Sign in to follow this  
bluereality5

Got one of my HipHop tracks on a TV commercial

Just did this track for a new Wrigleys ad. I made the music and sang it, and had some mates do back up vocals.

For music tech types, was made with a combination of turntables, Protools and Maschine

The ad is technically amazing - camera moving through a frozen scene in three dimensions.

Hope you like!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSML7XQYb0A

Congrats dude. You should be very proud :)

How long was the whole production? Or just a days shooting?

Well done mate. Good stuff

hahaha good job bro.. thats a pretty funny ad.. what was the pay like?? decent?? :quagmire:

hahaha, remember me this time giving you compliments when your famous.. :thumbsup: you got a cd or anything??

Congrats dude. You should be very proud :)

It took me a full day to get the basic track down, drums bass, turntables etc. Then recorded my own vocals and got a mate to do the backing vocals. Then got two girls I know to come in and do the line "Whatchha looking at boy" cause I wanted the track to lock in with the pics and didn't feel right having my voice over the shots of the two girls.

I saw some early version of the pictures and it was incredible how they did it. It must have taken a lot of people many months to make it.

you got a cd or anything??

I've got an album out at the moment but it's more in the trance/driving music world but here it is if you want to check it out anyway!

The Sea Brings Rivalry Album

ohh wow. thats an effort and a half..

congratulations champ :thumb:

if you dont mind, im sure everyone wants to know, how much they pay..?

Woah! Awesome dude! I'm selling the midi keyboard now to upgrade.

Hopefully going to canada me and my mate, who is a producer growing big slowly, going to do some tracks for a rap concert over there.

One guy wants 20 tracks from him already!!

Congrats man! That's got to be a massive boost to the career. Keep the ball rolling hey, all the best!

Hopefully going to canada me and my mate, who is a producer growing big slowly, going to do some tracks for a rap concert over there.

just remember they use USD

:lol:

Congrats dude. You should be very proud smile.gif

It took me a full day to get the basic track down, drums bass, turntables etc. Then recorded my own vocals and got a mate to do the backing vocals. Then got two girls I know to come in and do the line "Whatchha looking at boy" cause I wanted the track to lock in with the pics and didn't feel right having my voice over the shots of the two girls.

I saw some early version of the pictures and it was incredible how they did it. It must have taken a lot of people many months to make it.

you got a cd or anything??

Sup Moog (you may remember me from such places as - Marickvile food & tunes 'selling Ethiopian quizine + Canberra's 'Asian noodle house' haha (names Nick..

Anyhow nice one mane, saw this on the old tv box last night, thought the voice was familiar

I also spend most of my spare time makin music. In particular Hiphop for Alikeminds Crew and any other avenue'

Anyhow just sayin gday. This is a little website i just put up if ya keen check it out. Peaze

http://www.wix.com/c...old/productions

Also wakefield drift comp this weekend, reppin ACT in my street driven s15 get down there peeps whooohaaa!

Woah! Awesome dude! I'm selling the midi keyboard now to upgrade.

just remember they use USD

on the other hand good effort. what coin you get???

Haha <_>

get paaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiid

now time to increase that mightmods budget xD

Sup Moog (you may remember me from such places as - Marickvile food & tunes 'selling Ethiopian quizine + Canberra's 'Asian noodle house' haha (names Nick..

Anyhow nice one mane, saw this on the old tv box last night, thought the voice was familiar

I also spend most of my spare time makin music. In particular Hiphop for Alikeminds Crew and any other avenue'

Anyhow just sayin gday. This is a little website i just put up if ya keen check it out. Peaze

http://www.wix.com/c...old/productions

Also wakefield drift comp this weekend, reppin ACT in my street driven s15 get down there peeps whooohaaa!

Wow you pop up in unlikely places! You're like the agents from the Matrix who just seem to be everywhere all at once!

Checked out your site - sounds good. I'm sure I'll see you somewhere between a drift track, Canberra and Sydney Food+Tunes sometime soon :)

Yo I just seen this on the television. Very good work, it's even better on a big HD LED :P

You have a a cd other then Itunes mate?

Sounds good, but rather not feed Itunes at all..

I love the beat man! When does the commercial air?

I love the beat man! When does the commercial air?

If you read my comment, I seen it today.

It's already aired.

Just saw it before.... Cool commercial top work buddy congrats

You have a a cd other then Itunes mate?

Sounds good, but rather not feed Itunes at all..

For most people the idea of an album is old fashioned and they just want to pick the songs they like, so for that reason iTunes is good.

Personally I'm a bit more old school and like the idea of physical product so occasionally I do a run of CD's when people want them. The stuff I have available on CD is more electro/trance kind of stuff with female vocals.

But if you do want an actual CD, you can get them here:

Non itunes CD's Here

Just saw this commercial on tv yesterday. Was quite surprised when I saw this thread today that you made the track for the add.

Impressive, keep up the good work!

wow! love your music bro cant wait to hear some more..congrats champ

Hip Hop to Indie Pop. Spot on for TV Commercials. Congratulations none the less, send your stuff to CD Baby they're really good with music distribution and what not.

saw this the other night and actually commented to my girlfriend that she did it (needless to say she looked at me strangely when i said a guy i knew off the internet made the track for this o_0)

But anywho, good sh*t man, really liked it

saw this the other night and actually commented to my girlfriend that she did it (needless to say she looked at me strangely when i said a guy i knew off the internet made the track for this o_0)

But anywho, good sh*t man, really liked it

haha - cool man. Thanks for letting me know!

I got asked to do a Daft Punk style for Arnotts shapes (I love BBQ Shapes!) so just finished this one which is 100% electro with me singing through a Vocoder (a kind of synthesiser with a microphone attached so the synth plays your voice):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vhTnDz1fQA

Cheers for the kind words guys.

Wow these are pretty good. Hell raking in the cash now I suppose. You get cash everytime it airs or they give you upfront pay to use it as many times as they want? Back in the day one of my friends was in the Cottees commercial and she got royalties everytime it was shown on tv.

Back in the day one of my friends was in the Cottees commercial and she got royalties everytime it was shown on tv.

Man that'd be good! Doesnt work like that for music unfortunately.

saw it on tv yesterday, i was like "dude!!, that guy's on ns.com!!!"

i felt pretty special.... :whistle:

If he really needs cash he could just make TRD-LZRs on a production level... they'll be like the new Australian Mad Max Interceptors worth $$ abroad.

I've seen your setup and despite synth tunes being relatively easy to create, why do you use midi based input (keyboard/drumpad) as opposed to music loop programs like FL Studio or Sony Acid.

Edit: this post was full of f**k - I clarified it.

Edited by TheApothecary