the same fashion. Also, the large pressed arm section the vertical spindle rotates within has a nice curved shape forming away from the wheel. Wheel choice will quickly make all this moot.

A few bits on Rex's own 180SX. Its 100% daily driven with the occasional track-day. Its built to be standard and unassuming as it operates in SA's Defect happy environment:

Ducting to suit full size of ARC sidemount core. Small core makes dyno tuning difficult but with road speed works brilliantly.

IMAG0752_sml-1.jpg

IMAG0756_sml-1.jpg

Strut brace may be overkill but just a design He wanted to try. Was painted black pretty quickly.

IMAG0760_sml-1.jpg

IMAG0764_sml.jpg

IMAG0768_sml.jpg

Expreme type manifold

IMAG0769_sml.jpg

Pod filter shield. This lasted about a week before Rex decided to move to a more 'standard' modified airbox arrangement. Its up fro grabs if anyone wants it.

IMAG0780_sml.jpg

IMAG0774_sml.jpg

Enginebay essentially finished. Airbox is based on stock bottom half with cold air feed into the side and fabricated top half to suit Z32 AFM and hard intake pipe. Makes 198rwkw on Mainline dyno and behaves like factory.

IMAG1003_sml-1.jpg

This is the evolution of an S14 jorb He did over a few months, Rex built everything but installation was done by the owner and a good workshop friend, Many pics...

Tubs and beginnings of rad support

IMAG0244_sml.jpg

Coolers and radiator remove in one piece.

IMAG0261_sml-1.jpg

IMAG0264_sml.jpg

IMAG0265_sml-1.jpg

IMAG0266_sml-1.jpg

Assembly bolts in place with four bolts.

IMAG0267_sml.jpg

IMAG0282_sml-1.jpg

Headlight, bonnet and panel fitment.

IMAG0294_sml.jpg

IMAG0295_sml.jpg

Steampipe manifold to suit new TD06 and Greddy wastegate.

IMAG0736_sml.jpg

IMAG0737_sml.jpg

Dump pipe

IMAG0757_sml.jpg

Pipework.

IMAG0756_sml.jpg

IMAG0755_sml.jpg

IMAG0758_sml.jpg

IMAG0759_sml.jpg

IMAG0760_sml.jpg

IMAG0761_sml.jpg

Radiator overflow siphon tank.

IMAG1009_sml.jpg

As finished and all back together about to be tuned. Heat shield for the bead rolling nuts.

IMAG1010_sml.jpg

IMAG1011_sml.jpg

IMAG1012_sml.jpg

Still more to come. You collect quite a few pics when you don't update a thread for a year or so...

Rex

Great job on that S14 Rex looks amazing

Rex, what size tube did you use on the front of the s14?

Thanks again lads!

Nic19,

The tubing for the front of the S14 was 25x1.6 for the corners and centre frame, and then 12x1.6 for the details.

Rollcage to ANDRA specs for the sub 10.99sec bracket. Compared to CAMS or the FIA, ANDRAs rollcage regs are about as vague as they come. Odd tube sizes and very little detail mean you can spend a while on the phone with the ANDRA tech clarifying things.

IMAG0951_sml.jpg

IMAG0936_sml.jpg

IMAG0932_sml-1.jpg

IMAG0930_sml.jpg

Bolt through parachute mount in same car.

IMAG0953_sml-1.jpg

IMAG0959_sml-1.jpg

Yet more S13 stuff... Another TD06 manifold, few bits of pipework and dump pipe. Tubs are Rex's but installed by owner.

IMAG0869_sml-1.jpg

IMAG0860_sml.jpg

IMAG0867_sml.jpg

Nice cage in the S12.

What engine is propelling it?

Its having an FJ installed. Rex thinks its being tewaked basically into S12 Silvia spec. Its the coupe shape rather than the hatchback too.

A few more:

CAMS spec bolt in cage for KE/AE71:

IMAG0187_sml.jpg

FIA spec slipper joints:

IMAG0189_sml.jpg

Lower plates contoured to fit floor properly:

IMAG0190_sml.jpg

IMAG0192_sml.jpg

Rex's second car trailer. Rex loaned the first one to someone He once considered a mate who left it outside in the car park of his workshop un-chained, overnight and it was flogged. Never offered one cent, Rex had to eat shit and simply build another... Without a running race-car the trailer is currently sitting in the yard with grass growing through it.

IMAG0465_sml.jpg

S13 LCA's extended 25mm and boxed:

IMAG0148_sml.jpg

IMAG0156_sml.jpg

Another CAMS spec R32 rollcage. Good first upgrade level with double diagonal and single door bars. Also has lateral brace across floor tied to tunnel.

P1010466_sml.jpg

P1010471_sml.jpg

P1010460_sml.jpg

Same R32 as above, replaced the bulky factory automated sunroof with counter sunk lexan. Basically to allow more room to get the cage into the roof space.

P1010473_sml.jpg

What kinda dumb ass leaves a car trailer out side ? I wouldn't leave one out side even if it was chained up

Way to easy to just cut the chain with a bolt cutter let alone leave one out side unchained

Like that tube front end by the way

Its having an FJ installed. Rex thinks its being tewaked basically into S12 Silvia spec. Its the coupe shape rather than the hatchback too.

Good shit :)

What kinda dumb ass leaves a car trailer out side ?...

Rex isn't the first one the f**kwit has screwed, he left quite a few people well ripped-off...